TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

well done on losing the inches girls...if it works for you wring it out!

I don't or didn't actually measure anything, I tend to go by "how-long-will-THIS-pair of-trousers-stay-up !!

I tend to go by "how-long-will-THIS-pair of-trousers-stay-up !!

Hah hah - I definitely had to have quite a few hitches walking in to work this morning!

Hah hah - I definitely had to have quite a few hitches walking in to work this morning!

Everyone in my office is making fun of me now, my trousers actually fit across my waist nowadays (ie over my belly button) and not underneath a hanging gut

so consequently all my trousers are about 2" shorter in the leg than they were

my new nickname is Tom Sawyer....

i didn't envisage going from a 32" inside leg to a 34" inside leg just because I've lost weight!!

good for you smiley :eek:) you are doing great!! As are the rest of you inch dropping bassers!!

Would it work for me even though I am close to target do you think? I'm feeling a bit dispondant today as I am convinced I wont have a loss this week. I have stuck to mt calorie goals and only used my exercise cals sparingly. I have exercised a lot more than normal even though its only walking but I just dont feel confident. Its * week (sorry boys) so I am trying to tell myself this is the reason I feel a bit negative and bloaty but I think this Friday is not gonna be a good WI.

Maybe doing my measurements will be another way to check my progress if I cam exercising more but tbh I am a bit worried that it wont show any and I will feel worse? Is this the 'fear' people talk about as they get nearer target? I honestly feel like its never been further away!

I get measured at my gym every 10 weeks - they do arms, chest, abdominal, waist, hips, thighs. I got measured yesterday (it had been 16 weeks because of my hand) and I've lost another 12.75 inches all over, which is 33 inches since I started at the end of October. My instructor said I have the same waist measurement as Victoria Beckham!!! Don't know if that is true but I'm not going to check it out in case she is wrong!!! She also asked if they could use my story in their next ad in the local paper :) Body measurements are a great indicator of progress, especially when you work out. It helps to keep you motivated when the scales tell you otherwise.

Fantastic Sally! It's so inspiring for those of us a bit behind you! You've done so well! Congratulations!

Going to give it a download now...

Oh wow that's brilliant!!! You should defo have your story in the paper!!!

I am just sat re reading my beck book, I need a re cap on beating the little fat girl inside me that seems to be raising her ugly head. Had a terrible night last night, argument with hubby, falling out with son, little ones being awful and all I wanted to do was eat, I ate back my exercise cals which I never normally do, I don't feel bad I just need to gain some control back. I will have gained this week but I deserve it and so be it. I've inputted the whole of today's food into MFP and I WILL stick to it. I'm WAY under cal goal but that will make up for at least some of the damage I've done.

Everyone has those days and it's hard to ignore the wiring you in your brain telling you to eat. I'm glad you're reading your book for inspiration. I'm having a tough day today too. I can't stop thinking about bad foods. I haven't caved in and I've promised myself that when I get back from my walk, I can have a Hot Chocolate. Allowing myself that makes it easier to make it through.

In good news, I have finished up my Couch 2 5K! :D I've run on my elliptical (or X-Trainer) 3 times a week for nine weeks. I feel very proud of myself.

Now I have more confidence about my exercising abilities, my next aim is to take it outside and start pounding the pavement! I still have well over 2 months to prepare for my 5K and I feel excited about it.

good for you smiley :eek:) you are doing great!! As are the rest of you inch dropping bassers!!

Would it work for me even though I am close to target do you think? I'm feeling a bit dispondant today as I am convinced I wont have a loss this week. I have stuck to mt calorie goals and only used my exercise cals sparingly. I have exercised a lot more than normal even though its only walking but I just dont feel confident. Its * week (sorry boys) so I am trying to tell myself this is the reason I feel a bit negative and bloaty but I think this Friday is not gonna be a good WI.

Maybe doing my measurements will be another way to check my progress if I cam exercising more but tbh I am a bit worried that it wont show any and I will feel worse? Is this the 'fear' people talk about as they get nearer target? I honestly feel like its never been further away!

this ain't good is it?

Sparty, check out your photos AGAIN! you are doing great

you ladies and your hormones are a real trial - it's not far away, it's gonna happen and YOU are gonna do it

in a few days you will feel better and you can make great strides in the next three weeks before the painters come in again!

