TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

I have just made enquiries to join a cheap boot camp style exercise squad when I return from hols

I can dish it out

but can I take it?

I will post the results in a few weeks

i am determined this plateau will end and cannot see anything beyond some serious physical jerks doing the biz

anyone else doing anything like this at the mo?

What a brill idea!! Well done!

Well done to lizz also

On my fast day today. Less than 500 cals. I'm starting to actually enjoy these days more. Yesterday I felt out of control and scared that I'd put weight on, today only having 500 cals I feel in control and motivated. Strange

well done Lou, this experiment needs a few weeks to take a hold I would imagine, i am very interested to see how you get on

Clanger72 said:
All eyes are on Lou I'm interested to see how you get on as well :)

Ooh pressure lol. I have no idea how much I gained over the weekend. I was 10.11 a week ago but I reckon I easily put 3 pound on with all the food a d alcohol at the wedding. I'll weigh in on Friday but I'll not know how much I've exactly lost. My dodgy scales said I'd gone over 11 stone again yesterday :/

Rod the Bass said:
I have just made enquiries to join a cheap boot camp style exercise squad when I return from hols

I can dish it out

but can I take it?

i am determined this plateau will end and cannot see anything beyond some serious physical jerks doing the biz

I think this is a great idea....if your anything like me you'll be trying to run the class after a week haha.

I struggle with proper exercise. I find it tedious and boring I'm in search of something I can do for life as I don't want a quick
Fix, hence the new mission of running. Olympics was very inspiring and I'm sure I could find an exercise I could do for the love of it rather than the results it gives. Maybe hiking? I do love walking and I live in Yorkshire so there's plenty of places I could go. Food for thought.

WI tonight and dreading it again! as always!
i think i deffo do more lurking than posting, but thats coz i feel like i can take the TL but not dish it lol
i do sometimes reAD posts on minimins and FB about people havi9ng complete nights or weekends off then writing them off as being "flexi-synned" then complain they have gained or STSor even had a small loss which i feel like responding with "AARRGGHH what do you expect!? if we could all eat take aways and cake with gallons of booze and still loose none of us would be on here today! and just because u call it flexi-syn doesnt mean its not going to count!!! and thats not even what flexi-syns is!" lol but i just couldnt n usually just dont reply...im too soft lol obviously its different if u plan to have that kind of food etc and u expect to and accept a gain etc

I can dish it out

but can I take it?

gonna sound like an idiot again..but whats boot camp style exercise? is it a class? x

I can dish it out

but can I take it?

I do a boxing bootcamp once a week and I love it. I think LJ started boxing too but not sure if it is bootcamp style or just a boxing club? Its really hard work and the interesting thing is that each week its hard for a different reason - last week my legs could barely do the drills (knee's into pads and cardio), the week before my shoulder muscles couldn't handle the hooks as well as normal.

I know a lot of people who do 'British Miltary Fitness (BMF) and I have only heard good things about it. They have classes all over so I am sure you could find one near you - I'm not sure on prices though so you may be more worthwhile going with something smaller and more localised?!

Can't wait to hear what you sign up to :)

Ooh pressure lol. I have no idea how much I gained over the weekend. I was 10.11 a week ago but I reckon I easily put 3 pound on with all the food a d alcohol at the wedding. I'll weigh in on Friday but I'll not know how much I've exactly lost. My dodgy scales said I'd gone over 11 stone again yesterday :/

you need to replace your bleedin scales lou :)

gonna sound like an idiot again..but whats boot camp style exercise? is it a class? x

Yeah its bascially a no nonsense exercise class - they push you further/harder than you would push yourself on a run for example.

Look at it this way, I want to exercise.....I know its good for me and it makes me feel good too. I am also pretty lazy and instead of going for a run or a swim, I prefer to watch tv after a hard days work. If I do venture out for a run.....I jog first, then walk, then a little run, then a 10 min walk to catch my breath and so on. You end up doing more walking then running!

At bootcamp they would make your running phases longer and faster. It's like having a personal trainer with you but on a group basis. So your runs would be say 8 mins followed by 2 mins walk (instead of the other way round). My boxing club is basically:
1. warm up (lots of jogging and stretching)
2. drills - i.e. 100 jabs with right arm then run round the field, followed by 75 jabs with right arm (YEP THE SAME ARM) and a run round the foeld, THEN 50 jabs WITH THE RIGHT ARM and 10 sprints between cones.
3. repeat of this for left arm
4. knee's into pads - 10 knees followed by 5 squat jumps (repeat 10 times)
5. warm down (again lots of jogging and stretching - we also do press ups, the plank (argh!!), crawl through all the mud on hands and feet etc

Its tough but SUCH a good work out and actually quite fun as the instructor is a young guy and doesnt shout at us - he pushes us just by saying 'come on - a l ittle harder/faster' etc

Some boot camps (Like BMF as I explained to Rod) apply a more 'shouty and pushy military appraoch). Mine is more encouraging rather than shouting which is why i like it :)

Yeah its bascially a no nonsense exercise class - they push you further/harder than you would push yourself on a run for example.

