TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

conlou1 said:
I'm still walking a lot, but maybe it is the exercise thing, maybe I'm just putting everything on hold subconsciously til this scan....I don't know but I
Don't feel myself at the minute. I have some small weightsi will do some this afternoon :)

I like smileys idea of keeping time with the rowers. Might try that one myself - could work with a lot of the Olympic sports I suppose.

Do u feel able to do any sit ups Lou? Is it your stomach that hurts? What about poppin for a swim? I think u need to get out a bit away from hubby and kids to get your head clear - a run works wonders for me but I know you can't run ATM.

Look at all the advice I got after my dip in confidence - I'm sure you will find it helpful. Just get back on track right away.....don't let this become a binge!

sparty said:
I like smileys idea of keeping time with the rowers. Might try that one myself - could work with a lot of the Olympic sports I suppose.

Do u feel able to do any sit ups Lou? Is it your stomach that hurts? What about poppin for a swim? I think u need to get out a bit away from hubby and kids to get your head clear - a run works wonders for me but I know you can't run ATM.

Look at all the advice I got after my dip in confidence - I'm sure you will find it helpful. Just get back on track right away.....don't let this become a binge!

I definitely won't binge, I'm just letting the amount of food creep up little by little each day and I'm getting in that stupid oh it won't matter mindset. But it does matter and I'm just being ridiculous. I didn't get to read much of my
Book yesterday so am off home after having a 30 minute walk and going to
Have a nice lunch and a detox green tea and just sort my head out. I'm over complicating it after all it's just bloody food. I can't do sit ups in case I have a hernia, so walking is pretty much as strenuous as I dare go with the exception of cleaning until I know what I'm dealing with

I don't feel
I'm in a position to
Dole out the tough love today. Saved cals for wine with a friend last night but had more than I planned, I didn't eat anything which was nothing short of a miracle as I was pretty drunk and it was a 20 minute walk each way to her house but still....I have gone over yet again. I don't want to use hormones as an excuse but it's the only thing that's different this week and the only thing I can think if that's affecting my
Mood and making me so weak willed. I feel like its really really hard this week. I'm sure I'm in for a massive gain as I feel fatter. I don't even want to get weighed this week, I want to just close my eyes stick my
Fingers in my ears and go lalalala til it all goes away. Tough love needed big time please I'm spiralling out of control.

Right Lou, what are we going to do with you? All I can say is that I was in your shoes last week (in the hormonal sense). It makes you feel like a total piece of poo. Fast forward to this week, and I feel all shiny and new and enthusiastic. You need to batten down the hatches and ride out the storm. It will pass, it won't go on forever. In the mean time, you need to get a bit sensible and limit the damage you are doing to yourself.

If I were you, I would put my calorie allowance up by 200 cals a day just until lady fun time is over. But the catch is that you DO NOT EXCEED THIS BY ONE SINGLE CALORIE. I would also be inclined to cut the exercise completely for a few days, and stop beating yourself up about it - because the negative 'bad, bad Lou' feelings are only contributing to your sense of hopelessness and feeling that you are failing.

You aren't failing - just look at the amazing weeks you have had in the past and all the good work you have done. You need a time out where you quit with all the guilt, rest and reflect, then bloody well make sure on the day you feel better, you go for it 110%. Stop trying to play catch up, it won't work and will just make you feel like a failure.

You have got through feeling like this before - just look at that week where your niece was ill and you had bad news about your daughter - you stormed through it. This hiccup will pas and you will be fine.

round up time

Emma - you are truly on the final furlong, keep up the good work

Bonnie- festival did you some good, 2lb loss is stunning well done

Lisajade - you've had great advice, use it. PLAN PLAN PLAN. THEN PLAN A RIPSNORTING WEDDING NIGHT!! Congrats btw

Lou - you are gonna be fine, a few of them are on the up and we're on the down at the mo..it happens. Stay cool and you are the best fighter on the team, remember that.