Adjust your goal date if the pressure is too much, better to do that than have a meltdown...it's for life, not for August sister

chin up, you are gonna be great

Hormones are awful, but I just tell myself the hormones don't make me eat- I make me eat. I didn't blow it last night unjust ate more than planned which sits uncomfortably and I don't want it to become a regular thing. I
Am going to do that couch to 5k tonight, it's 25 minutes out of my life ffs, if I get that pain I'll stop but i need to do
Something, I'm sick of sitting and thinking about food on a night. It's just food ffs. If I find any interesting inspirational bits in my
Book I will post ;)

I know everyone's bodies work differently, but for me I just kept doing what I always did and the weight continued to come off. I kept increasing my exercise because I was getting fitter and could do more. I kept following SW rules and my portion sizes probably got smaller and my food healthier because my mindset had changed and my stomach shrunk. I laid off alcohol for weeks at a time because I didn't need it anymore. Have faith that what you are doing will work for you and just keep doing it.

You don't have to believe in it for it to work. You just have to do it. When I started SW I did have doubts that it wouldn't work for me. I did it anyway and it did work. When I joined Gymophobics I had doubts that I would stick with it and that it would work. I went three times a week and kept going. After 12 weeks I was re-assessed and asked what it was I wanted to achieve. I said I wanted to lose weight and tone up. I was asked if I wanted a hard work out or an enjoyable work out. I figured that if I was going to the gym 3 x 30 mins per week then I may as well work as hard as I can. By this stage I had gone from size 18 to 14. The instructor told me that the programme she would give me would get me from a size 14 to 10. I laughed and said that would be great, but I didn't believe her. I didn't think there was anyway I could be a size 10. My breasts are too big, my thighs and bum are huge and I have big hips. I followed that programme and worked hard, just for 3 x 30 mins a week. What did I have to lose? (A lot! lol) That was in January and now I'm buying size 10 clothes. I told my instructor yesterday that I didn't believe her when she said I'd be a size 10 but I did what she told me anyway. She said that she always believed that I would do it.

So even if you think you can't shift those last few pounds or drop another clothes size, just keep following your plan, eating healthily, moving your body and thinking positively because it will work and we believe in you.

I feel like that was the big hug i needed chief lol.

I am not going to give up - i will wait out this feeling rubbish and continue to do as I am. I have a night out on saturday that I need to plan for so I am going to focus my energy into that today and then off to boot camp tonight!

I know everyone's bodies work differently, but for me I just kept doing what I always did and the weight continued to come off. I kept increasing my exercise because I was getting fitter and could do more. I kept following SW rules and my portion sizes probably got smaller and my food healthier because my mindset had changed and my stomach shrunk. I laid off alcohol for weeks at a time because I didn't need it anymore. Have faith that what you are doing will work for you and just keep doing it.

You don't have to believe in it for it to work. You just have to do it. When I started SW I did have doubts that it wouldn't work for me. I did it anyway and it did work. When I joined Gymophobics I had doubts that I would stick with it and that it would work. I went three times a week and kept going. After 12 weeks I was re-assessed and asked what it was I wanted to achieve. I said I wanted to lose weight and tone up. I was asked if I wanted a hard work out or an enjoyable work out. I figured that if I was going to the gym 3 x 30 mins per week then I may as well work as hard as I can. By this stage I had gone from size 18 to 14. The instructor told me that the programme she would give me would get me from a size 14 to 10. I laughed and said that would be great, but I didn't believe her. I didn't think there was anyway I could be a size 10. My breasts are too big, my thighs and bum are huge and I have big hips. I followed that programme and worked hard, just for 3 x 30 mins a week. What did I have to lose? (A lot! lol) That was in January and now I'm buying size 10 clothes. I told my instructor yesterday that I didn't believe her when she said I'd be a size 10 but I did what she told me anyway. She said that she always believed that I would do it.

So even if you think you can't shift those last few pounds or drop another clothes size, just keep following your plan, eating healthily, moving your body and thinking positively because it will work and we believe in you.

Thanks sally! I guess you are right - it might not come off by my target date but as long as I stick to my new lifestyle it will come off eventually. i think im just having a bad day - but surprisingly i havent even thought about food - which i guess shows how my mind set is changing.

