TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Super behaving, over that bout of colitis, keeping it lean and green and have dropped that 6 pound steroid bloat. Prob could be better exercise wise to be honest! Only 2 small walks last week. Hope to get right back to Bob Harper's Beginner (yeah right!) Workout tomorrow.

Hey Bassers! All finished worshiping Buddha! The food was super.healthy and yesterday I did a hike and this morning I did 108 prostrations. Quite the unique way to work up a sweat! Heading home now and hopeful for a good loss tomorrow morning!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

Weighed myself this morning and I have lost 16 pounds since the first of June! If thats not motivation I don't know what is...No more blowouts of pizza, fried chicken blah blah. Keeping it lean and green, 80% primal seems to work for me.
Rob, seems I may be on track for that 14lbs by end August after all! That would bring me to my lightest weight in 8 years. C'Mon.

anradharc said:
Weighed myself this morning and I have lost 16 pounds since the first of June! If thats not motivation I don't know what is...No more blowouts of pizza, fried chicken blah blah. Keeping it lean and green, 80% primal seems to work for me.
Rob, seems I may be on track for that 14lbs by end August after all! That would bring me to my lightest weight in 8 years. C'Mon.

Well done.

still being good :) i didnt give in to the cr@p in my freezer :) still not had a single snack this week (day 6! :) ) hubby has been crawling - as he bloody well should, took me out for dinner last night (which NEVER happens btw!) and i had SW friendly meal and stayed within my syns - even with a drink too! feeling much more positive than i was the other day! been out shopping stocked up on my fruit n veg, meals all planned for the week! so all back on track ere (eating wise anyway! lol ) really hoping for at least another 1lb off this week, will be gutted if its only another 0.5lb as the no snacking thing has been hard! lol
and thanks guys for the supportive words, really helped, even though i KNOW food wont make me feel better having someone tell you deffo makes a difference! lol x glad to see every1 else keeping on top of things :) X

Well done everyone sounds like we have all had a good weekend. Just got back from a 7 mile run (in the pouring rain. Urgh!) and now off for a nice hot bath. I will be sore tomorrow!

1.2lbs lost this week. Pleased I lost, slightly disappointed I weighed less before the weekend, as I generally thought I did okay. Got rid of that silly 1/2lb though! Think I can lose more this week. Lady Fun Time is due and my thigh muscles are SO sore today. I can't properly get up when I sit down so I think I am probably retaining water because of that. (I'm right in thinking that you retain water when you've got hurt muscles, right?!)

Not focusing so much on carbs this week, just generally on calories and choosing low GI options. Avoiding snacks last week really didn't work so I'm going to try harder this week since I think that was a failing point. My thighs are ridiculously sore so I am going to rest them tonight and then do my run tomorrow. Don't want to make them any worse since I limped the 20 minute walk to school today!

ok, I've STS thro the weekend and this week its all business

so the portions are under total scrutiny, walks twice a day and plenty of water

I am despearate to make a move, also I am not weighing any more until Friday

I always say do what works for you - well until now, what I was doing works

and for whatever reason, it now doesnt

I am not scared to ring the changes, this last 1st 13lbs is coming off

:asskick:

1.2lbs lost this week. Pleased I lost, slightly disappointed I weighed less before the weekend, as I generally thought I did okay. Got rid of that silly 1/2lb though! Think I can lose more this week. Lady Fun Time is due and my thigh muscles are SO sore today. I can't properly get up when I sit down so I think I am probably retaining water because of that. (I'm right in thinking that you retain water when you've got hurt muscles, right?!)

Not focusing so much on carbs this week, just generally on calories and choosing low GI options. Avoiding snacks last week really didn't work so I'm going to try harder this week since I think that was a failing point. My thighs are ridiculously sore so I am going to rest them tonight and then do my run tomorrow. Don't want to make them any worse since I limped the 20 minute walk to school today!

Well done, 1.2 is a nice loss. Why were the thighs so sore? Because of the Buddha worshipping?

Well done, 1.2 is a nice loss. Why were the thighs so sore? Because of the Buddha worshipping?

Yep. 108 bows in on session and I'd guess I did about 40 others during the other services. Those prostrations are intense! It involves you bowing, kneeling, head to the floor, up on your knees, stand up and REPEAT. Very tough on the legs!

faery_lights said:

Yes my legs are killing and I've gone up
On my scales by 2 pound since they've been hurting, ok that's according to the dodgiest scales in the world but still....I'm not getting weighed at boots until I feel less bloated and bunged up, I'm thinking of breaking my scales addiction and weighing in once a fortnight officially. The losses at this stage I know will be slower so weighing every week could be demotivating, my friend only got weighed once a month, she said it was great always seeing some sort of loss. I don't want to get too hung up on what they're saying, as it sometimes distracts me from the job at hand.