Badminton is a great suggestion for you and hubby - and it will tone your pins beautifully

everyone else keep up the good work and nice to see GF has made mod too - congrats sister!

right I am still stuck on 15-13

so I'm re-doubling my efforts

what I cannot work out is that I am at my leanest since forever and even people that have seen me in the past two weeks notice I look different

I can't figure why I don't budge downwards more than i have

I have significantly upped the exercise and more later today with a fishing trip that involves some significant hills?

could I be building lean muscle mass? is this possible?

I am seriously peed off TBH, my food is rocksolid and 100% as is my willpower. I don;t have hormones to blame and I'm regular as a Swiss cuckoo clock.

I've plateau'ed before, but this is three pounds in three weeks..I expect better!!

I AM ANGRY

Rod the Bass said:

what I cannot work out is that I am at my leanest since forever and even people that have seen me in the past two weeks notice I look different

I have significantly upped the exercise and more later today with a fishing trip that involves some significant hills?

I am seriously peed off TBH, my food is rocksolid and 100% as is my willpower. I don;t have hormones to blame and I'm regular as a Swiss cuckoo clock.

I've plateau'ed before, but this is three pounds in three weeks..I expect better!!

I AM ANGRY

Sounds to me like your body is getting ready for a big loss. Alternatively, all this hanging about with women is playing havoc with your hormones....

Rod the Bass said:

I AM ANGRY

I'm not surprised that your losses are slowing as you get towards goal. It's normal. A plateau is generally temporary though so I am sure things will move. Keep trudging onwards!

However, changes can be made. Slightly reducing your portion sizes will help. Any snacking that can be reduced? These tiny changes could make a big difference!

And don't be too disheartened. Your goal date is December and we all know you're going to kill it ;)

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

Rod - you have lost most of the weight you were planning to lose so your body is probably getting used to your new healthier diet which is why it is being a bit uncooperative at the moment maybe. I think you eat pretty well generally but maybe you are in a bit of a routine with your food?? Can you vary it a little to get things moving again? I dont mean anything dramatic.

For example, I used to have fruit and yoghurt for brekkie, a salad for lunch with more fruit and then meat/fish with veg/salad/pasta for dinner when I was following SW. My snacks were more fruit and cereal bars. On SW you can either have bread OR cereal/cereal bars but not both in the same day. Same as milk and cheese - its got to be one or the other and i ALWAYS used milk so I could have cups of tea and gave up cheese. When I first got stuck on a weight I changed the order I ate things about and varied my milk/cheese so I wasnt always having the same thing and after a week I went down a pound and things went on again from there.

Portion sizes are another good thing to keep an eye on. Whatever you are doing, it is obviously working as you have lost over 4 stone! Thats brilliant. I can remember how you said you were stuck before in one stoine bracket and then once you hit the next it flew off. Maybe this is just gonna take a bit more time than the 16s?

Patience determined leader......onwards and downwards!

Right Lou, what are we going to do with you? All I can say is that I was in your shoes last week (in the hormonal sense). It makes you feel like a total piece of poo. Fast forward to this week, and I feel all shiny and new and enthusiastic. You need to batten down the hatches and ride out the storm. It will pass, it won't go on forever. In the mean time, you need to get a bit sensible and limit the damage you are doing to yourself.

If I were you, I would put my calorie allowance up by 200 cals a day just until lady fun time is over. But the catch is that you DO NOT EXCEED THIS BY ONE SINGLE CALORIE. I would also be inclined to cut the exercise completely for a few days, and stop beating yourself up about it - because the negative 'bad, bad Lou' feelings are only contributing to your sense of hopelessness and feeling that you are failing.

You aren't failing - just look at the amazing weeks you have had in the past and all the good work you have done. You need a time out where you quit with all the guilt, rest and reflect, then bloody well make sure on the day you feel better, you go for it 110%. Stop trying to play catch up, it won't work and will just make you feel like a failure.

You have got through feeling like this before - just look at that week where your niece was ill and you had bad news about your daughter - you stormed through it. This hiccup will pas and you will be fine.

thanks bonnie, your right...i have increased my cals by 200 the last 2 weeks anyway, so im having 1400, btu what ive been doing this week is exercising but eating my exercise cals aswell :/ so my cal intake has been high but its been sort of controlled...any other week it wouldnt bother me but im having lady fun time, and i have the wedding looming next week and i am now worried im going to look awful in the pics cos ive over indulged, which is ridiculous ive hardly put a stone on...got weighed on my dodgy scales and theyre still saying 10.10, so im hoping that ive sts. tbh im feeling so poo about it all i think im going to skip getting weighed until im feeling a bit better about everything. i think i just need to take the pressure off and stop stressing so much.

