TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

5 mile run in the pissing rain...just saying...

Watch out target 3, Imacommingtagetya!

-1lb for me :) slowly slowly but in the right direction thinking the no snackin did help and i will be carrying on with that x

wll done on the loss fruit loop

Faery - you know better than this and you've made such good progress

I have struggled this past three weeks and now have my stuff firmly under control, so wavering is not unknown to any of us - but excuses are not acceptable and tough love is the way to go for everyones sanity

no bull approach, you know the score sister, you don't let a glitch beat you, own it, wrap it up and drive on....

I've not commented on snacking or the snack ban

I dont ever snack tbh? its the road to purgatory surely?

you tease yourselves with snacks??

what do "snacks" entail exactly so I know what to tick y'all off about? are we talking Lion bars and that sort of thing?

or is it worse than that?

(and thats bad enough!)

this is for those that struggled...

I was sticking to the plan, whatever my plan is, it doesn't have a name sorry guys

sensible man sized portions, steamed veg, massive salads, plenty of fruit and water and lashing of willpower 5 times a day with barely a hint of carb in sight

it's just SHAT off me, over 4 stone in 4 months

I am strong, fit and healthy. I have great willpower. I am a stunning bass angler!!! LOL

but this last month I wobbled like crazy....still good food, still no snacks, still no beer, still no nasties, but more than i needed at this weight to continue my planned loss of a steady 2lb per week on average

All I am saying is, it's easy to lose sight of what you are doing and a few wobbles in a row can be dangerous to your long term plan.

I lost 3lb in four weeks. Complacent? YEP

Am I honest enough to admit this complacency?

YEP

I dont have any answers and I never said I did but I did promise to kick your arses and I cannot do that from a position of weakness - which for me is not doing what I say or plan to do.

So this weekend I have buckled down, looked myself in the eye and made myself understand that I am not a 20st active man or an 18st active man or even a 16st active man.

I need less fuel. Its so simple.

I have sorted my portions and I will make a big drop. I know this. I can feel it again.

I dont have any science or herbs or miracles, I just have me and my willpower at the end of the day

I hope this post will help you to stave off the snacks/binges/wobbles/hormonal swats/complacency and anything else that delays or trips your progress to the new you

Review your stuff. Are you really on it? Really? I thought I was and wasted a month bellowing angrily at the sky, the dog and plenty of people who didn't deserve to hear the filthy wrath I bestowed upon myself.

review your stuff right now, this is important. re-doubel if you are working hard. check your plan. and make a plan for now that is relevant to how small (not how big!) you are now....

and then you will do it, I will make you do it, I will drag you screaming over that line and I pledge I will be strong until the end and then some

Last edited:
BonnieBooBear said:
Oh dear FL, peanut butter? Could you have found anything more fatty and calorific!?

You know as well as we all do, that if you pig out, your scales are going to say the same thing or worse next week. Do you want that?

No - you want them to show a nice big loss, possibly even some of the loss which would have shown this week if it wasn't for lady fun time. But they won't unless you do as you say and go for it 100% from now till your next WI.

Snacks attached to meals are still snacks! But it sounds like you know what you want to do. Bloated eurgh lady fun time etc etc...all an excuse. You know what you need to do, stop making the excuses and get on it lady!

(trying to dish out tough love. I feel so MEAN)

Don't feel mean, you are absolutely correct. I was a silly moment on the back of a heap of excuses. I hope it.won't affect anything majorly next.week though it would be my own fault if it did.

In regards to 'snacks' with meals, it is more fruit and yoghurt rather than Lion Bars I am talking about. That way its a component to your meal if you understand what I mean. I don't always but sometimes I need a little extra to up my calorie count to a suitable level. That was my meaning. And Science Boy himself said that was better for your body to metabolise food by eating everything as part of meals.

Snacking is something I really struggle with quitting. I am very in the habit of grazing and it is breaking a routine. I need to learn that hunger isn't a crisis.

And Rod, I think you are right about being complacent. First there was the crazy eating out and the gain last week and now I need to realise that not all of my choices, particularly snack wise, are as healthy as I have been kidding myself.

I am working hard to change it this week because I really think that it's the area slowing my losses.

