TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Well guys I'm coming out the other side, please remind me next month when I'm freaking out and hormonal that it WILL pass in 2 days.

Me and my mr have just sat and written a list of ten things we want to achieve next year, we're in a rut and fed up and it needs to change, one of them was find a hobby to do
Together involving exercise, we though tennis but I'm not convinced......any other ideas? Nothing too pricey though please. The other was from me to reach goal and maintain it and make more of an effort with my appearance. Hubby said I don't need to but I do, I'v let things slip. Sorry that ended up being chatty but just wanted to share my long term goals with you all.

Badminton is more fun than tennis IMO, plus it's indoors so no cancelling for the weather. Most sports centres have a club with a ladder system, and lots and lots of couples play of all standards.

Boot camp.....DONE! I needed that today and I feel great for having done it (even though i twinged my quad and now have to ice it haha)

I enjoyed it a lot more this week and can def feel my fitness levels improving.

WooHooI! 2lbs off at WI this evening! Oooh look the second target just went green - at last!! Finally in the single lb figures in the 11's which is such a psychological boost, I feel like I can whittle it down to the next target (11st5) in no time.

AND even though it's WI night, and unhelpful boyf stopped at M&S on the way home and turned up with steak pie and chips ('but I thought it was weigh night so you could eat what you want?')(suppose you can't blame him for being confused given the last few weeks), I had half a beefburger and a few chips and some salad - all within my cal limit for today. Yay!

Now I just need my 1st Basser badge, and I can't find the link to the images on this thread anywhere, have been looking for ages. Does anyone have the link handy?

Onwards and upwards (downwards) after a few weeks of not loosing. I'm back on it!!

BonnieBooBear said:
WooHooI! 2lbs off at WI this evening! Oooh look the second target just went green - at last!! Finally in the single lb figures in the 11's which is such a psychological boost, I feel like I can whittle it down to the next target (11st5) in no time.

AND even though it's WI night, and unhelpful boyf stopped at M&S on the way home and turned up with steak pie and chips ('but I thought it was weigh night so you could eat what you want?')(suppose you can't blame him for being confused given the last few weeks), I had half a beefburger and a few chips and some salad - all within my cal limit for today. Yay!

Now I just need my 1st Basser badge, and I can't find the link to the images on this thread anywhere, have been looking for ages. Does anyone have the link handy?

Onwards and upwards (downwards) after a few weeks of not loosing. I'm back on it!!

Well dun :) :) :)

Hi everyone. Help me please! Tomorrow is my last weigh in before my wedding, and my last night to myself before the big day. What I want to do is have a quiet girly night to myself watching some cheesy movies and my mind keeps wandering to bad foods! I can tell I have been fighting this binge all night. I want to have an in-control treat, but I am determined not to binge. I'm worried I won't be able to control myself tomorrow night after weigh in. The worst part is I have to go grocery shopping, which is when I am weakest.

I have been SO good since my binge last week. I had gone so long without thinking these thoughts until last week, and I don't like how often I am tempted! I was finding it so easy.

Hi everyone. Help me please! Tomorrow is my last weigh in before my wedding, and my last night to myself before the big day. What I want to do is have a quiet girly night to myself watching some cheesy movies and my mind keeps wandering to bad foods! I can tell I have been fighting this binge all night. I want to have an in-control treat, but I am determined not to binge. I'm worried I won't be able to control myself tomorrow night after weigh in. The worst part is I have to go grocery shopping, which is when I am weakest.

I have been SO good since my binge last week. I had gone so long without thinking these thoughts until last week, and I don't like how often I am tempted! I was finding it so easy.

Hey Lisa

I'm sure Lou or Rod will be on here soon to give you some proper hard hitting tough love, but in the meantime I'll try to help . . .

What the hell are you thinking? Tomorrow night is your chance to do your own thing and enjoy yourself. The weekend will be hectic with wedding stuff and then it will be honeymoon. Write yourself a list of all the healthy foods you enjoy and one bit of indulgence . . . if it were me it would be smoked salmon with philly light, followed by strawberries, blueberries, meringue and a mullerlight made into Eton Mess. Enjoy your movie and have some good food to go with it, but don't blow it because you'll feel like crap the next day. Your wedding will be one of the best days of your life, so look forward to it, enjoy it and celebrate everything you have achieved.

Now I shall make way for the hardcore. I hope you're ready . . .

Hey Lisa

I'm sure Lou or Rod will be on here soon to give you some proper hard hitting tough love, but in the meantime I'll try to help . . .

What the hell are you thinking? Tomorrow night is your chance to do your own thing and enjoy yourself. The weekend will be hectic with wedding stuff and then it will be honeymoon. Write yourself a list of all the healthy foods you enjoy and one bit of indulgence . . . if it were me it would be smoked salmon with philly light, followed by strawberries, blueberries, meringue and a mullerlight made into Eton Mess. Enjoy your movie and have some good food to go with it, but don't blow it because you'll feel like crap the next day. Your wedding will be one of the best days of your life, so look forward to it, enjoy it and celebrate everything you have achieved.