I AM ANGRY

oh rod......its crap isnt it? seems like were having a miserable time of it this week eh?
it could be plateau, if youve not done what i seem to be doing and getting complacant and eating more without really realising then i would say it is....doing more exercise is brilliant as your toning up, but i think you need to reduce protion size by 1/3 at each meal...buy a smaller plate so it tricks your mind into not thinking your going without. i remember you posting what you eat daily and it did seem like a lot to me...i know your like a foot taller than me, but i think you was losing weight eating this amount before but now theres less of you it takes less food to run your body....i will put money on if you reduce portion sizes and keep up the exercise youll lose weight again...and youll have a good loss aswell. another thing, are you have some rest days from exercise? you could be retaining water if your hammering exercise and increasing it all the time...dont go over board with the exercise and make yourself ill. and now im gonna do my herbal bit....try taking a good strong green tea capsule every day, and drink a mug of hot water with lemon in every morning...this will rid your body of toxins and help get rid of water retention.

Hang on a minute Rod, just the other day you were 16-1?

You know, I know and everyone else here knows that you are doing what it takes to shift the flab. There could be a million reasons why your scales aren't showing it, but if you can feel it and your clothes are getting looser, the fat is definitely coming off and the scales will show it sooner or later - most likely in a huge loss in the next week or so. I am no scientist (Smiley, where are you?) but I did ask a personal trainer (in a different lifetime) whether I was at risk of putting on from excess muscle gain, and she laughed in my face and said that unless I was consuming protein shakes three times a day and spending over an hour lifting weights a night, there was no chance I would actually gain weight from it.

I'm with Lou, keeping an eye on portions can't hurt though, I guess. Other than that you just need to keep calm and carry on...it stinks I know!

Thanks all for your ideas. I have decided to stay well on plan tonight. I had a nice long walk this afternoon, and feeling so much better. No risk of eating junk tonight. Weigh in at 5:30, hoping to join Rod in the 15s :)

try taking a good strong green tea capsule every day, and drink a mug of hot water with lemon in every morning...this will rid your body of toxins and help get rid of water retention.

Any tablets you would recommend Lou? I have tried drinking the stuff years ago and I hated it. I am going to give it another shot but this would be a good back up if it is still awful.

Does lemon really work? I have seen a lot of posts where people claim to have introduced a squeeze of lemon into their diet and magically they start losing again - without changing anything else. I ws VERY skeptical about this as it was all over the 'draw a line under it', 'it's ok to have cake if its your birthday', one day off wont matter', 'i dont count alcohol' brigade threads. But now that you have said it I am intrigued.

Good decision LJ - just one more day and then you can relax and enjoy your big day!

[I hope we are going to get a peek at a wedding snap as a progress picture?!?!]

Any tablets you would recommend Lou? I have tried drinking the stuff years ago and I hated it. I am going to give it another shot but this would be a good back up if it is still awful.

Does lemon really work? I have seen a lot of posts where people claim to have introduced a squeeze of lemon into their diet and magically they start losing again - without changing anything else. I ws VERY skeptical about this as it was all over the 'draw a line under it', 'it's ok to have cake if its your birthday', one day off wont matter', 'i dont count alcohol' brigade threads. But now that you have said it I am intrigued.

Good decision LJ - just one more day and then you can relax and enjoy your big day!