I have sensible meals planned and exercise. Despite my still sore legs, I managed a run on my elliptical last night. I am off for a swim tonight and have more exercise planned. I am stopping the moping and am working hard. Getting my head back in the game and then everything else should fall in to.place

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

what do "snacks" entail exactly so I know what to tick y'all off about? are we talking Lion bars and that sort of thing?

(and thats bad enough!)

just nothing other than b/fast lunch and dinner :)

I was sticking to the plan, whatever my plan is, it doesn't have a name sorry guys

sensible man sized portions, steamed veg, massive salads, plenty of fruit and water and lashing of willpower 5 times a day with barely a hint of carb in sight

I am strong, fit and healthy. I have great willpower. I am a stunning bass angler!!! LOL

but this last month I wobbled like crazy....still good food, still no snacks, still no beer, still no nasties, but more than i needed at this weight to continue my planned loss of a steady 2lb per week on average

All I am saying is, it's easy to lose sight of what you are doing and a few wobbles in a row can be dangerous to your long term plan.

YEP

I dont have any answers and I never said I did but I did promise to kick your arses and I cannot do that from a position of weakness - which for me is not doing what I say or plan to do.

So this weekend I have buckled down, looked myself in the eye and made myself understand that I am not a 20st active man or an 18st active man or even a 16st active man.

I have sorted my portions and I will make a big drop. I know this. I can feel it again.

I dont have any science or herbs or miracles, I just have me and my willpower at the end of the day

I hope this post will help you to stave off the snacks/binges/wobbles/hormonal swats/complacency and anything else that delays or trips your progress to the new you

Review your stuff. Are you really on it? Really? I thought I was and wasted a month bellowing angrily at the sky, the dog and plenty of people who didn't deserve to hear the filthy wrath I bestowed upon myself.

review your stuff right now, this is important. re-doubel if you are working hard. check your plan. and make a plan for now that is relevant to how small (not how big!) you are now....

and then you will do it, I will make you do it, I will drag you screaming over that line and I pledge I will be strong until the end and then some

imgoing back to basics this week! checking and double checking my syns and healthy extras, i do kep count of my syns, but think im becoming complacent as in i think i know how many syns etc are in foods and guessing a lot! and as im usually under anyway, just thinking "it wont matter if im out a little" but i still have 24lb to loose so need to keep on top of it!!

Snacking is something I really struggle with quitting. I am very in the habit of grazing and it is breaking a routine. I need to learn that hunger isn't a crisis.

i substituted snacks for a glass of water! every time i felt "hungry" i had a big glass of water, and i figured if i was ACTUALLY hungry the feeling would still be there 1/2 hr after drinking my water, if not it was either me just confusinf thirst for hunger or me just wanting something in my belly for the sake of it and i honestly did not need anything other than my 3 meals by doing that!

I use to have the 3 meals and that was it.I now have......................

breakfast 8/9am,
snack 11am,
lunch 1pm,
snack 3pm,
dinner 6/7pm.
I now allow myself snacks as my meal sizes have been reduced.And I don't always keep to these times but that is my eating window.

We had to get a diff car so the other one had to be emptied of OH's rubbish.OH hasn't sorted the rubbish out so he left the scales here.
What I really wanted to tell you is 8st 9lb.:)

:D well done!! x

loolahoop said:
i substituted snacks for a glass of water! every time i felt "hungry" i had a big glass of water, and i figured if i was ACTUALLY hungry the feeling would still be there 1/2 hr after drinking my water, if not it was either me just confusinf thirst for hunger or me just wanting something in my belly for the sake of it and i honestly did not need anything other than my 3 meals by doing that!

This is exactly what I am doing. It's particularly tough at the moment as I am teaching special summer classes where they roll out snacks for the students and teachers twice a day so its harder than normal. I have said no and told them I am on diet but still! It's a real test of willpower when everyone else is eating!

Going through 2.5 litres of water a day though!

I use to have the 3 meals and that was it.I now have......................

breakfast 8/9am,
snack 11am,
lunch 1pm,
snack 3pm,
dinner 6/7pm.
I now allow myself snacks as my meal sizes have been reduced.And I don't always keep to these times but that is my eating window.

We had to get a diff car so the other one had to be emptied of OH's rubbish.OH hasn't sorted the rubbish out so he left the scales here.
What I really wanted to tell you is 8st 9lb.:)

wow, great work GF, but it should be in big numerals, not small ones!!!