I'm doing rubbish st the no snack thing, hubby bought some mini frozen yogurt pots they're only 130cals each so I had 1 Friday night and one sat night, then last might had some low fat cheese a yogurt and satsuma. My cals were only 1400 for the day but if I hadn't had that they would have been 1150 and today I feel swollen and yuk. I need to
Knock this smacking thing on the head.y cals have been good since Friday, I've really stepped up the exercise too so a bit miffed I'm still feeling bloated and swollen.

I've decided to eat a larger breakfast, and have less at my evening meal, as I think this is where I'm going wrong I'm not eating enough in a morning and am having to
Push myself through the day feeling hungry then come tea time I am so hungry I eat too much then no matter what I eat I don't feel satisfied.

Rod your in a plateau, it's where the the calories taken in and energy put out is matching what your body needs to just run itself, by reducing portions....I'd say by 1/3 then give it a good week and I am sure the pounds will
Come off again. Drink plenty of fluids too especially if you've increased exercise. Try give yourself til the weekend to get weighed, your body needs time to adjust and if your getting stressed at the scales not moving down this isnt
Going to do you any good. I was reading about plateaus the other day and it happens to majority of people at some point, usually in the first 6 months of dieting. I'm doing the 3 pound dance like I did a stone ago, up 3 pound down 3 pound, I'm getting complacent and eating larger portions, I had set MFP to 1400 cals but I'm lowering it to 1200 as I need to break this cycle of lose-gain. Hot water and lemon for me all day today too.

I was going to come and whinge about my weekend, because I've just been absolutely craving real food for the first time since my first few days. Very tempted by some lovely meatballs on Saturday night.

OK, I'm going on a Rod-style RAMPAGE this week. Weights coming out from under the bed, walking shoes ready to go, stairs at work and a brisk trot every lunchtime. Like the man says, you can have weight loss or you can have excuses. I know what needs to be done, and I'm going to convert knowing to doing.

Goal III - consider your notice served. You have two weeks to get out of my life.

I was going to come and whinge about my weekend, because I've just been absolutely craving real food for the first time since my first few days. Very tempted by some lovely meatballs on Saturday night.

OK, I'm going on a Rod-style RAMPAGE this week. Weights coming out from under the bed, walking shoes ready to go, stairs at work and a brisk trot every lunchtime. Like the man says, you can have weight loss or you can have excuses. I know what needs to be done, and I'm going to convert knowing to doing.

Goal III - consider your notice served. You have two weeks to get out of my life.

Smiley I like your attitude! It must be tough because the novelty has worn off and we are now into the tedious bit. But I love that you have decided to smash it instead of feeling sorry for yourself. Can't wait to see that goal 3 turn green for you...and it will.

yeah just enjoy yourself, keep on shovelling it in, keep on chasing the same old tail, keep on losing the same three pounds a fortnight, keep on sitting on the sofa watching stuff that ain't real, keep on wishing you had willpower, keep on trashing your head, liver and kidneys at the weekend, keep on posting how weak you are and keep on reaping the sympathy from the rest of the interweb weaklings who have the same keep on issues as you....

thats what they are telling you on the other threads. this might sound hard

but here, the truth runs about naked

I constantly read very sympathetic replies to people who are struggling with their various weight loss travails

Empathy and the ability to nurture is the most wonderful trait a human being can have and it's definitely prevelant in all you lovely ladies

I dont have any. I'm just a plain, simple man.

I rarely see anyone post cold, hard truth. If it's there it's wrapped up in warm, cosy fluffiness

All I want to do is get six stone off. I am over halfway there. Then I want to keep it off.

So I would like to offer my services

Be warned....

I don't know how you feel
I don't care if you think are addicted to chocolate. You're not and you can't have it
I'm sorry but if you put all that into your mouth in one day, that's your fault
There's no need to eat more because you moved house - plan your life!
Your body isn't weak, your mind is
If you eat the kids leftovers and it's bad food, why are you giving that to your kids?
Exercise will not kill you

and I don't know a damn thing about "lady's week" so please don't ask...

if you want sympathy because you've only lost 0.5lb this month, look elsewhere.

because I can shave that off with a razor....

edit 18.7.12

THE COMMANDMENTS (I can't think of ten at the moment)

1 - Thou shalt have a goal date if you enter here
2 - Don't post and run you chickensh!t
3 - If you argue with me, prepare yourself to fail
4 - Anyone can dispense tough love, don't wait for me, I'm away fishing a lot
5 - You must rule your head. Only you can do this
6 - There is no tomorrow. Only what you do NOW and NEXT[/QU

Just found this thread & it's so true. Not just with weight loss but life in general I always feel better after I've got off my backside & done something about things from getting on with Housework to going for a run . It always feels much better especially when you see the results ( just need to tell myself more offten ) especially if I'm having a bad day !

Don't know what happened there :confused: with the original "Quote " !

Back