[I hope we are going to get a peek at a wedding snap as a progress picture?!?!]

hey hun, dont drink the tea its vile and its not as potent as the capules, i take one in a morning, my losses are better when i take them, but it could be circumstantial. the lemon and hot water is brilliant, try having 2 cups of it one after the other...youll pee for england!!!

right i have been thinking and thinking all day about what im going to do with myself, and how im going to get through this, all ive had to eat all day is a sandwich...ive been saving my cals for a pizza that ive fancied all week, i havent had a pizza for weeks and its budgeted for so no biggy (plus i dont eat any of the crusts so thats half the pizza gone ) anyway thats my plan for tonight, then im going to have a bath, do a face mask and pamper myself a bit in preparation for my next stage....

tomorrow i am going to do a big shop but im going to get some different foods to have, and im going to make a meal plan from tomorrow until thursday, every food will be counted and weighed and ill stick to my set meal plans
im going to do an exercise plan, i am going to start the couch to 5k, i have been saying it all week but tomorrow morning im going to lay my trackies and trainers out and when i get in from work im just going to get changed and do it...no sitting and thinking about it
im going to take science boys suggestion and do some weights on my arms
im going to keep track of how many fluids im taking in
im cutting out alcohol untilt eh wedding on thursday and then im going to stick to gin and slim line while im there and alternate alcoholic drinks with water

i am getting some control back, and im going to whip my butt back into shape...anything else anyone can add to the list to get me back in control and motivated please feel free to add. i want you all to do me a favour, if i come on with excuses dont let me get away with any of it....i wouldnt you lot, i need to report in daily and let you know what my plans are and if ive stuck to it, if i havent you have to give me a telling off...im banning myself from chit chat until i can get some control back, i need strictness and for you all to be really tough on me...yes i have crap ging on and health issues but so do other people, that doesnt mean i get to wallow and feel sorry for myself...there ive kicked my own butt, and ill see you all on the other side when im back to my usual self....:D

I lost 3.5, taking me to 15 stone 11lbs. Very pleased. I haven't eaten anything, been at the hospital with my gran, she's not doing too well :( so gutted she can't make my wedding on Tuesday :( sorry, it's chit chat I know!

So sorry to hear about your Gran Lisa! That's terrible. But congratulations on your loss- I am sure you are going to be a beautiful bride!

hey hun, dont drink the tea its vile and its not as potent as the capules, i take one in a morning, my losses are better when i take them, but it could be circumstantial. the lemon and hot water is brilliant, try having 2 cups of it one after the other...youll pee for england!!!

right i have been thinking and thinking all day about what im going to do with myself, and how im going to get through this, all ive had to eat all day is a sandwich...ive been saving my cals for a pizza that ive fancied all week, i havent had a pizza for weeks and its budgeted for so no biggy (plus i dont eat any of the crusts so thats half the pizza gone ) anyway thats my plan for tonight, then im going to have a bath, do a face mask and pamper myself a bit in preparation for my next stage....

tomorrow i am going to do a big shop but im going to get some different foods to have, and im going to make a meal plan from tomorrow until thursday, every food will be counted and weighed and ill stick to my set meal plans
im going to do an exercise plan, i am going to start the couch to 5k, i have been saying it all week but tomorrow morning im going to lay my trackies and trainers out and when i get in from work im just going to get changed and do it...no sitting and thinking about it
im going to take science boys suggestion and do some weights on my arms
im going to keep track of how many fluids im taking in
im cutting out alcohol untilt eh wedding on thursday and then im going to stick to gin and slim line while im there and alternate alcoholic drinks with water

i am getting some control back, and im going to whip my butt back into shape...anything else anyone can add to the list to get me back in control and motivated please feel free to add. i want you all to do me a favour, if i come on with excuses dont let me get away with any of it....i wouldnt you lot, i need to report in daily and let you know what my plans are and if ive stuck to it, if i havent you have to give me a telling off...im banning myself from chit chat until i can get some control back, i need strictness and for you all to be really tough on me...yes i have crap ging on and health issues but so do other people, that doesnt mean i get to wallow and feel sorry for myself...there ive kicked my own butt, and ill see you all on the other side when im back to my usual self....:D

That's more like the Lou we know! Great post. Keep at it and you can definitely do it. A little self-discipline goes a long way. Keep that fighting spirit!

I lost 3.5, taking me to 15 stone 11lbs. Very pleased. I haven't eaten anything, been at the hospital with my gran, she's not doing too well :( so gutted she can't make my wedding on Tuesday :( sorry, it's chit chat I know!

Woohoo I think chitchat should be allowed when it starts with a whopping great loss like that. Nice one! Sorry to hear about your gran though x

Back