Great loss GF, well done.

If I am totally honest, since I have been on this diet, I haven't had a single hunger pang. I am just not hungry - snacking imo is all in the mind and nothing to do with hunger.

5 mile run in the pissing rain...just saying...

Watch out target 3, Imacommingtagetya!

your the champion runner on this thread bonnie!! can i ask a bit of advice pleas? i wen jogging on friday, didnt go mad as im not used to it...followed the couch to 5k programme so did intervals of running and it was mostly fast walking, i p1ssed it no problems at all...but since then my shins hurt...reeeeally bad, i havent been able to go and even walking makes me feel exhausted cos the pain is so bad....its eased off finally today but surely 5 days of pain from one mild jog isnt right? is it my trainers? is it my technique? can you give me some pointers...i can buy trainers if needs be, the ones i have are new but pretty cheapo ones....i really enjoyed going and want to do it and keep up with it but cant be in pain like that every time

-1lb for me :) slowly slowly but in the right direction thinking the no snackin did help and i will be carrying on with that x

well done!

(and thats bad enough!)

when i snack, its done within my cal allowance so depending how many cals i have left ill have a snack accordingly, but it tends to be a measured and weighed bit of cheese...i love cheese. or ill have some fruit or a yogurt...but i dont like snacking and didnt do it yesterday so feeling really chuffed with myself today

YEP

good post (although im not happy you knock my herbs mister but ill let it slide as im in a good mood) well done you for getting back on it, accepting owning it and changing it...

i dont understand the thing that alot of people tend to do- and its mostly slimming world folk (sorry guys but i speak from experience) where the diet isnt working for them cos theyre not following it properly or theyre snacking alot on 'free' or 'superfree' foods and having massive portions of things but because its labelled as free or super free it takes the responsibility away from them when they gain or sts...but instead of adjusting the diet or trying something else they stick to it rigidly blaming their 'stupid bodies' for not shedding the fat...all those weeks they are sat around waiting filling their faces with free foods are wasted opportunities to change something or try something else and lose the weight. i have several friends like this and i have tried saying they dont owe sw any loyalty if its not working week after week then just try something else!!! its your life and your body so if something doesnt work week in week out, then its what your doing...so change it. dont plod on in the hope your body will magically shed the fat...it wont.

i have done ALOT of thinking the past few days.....rod hit the nail on the head with the complacant thing, i am getting complacant, im eating more than i was and snacking when i wasnt before, and im struggling to stop..i dont know why? but i need to change it, theres no point getting to the end of each day feeling like a failure. so im going to give the calorie cycling a go...450cals one day and then upto 2200 the next, it averages out over the week and i think the down days will just break my mind set of 'needing' to eat a set amount of calories to live. im going to do the first 2 weeks with meal replacement shakes on the down days....can anyone recommend any nice ones as i had slim fast before (the powder) and i threw it up, it was vile!!! the science behind it apparently is that by alternating days your body doesnt think your going into starvation and carries on shedding the fat...plus i want a boost of a decent weight loss to spur me on....we all do this to see the scales go down and when they dont its disheartening. although i knew i hadnt stuck to my plan fully a couple of weeks ago i was still gutted to see that 2 pound gain, really gutted. i dont want to gain ever again. it feels too awful. im ata wedding tomorrow so i will be on an up day, so today im on a down day to compensate for it. i dont plan on doing it long term, and once i can get through the down days with ease i will gradually level it out and do what i was doing before, but i cant carry on the way i am now....i was kind of doing this before but just not so severe.

the dodgy scales were showing 10.11 and 3/4 all week which is how i knew id gained roughly 2 pound but this morning they are showing 10.9 and 3/4 ???? either they are on a wobble again or ive managed to shed that 2 pound. im off to get weighed today to find out...i will report back!!!

Lou I wasn't knocking your herbs, I like herbs :D

oregano, basil and rosemary being my favourites!

think you are on a good road with the new regime, lets go sister....

conlou1 said:
I'm there with ya rod, I need this weight off now been messing about too long I won't accept anything less than success

Feeling much more motivated too. Had a perfect day with three meals and a swim. 2.5 litres of water gone as well. Going to make it a perfect rest of the week too and get those scales moving!

Back