I feel like that was the big hug i needed chief lol.

I am not going to give up - i will wait out this feeling rubbish and continue to do as I am. I have a night out on saturday that I need to plan for so I am going to focus my energy into that today and then off to boot camp tonight!

you're welcome :bighug:

the last few lbs are gonna be a slog, no point in sugar-coating it. Especially as there isn't much of you anyway!

but those 5lbs WILL make a big difference to your confidence and general approach to everything you have a tilt at

perspective and percentages - lets give that some thought

5lbs as percentage is 4.03% of you

5lbs as percentage of me is 2.24%

I am a foot taller and about 7 stone heavier

so basically, in very unscientific terms, its 100% harder for you to lose those 5lbs than me

so you are one TOUGH little sister and when you struggle, you should get help and a very gentle kick in the rump....

you should investigate the inches thing, but it's all about how you look, how you feel and what fits that you like.

numbers are only part of the deal

Great post, It is a guaranteed thing Sparty, if you stick to it, you will get there in the end, and for you we are talking weeks not months. So hard to keep the faith when you feel crappy and bloated, I know because I had that problem last weeki, but that's what you gotta do...KEEP THE FAITH NO MATTER WHAT!!

Great inspirational post sally.

Sparty, here's another angle - if it takes six months to shed those last 5 pounds ...... so what?

In my case I spent 20 years being a fat lazy slob, and the real change had nothing to do with weight, or inches - it was all in my head. I KNOW that the person inside has changed for good (although I have the occsasional doubt, like everyone else) and the ONLY POSSIBLE RESULT of that change in attitude is that I will be slim, fit and healthy. If it takes 6 months, I don't care. If it takes a year, I don't care. If it takes five years, I don't care.

What I care about is being able to join in the fun and games with my kids while they're still around, or with my little neices and nephews when they come to visit, or (gulp!) with the grandkids that will be along in a few years time. I won't be grabbing the camera so that I can avoid being in the holiday pictures. I won't be 'fat uncle Smiley' - I'lll be 'fun uncle Smiley'. I'll go out with Mrs S for a run first thing in the morning, and then maybe a game of badminton in the evening, rather than sitting on the couch moaning about there being nothing on the telly.

So it's the same for you - your weight, nice to see it fall, is irrelevant. Look at all the stuff you do nowadays that you didn't do before? That's so cool - you should be proud of what you've achieved. Sorry to repeat myself, but if those last few pounds take a year to come off, that makes NO DIFFERENCE to the lean, mean machine you've turned your body into.

Thank you - all of you - for giving me a bit of perspective! You are all right - I have to just be patient and stick with it. I will get there eventually. The trick is going to be not falling off the wagon on my way! But I am nothing if not a good planner when I have a night out so I will get to work for this weekend.

I took my moany butt out for a 30 minute walk at lunchtime to burn a few extra calories and show myself that even in my lunch break I can still do some good. Exercise is ALL good no matter how small.

right, Spartys happy again, crack on y'all!

Just had my warriors lunch of a huge salad, chargrilled turkey, lean ham, peppers, cucumber, shredded beetroot and LF dressing (I like the variety!)

it does not appear to matter how much salad I eat, I never feel full...or hungry....its just weird

I firmly believe I could sit and eat salad for three hours solid and still not feel full!!

Oh wow that's brilliant!!! You should defo have your story in the paper!!!

I am just sat re reading my beck book, I need a re cap on beating the little fat girl inside me that seems to be raising her ugly head. Had a terrible night last night, argument with hubby, falling out with son, little ones being awful and all I wanted to do was eat, I ate back my exercise cals which I never normally do, I don't feel bad I just need to gain some control back. I will have gained this week but I deserve it and so be it. I've inputted the whole of today's food into MFP and I WILL stick to it. I'm WAY under cal goal but that will make up for at least some of the damage I've done.

Poor Lou, sounds like a really ***** evening for you! Don't assume you will gain just yet, after all it sounds like you have broken even with your cals for ONE day, you will be OK. You recognised your cravings for the emotional eating that they were and you didn't go mad - that is a result. Chin up duck! Big hugs

Back