Now I shall make way for the hardcore. I hope you're ready . . .

Firstly, I agree completely with Sally! Awesome advice.

Secondly, I think you need to refocus. I think your binge last week has knocked your for six a bit and the fact that you are upset about it is making you want to binge more. I'm with Sally, plan some delicious foods yes, but they don't have to be off target! Focus on other aspects of the evening too. I LOVE painting my nails- how about a new nail polish and a face-mask? You could give yourself a foot soak! There are so many other things to focus on than food. Plan the evening so it includes delicious but healthy foods and think of other ways to treat yourself.

Good news for me TLers. Did my mid-week check this morning and I'm showing a loss already this week. Home today and tomorrow- Low GI day today and Low Carbs tomorrow. That should hopefully see me through the weekend! I've taken a walk after dinner every night this week and plan on doing that a swim today. Struggling with the yoga videos. I have NO upper body strength. Boo. :(

Lisa, MAKE A LIST MAKE A LIST MAKE A LIST and then MAKE A LIST.

Do NOT allow yourself to deviate from the list when you are shopping - and make sure you eat something, even if it is just a bananna, first, so you don't feel weak and empty.

As Sally said, treat yourself to something expensive and decadent that you wouldn't normally eat but is on plan - for me it would be a large bowl of mussells in white wine sauce. Or something like fajitas with spicy veggies and salsa (quite low) and maybe a tiny bit of sour cream or creme fraiche (counted, of course), I love this, it takes ages to eat so you feel satisfied and your fingers get all messy. And only 143 cals per fajita without the sour cream.

Whatever you do, you owe it to yourself, and us, to not binge tonight. A big binge, while it won't make a massive difference in terms of body fat, could lead to bloat, which could last a good few days and will make you look porky in your dress. Nobody wants that!

Stay strong sister!

Well I have decided to invite my mum along to my girly night, she will keep me in line! She would never let me go off plan, so I figure that would help alot. I'm feeling skinnier today, so definitely feeling less tempted to binge :) I'm gonna try a recipe for salt and pepper chicken off the SW forum with some SW home made chips and a Greek salad. All counted, of course!

Thanks ladies. I don't know what was wrong with me last night. So pathetic! I am strong, I can say no to my binge impulses, and I will!

Hi Lisa,

I didnt get chance to respond to your post until now. All I can say is that I can't believe that you are worrying about food when you are getting married tomorrow!!! THAT IS SO EXCITING!! I think the 'hunger' and 'binge' feelings are actually just nerves and butterflies :)

The advice from everyone else has been great in my opinion. I would start with a face mask and a nice hot bubble bath before your mum and girlies get round, then dinner followed by Sally's eaton mess idea (I use this all the time - its really yummy and not half as bad for you as it should be given the taste. That meringue will more than satisfy your sugar craving). You could always save 'pudding' for a bit later in the evening when you are watching films so that it feels like more or a 'treat'! Then its on with the PJ's, nail varnish out, tissues at the ready and rom coms in the dvd player! Tell you rmum and girlies that you don't want them to bring over any choccies/crisps etc so you have nothing of that sort that you can resort to even if you wanted to!

DO NOT MAKE TONIGHT ABOUT FOOD!!! Its for reflecting on your relationship and getting over excited about your big day and becoming a WIFE (omg!! a wife!!!!). And imagine how good you are going to feel in your dress now you have dropped some lbs and inches and after a night of relaxing and staying strong so you can enjoy your wedding day bloat free!

I don't feel
I'm in a position to
Dole out the tough love today. Saved cals for wine with a friend last night but had more than I planned, I didn't eat anything which was nothing short of a miracle as I was pretty drunk and it was a 20 minute walk each way to her house but still....I have gone over yet again. I don't want to use hormones as an excuse but it's the only thing that's different this week and the only thing I can think if that's affecting my
Mood and making me so weak willed. I feel like its really really hard this week. I'm sure I'm in for a massive gain as I feel fatter. I don't even want to get weighed this week, I want to just close my eyes stick my
Fingers in my ears and go lalalala til it all goes away. Tough love needed big time please I'm spiralling out of control.

If you've dropped your exercise due to the injury, that will make you feel low. Can you do some stuff with just your arms maybe? Grab some barbells if you've got them, or big food cans if you don't (I used big bottles of lenor once!) and try pumping along with the rowers?

SmileyMan said:
If you've dropped your exercise due to the injury, that will make you feel low. Can you do some stuff with just your arms maybe? Grab some barbells if you've got them, or big food cans if you don't (I used big bottles of lenor once!) and try pumping along with the rowers?

I'm still walking a lot, but maybe it is the exercise thing, maybe I'm just putting everything on hold subconsciously til this scan....I don't know but I
Don't feel myself at the minute. I have some small weightsi will do some this afternoon :)

Back