TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

whats that?

I am gonna have to get a girl/english dictionary

you lot have sayings for everything?

translate?

its where your jeans are too tight and they cut into you leaving a roll that spills over the top, that looks like a muffin when it spills over the case :D pleasant thing to have...ive been sporting a bit of that today as i tumble dried my skinny skinny jeans and they are super tight now lol

Lurkers are fine if you take something from it, thats what its for. But you need to be able to dish it out too, me and Lou don't have any issues with it - and at the mo, we're both stuck in motivation and plateau hell!!

But the results are there and we've walked the walk and we will finish this!

It is nice to see that the common sense approach seems to work for you - using life excuses to stuff burgers in doesn't wash really does it?

Why not use a life excuse to walk an extra mile or hit the bag harder????

its all about trying to see the opportunity in everything and not make excuses for yourself - and even worse, for others!

hope the rest of the journey is good for you, keep posting and don't be afraid the sting the TL regulars, thats why they are here!

they'll sting YOU don't worry!

motivation and plateau hell...love it, maybe it can be called purgatory? were not being bad but were not doing good either :D

Just as a bit of perspective this is what the last 3 months of my journey has looked like. I do love graphs and charts :D

image-413449658.jpg

Just as a bit of perspective this is what the last 3 months of my journey has looked like. I do love graphs and charts :D

View attachment 60091

wow, early June to early July you were on fire

get back to that regime Lou!

purgatory is right, I wouldnt stress as much if I was cheating, but I'm not.

My body has "failed to launch" this past three-four weeks

Only serious exercise can kickstart me, I know this

I cannot take less food on board. Or rather I won't......

Lizz you are right - we are all striving to get to a place where if we eat a pizza (drink a few glasses of wine, eat a celebratory box of chocs) we won't spiral into months of biccie chomping. We just work it off over the following few days to maintain. We act like normal people who don't have weight issues do.

I personally have been striving to be normal for years - and not just in this sense ;) lol

Ugh I HATE muffin top - its my all time worst feeling (on par with my stinking double chin that always appears as my first sign of weight gain!!) god even thinking about it makes my skin crawl. Lol @ lou's skinny jeans. (but HELLO - you are wearing skinny jeans!!!! Yay!!!)

conlou1 said:
Yeah I wasn't a fan. I used to blitz it in the food processor and add it to mince and egg and make burgers and meatballs. Was ok like that

I'm having mixed thoughts - I had 5 dunked in soup today and it was a bit dry. Not too bad but think I will try topping with light Philly next time.

I also made some 'ferrero rocher' type treats with it blitzed in the blender and mixed with choc spread (you are meant to use nutella but I'm allergic) and chilled them. They are really yummy. I'm hoping it helps with my last 3 lb - its meant to help weight loss so I have read!!??

I personally have been striving to be normal for years - and not just in this sense ;) lol

why bother?

what is normal? Someone elses perception? screw that

you laugh at me cos I'm different?

I laugh at you..cos you're all the SAME.....

use that one Sparty, it's a good 'un sister

wow, early June to early July you were on fire

get back to that regime Lou!

purgatory is right, I wouldnt stress as much if I was cheating, but I'm not.

My body has "failed to launch" this past three-four weeks

Only serious exercise can kickstart me, I know this

I cannot take less food on board. Or rather I won't......

yeah i really was wasnt i...i was doing 1200 calsmost days then having 2000+ on a weekend...which is basically what im doing now except in a different way...im having 500 cals one day and 2000 the next...so it averages at around the same amount of cals i was having weekly then, but im not bored as i know on my 500 days that the next day i can eat more and it keeps me going, and i felt so guilty eating rubbish last night that i will be making my 2000 days more healthy. i think that i just needed to switch it..in june (well the end of may) i switched from titting about on sw and ww to cc...i loved it, i read my book and found motivation in doing something completely different. but i started finding that as id lost another stone having 1200 in the week and 2000-2800 on a weekend was too much and i had a few sts and gains....i just couldnt cut back any more on the 1200 so i decided to cut the weekends down, but then with all the birthdays and meals out and hen do, wedding etc i just knew it was unrealistic for me...i couldnt sustain it, i was getting obsessed...what i was eating ruled my every waking moment and even though i wasnt cheating the fact that i was thinking about what i was allowed to eat and not allowed to eat was making me feel like id cheated.

ive been still tracking every food that goes in my mouth even at the wedding i went to, even at the hen do...and i have been over on those occasions but i have reined it in the next day which is why im so up and down this last month, but more or less sts...i needed to find something new to try...i tried exercise in the form of my dvd but as you all know im awaiting a scan to see if i have a hernia so that was put on hold, ive been walking more but its not really helped, so i started considering doing a vlcd of shakes, but i really didnt want to do that as its something that i KNOW will make me miserable, but there had to be a better way surely? then someone mentioned fasting....ill admit i poo-poo'd it at first thinking how ridiculous....but on watching the programme and since doing some reseach on it i do feel this is a good solution for me...im dubious and worried and am really sticking to it cos its new, so well see what the results are.but all i do know is i certainly ate enough to give a 3 pound gain and today (after doing it since sunday and after having a LOT of cals last night) im only a pound up...to me it looks promising. i hope this next month is as successful as june-july......i would almost be at target then.