Look at it this way, I want to exercise.....I know its good for me and it makes me feel good too. I am also pretty lazy and instead of going for a run or a swim, I prefer to watch tv after a hard days work. If I do venture out for a run.....I jog first, then walk, then a little run, then a 10 min walk to catch my breath and so on. You end up doing more walking then running!

At bootcamp they would make your running phases longer and faster. It's like having a personal trainer with you but on a group basis. So your runs would be say 8 mins followed by 2 mins walk (instead of the other way round). My boxing club is basically:
1. warm up (lots of jogging and stretching)
2. drills - i.e. 100 jabs with right arm then run round the field, followed by 75 jabs with right arm (YEP THE SAME ARM) and a run round the foeld, THEN 50 jabs WITH THE RIGHT ARM and 10 sprints between cones.
3. repeat of this for left arm
4. knee's into pads - 10 knees followed by 5 squat jumps (repeat 10 times)
5. warm down (again lots of jogging and stretching - we also do press ups, the plank (argh!!), crawl through all the mud on hands and feet etc

Its tough but SUCH a good work out and actually quite fun as the instructor is a young guy and doesnt shout at us - he pushes us just by saying 'come on - a l ittle harder/faster' etc

Some boot camps (Like BMF as I explained to Rod) apply a more 'shouty and pushy military appraoch). Mine is more encouraging rather than shouting which is why i like it :)

wow that sounds like bloody hard work!! lol i can just about manage the 30 day shred! lol

I used to do all the drills and stuff at taekwondo, but being part of a class is extra motivational I hope

Its so hard to push yourself and thats what it will take for me to shed these last 25lbs I think

I want it so much, this plateau is really p!ssing me off TBH, I cant reduce the portions any more and 1lb a week, if it's regularly coming off, will be fine.

here's where I start paying....in sweat!!

But first...a holiday, LOL!!!!

Thanks everyone for your support. I agree with lulahoop that I sometimes feel that I could take the tough love but couldn't dish it out, like most people I'm naturally sympathetic so someone using life crisis excuses as to why they are over eating actually just makes me think 'aw poor you it's totally understandable with all you have going on' rather than what I feel like with myself after lurking on here for so long......'get a bloody grip woman, what problem will eating that burger solve?!'

I have been really enjoying my new way of eating, and although I have been to watch the Olympics and ate a bit to much and been to a friends wedding and drank a bit to much, I feel like even for a healthy weight person this is normal every so often, so I didn't feel that I needed any tough love because I was back on track the next day and I have lost weight every week. It's what we strive for isn't it? Normality?

The bottom line is, all of you who post and give out a bit of TL every now and then, or more often :) give lurkers like me real motivation.

I will try and post a bit more to give something back from now on :) xxx

stick at it lou - im sure it will take your body a while to show the benefits of it. im sure you will have a loss in the next few days.

I have just tried scan bran for the first time - did you eat this when you did SW?

sparty said:
stick at it lou - im sure it will take your body a while to show the benefits of it. im sure you will have a loss in the next few days.

I have just tried scan bran for the first time - did you eat this when you did SW?

Yeah I wasn't a fan. I used to blitz it in the food processor and add it to mince and egg and make burgers and meatballs. Was ok like that

Thanks everyone for your support. I agree with lulahoop that I sometimes feel that I could take the tough love but couldn't dish it out, like most people I'm naturally sympathetic so someone using life crisis excuses as to why they are over eating actually just makes me think 'aw poor you it's totally understandable with all you have going on' rather than what I feel like with myself after lurking on here for so long......'get a bloody grip woman, what problem will eating that burger solve?!'

I have been really enjoying my new way of eating, and although I have been to watch the Olympics and ate a bit to much and been to a friends wedding and drank a bit to much, I feel like even for a healthy weight person this is normal every so often, so I didn't feel that I needed any tough love because I was back on track the next day and I have lost weight every week. It's what we strive for isn't it? Normality?

The bottom line is, all of you who post and give out a bit of TL every now and then, or more often :) give lurkers like me real motivation.

I will try and post a bit more to give something back from now on :) xxx

Lurkers are fine if you take something from it, thats what its for. But you need to be able to dish it out too, me and Lou don't have any issues with it - and at the mo, we're both stuck in motivation and plateau hell!!

But the results are there and we've walked the walk and we will finish this!

It is nice to see that the common sense approach seems to work for you - using life excuses to stuff burgers in doesn't wash really does it?

Why not use a life excuse to walk an extra mile or hit the bag harder????

its all about trying to see the opportunity in everything and not make excuses for yourself - and even worse, for others!

hope the rest of the journey is good for you, keep posting and don't be afraid the sting the TL regulars, thats why they are here!

they'll sting YOU don't worry!

Back