i KNOW i can do this and its all in my head, my head has been in it but i just lost my way on occasions and im a social person, i love going out, i love having a drink, i love dancing and chatting with my friends and i dont want to give that up...i would be miserable....i needed to find a way around it. and i guess this is the thing that anyone who is struggling has to think about...what is important to you....we all eat cos we love food, but this isnt normally the reason why we go off our diets or plans (yes theres the times we comfort eat but thats just sheer weakness and stupidity and something entirely different),i find its normally because we have been to a social function or a holiday and its sent us off course because our need to enjoy ourself surpasses our need to lose weight...and so it should...but if you can find a way to overcome this obstacle and get around it...perhaps by careful planning or fasting or really cutting back for a few days after a splurge then youll do it, just as i will. i want it all..i want to have my cake (well, alcohol) and still lose weight...and i will, i just have to get to grips with not spiralling or 'getting back on it' and carrying on as if its never happened...i need to make allowances if ive had too much and make up for it. even though ive been in purgatory for the last month ive still been here and wanting to do this i just needed to find a way around my own needs and not end up making myself so miserable because i felt i couldnt enjoy myself.

so there you have it a bit long winded but thats where ive been at...not cheating just not really doing it properly...not being committed. but i am now i know i dont need food...i have survuved a few 500cal days and felt good for it, SO im back...and all you slackers better watch out, im a comin to get ya!!! :D lol

:whip:

I'm having mixed thoughts - I had 5 dunked in soup today and it was a bit dry. Not too bad but think I will try topping with light Philly next time.

I also made some 'ferrero rocher' type treats with it blitzed in the blender and mixed with choc spread (you are meant to use nutella but I'm allergic) and chilled them. They are really yummy. I'm hoping it helps with my last 3 lb - its meant to help weight loss so I have read!!??

tbh i never bothered with all the low syn puds and replacement things as i just thought it seemed like a pretty desperate way to eat all the things you really want and they dont leave you anymore satisfied and you prob just end up eating twice as much....be careful as if you enter this snacking world because its 'free' or 'low syn' youll stop losing...trust me ive done sw a LONG time....if you have a pud have it alongside your meal, have a smaller portion of your meal and pud to compensate...try not to snack at all if you can, its unecessary food that you really dont need.

just looked at the dates...it all went a bit tits up around the 9th july..my birthday was the 10th and my anniversary the 8th...just shows how one social thing can send you off course!

Lou you are a nightmare when you gain - I am putting you back in the chat thread

DO NOT let me down

I messed about with my camera earlier and in preparation for two weeks without Rod the Bass (no I am not logging on in Greece!) here are the posts I would make

THE TOUGH LOVE WHEN YOU'VE BEEN NAUGHTY!

Me017.jpg

THE STS

Me015.jpg

THE DROP

Me013.jpg

conlou1 said:
tbh i never bothered with all the low syn puds and replacement things as i just thought it seemed like a pretty desperate way to eat all the things you really want and they dont leave you anymore satisfied and you prob just end up eating twice as much....be careful as if you enter this snacking world because its 'free' or 'low syn' youll stop losing...trust me ive done sw a LONG time....if you have a pud have it alongside your meal, have a smaller portion of your meal and pud to compensate...try not to snack at all if you can, its unecessary food that you really dont need.

Thanks for this advice Lou. I have never bothered with the puddings before either really - I tried a choc pud once and it was vile. I'm not a pudding person anyway - my vice was always choc and biccies (and sweets and crisps lol) but I want to include scan bran in my diet for the next few weeks as it is supposed to help weight loss as it helps (ahem) clear your system out. This is a nice way of doing it - I'm going to try different ways of including it but this was my first idea.

I have not been snacking since we made our pact and will continue to follow this. Last night was the first exception as I tried these ferrero's (but I only had 2 and within my syns) I like the idea of having one or two as pudding but will make sure I don't start snacking or having too much after my dinner. I'm not planning to save syns for them or anything and although they are low syn - I know they aren't as good for me as an apple! And if I end up having more than about 5, I may as well have a mini choc bar anyway and syn that! I will keep this firmly in mind.

As it goes I am still completely full up after my lunch so will be having a small dinner anyway.

OK regulars

Sparty
Lou
Smiley
Clanger
Emma
Faery
SlimmerSal
Loolafrootloop
Sue
GF
Bonnie

your mission is to flush some lurkers out into the open

I know they are there and they are scared. And they are right to be scared. No-one wants to be shot do they!!!! ?

where's bleddy Lisa jade got to? Some slack-jawed excuse about a honeymoon no doubt...

herd some new blood (read victims!) into the thread ladies and Smiley, do any of you subscribe to other threads?

I feel a new mission coming on and I got two days to do it....

Last edited:
Back