TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

there you go

we shook a lurker or two out

when you administer tough love, especially for fluffynan and time2go, this will make you keep your own minds right

everyone wins and you have a two week project to all make a difference while I'm away

see?

it all makes sense

Hi time2go (or should that be time to think about maybe losing some weight if I can make up my mind which plan to follow!!)

Come on - you have done AMAZINGLY well so far and it would be a waste to give up!

Think about your goals. I'm giving you til Thursday evening (fluffy has til tomorrow so consider yourself lucky) to come up with a date to aim for and a target. We all have targets on here whether we wanted to or not!

Then think about plans you have already tried....anything you liked at all or all a load of guff?? Try something new then!! We have a range on here - some are SW (like me) some paleo, some calorie count and some are on vlcd. The chief just eats sensibly and spends his time chasing fish (all will become clear in time). Have a think but until you decide we want to see lots of fruit, veg, salad, lean meats etc. no crap at all!!

Fluffy this is for you too.....read the first post by rod. Then read it again! Lou also has a great post which will help you as well (lou can I repost the link?)

We will help you along the way. But be prepared if you waver......we will also kick u up the bum!!

course you can you dont need to ask...its also in my ticker :)

there you go

we shook a lurker or two out

when you administer tough love, especially for fluffynan and time2go, this will make you keep your own minds right

everyone wins and you have a two week project to all make a difference while I'm away

see?

it all makes sense

you know when you come back off hol? ill be a good 5 pound lighter..and ill be poised ready to kick your butt...should you need it of course.....mwahahahahaha....ive set myself a task and a half there havent i...i best stop eating haha

well done took on the chin like a trooper :D i know youll do it, i have trust in ya ;) and ill be accountable to you too...im going for a jog on thursday...make sure i do or you can kick my butt ;) oh and call me lou, all my friends do haha. as for quote if your on the laptop or computer at the bottom of each post theres a reply with quote, click on that and all the post will pop into the box where you reply...it has the word quote at the beginning and end and this is what puts it in a lovely quote box...be careful when typing not to delete or type within this or it messes it up...make sure your cursor is after the quote thats in [ ] these and press enter to keep you text away from it.....theres also a little speech bubble at the bottom of each post...this is multi quote if you want to quote more than one person...i fond this handy when theres a few things i want to reply to as you can click on as many as you like and then just hit the 'reply to thread' right at the bottom and theyll all appear in the box at the bottom....hope that helps :)

Thanks for that Lou, hope I got it right - have hunted out cossy and am now working on target and date. Will update both tomorrow but now off to bed.
Sue

before after.JPGdress crop.jpg

There you go Lou. Hopefully my avatar has changed too.

View attachment 60178View attachment 60179

There you go Lou. Hopefully my avatar has changed too.

wow!!! what a difference, were the same height..its actually really inspiring to see how trim you are at that weight cos its more or less what im aiming for...im aiming a little less but tbh if i hit a size 10 before 9.7 ill stop...the size is the goal not the weight

wow!!! what a difference, were the same height..its actually really inspiring to see how trim you are at that weight cos its more or less what im aiming for...im aiming a little less but tbh if i hit a size 10 before 9.7 ill stop...the size is the goal not the weight

I think that seeing your own weight loss is one of the most difficult things to do. I have just looked at your pics Lou and you look amazing. It's easy to look at other people's before and after pics and see the difference, but not so easy to see the changes in ourselves. I don't know why that is.

Keep at the running (hopefully the shin splints have eased) and I do whatever weight work you can (did you find out what was causing that pain?). You're almost there and the running and weights will really help with toning and losing the last few pounds.

I messed about with my camera earlier and in preparation for two weeks without Rod the Bass (no I am not logging on in Greece!) here are the posts I would make

THE TOUGH LOVE WHEN YOU'VE BEEN NAUGHTY!

Me017.jpg

THE STS

Me015.jpg

THE DROP

Me013.jpg

This is hilarious! :D

OK regulars

Sparty
Lou
Smiley
Clanger
Emma
SlimmerSal
Loolafrootloop
Sue
GF
Bonnie

your mission is to flush some lurkers out into the open

I know they are there and they are scared. And they are right to be scared. No-one wants to be shot do they!!!! ?

where's bleddy Lisa jade got to? Some slack-jawed excuse about a honeymoon no doubt...

herd some new blood (read victims!) into the thread ladies and Smiley, do any of you subscribe to other threads?

I feel a new mission coming on and I got two days to do it....

I'm not a regular? T_T (Asian Crying Face FYI). I suppose that's what I get for being busy with work :p I do read everything even if I don't comment every day. ;) I'm definitely not a lurker though!

WI tonight and 1.5lb off which puts me 0.5lb below target. It was our SW group Woman of the Year final and here is a pic of me:

View attachment 60147
I was a contender but I did as well as the Australian Olympians!

I'm spending the next week on a canal boat with husband, friends and four dogs. I plan to operate all of the locks (we'll be doing 22 in one hit!) and run 5 miles every day.

Look AMAZING Sally! Fantastic work and VERY inspirational!

Welcome time2go.

Have walked - should have run - from the lounge! Have been for a walk along our local river, while hubby sat with fishing rod waiting for me - he didn't catch. I walked for an hour, although I didn't realise it was that long as I didn't have watch or phone with me. Took my water and made sure I wore sensible shoes - didn't last time and did I know it. Certain exercises I can't do as I have arthritis of the spine - low back and it plays up occassionaly -sp?. Walking however is fine most of the time.
Have still to sort out target and target date if I don't want boss man pointing his finger at me!
Sue

Welcome to Tough Love Sue! Hope this approach works for you. It's all about being honest about what you can do and doing your best really. And being honest with yourself. We all have wobbles but it's how we deal with them that matters the most. :)

Hi, I'm Allison. I have so far lost 8 stone between, a vlcd exercise and a bit of good luck. I'm currently doing adf, started a while ago but couldn't get into it. Kinda got what I called "diet fatigue" but really I just lost my way. Trying to find it again. Always looking for the diet "answer". So yeah, tough love here!

Exercise is going well, used c25k running app to get me started. I'm now able to run 6.5 miles and I only started 12weeks ago.

Plan? I don't know right now! I've lost it. I wanna get to 11stone, I think! By Christmas, ok that's unlikely now. As close to as I can!

I know you from the C25K thread! How are you getting along with that? I finished doing it inside on my elliptical/X-trainer and I'm waiting for my new running shoes to arrive so I can head outside!

You can definitely lose that weight by Christmas, it's all about determination. Set yourself a goal and you'll definitely achieve it with us lot on your back! :D

hold on to ya hat, and i hope that you are not a dummy spitter ;)

right firstly nicetys out of the way...8 stone? WOW. well done. and running 6.5 miles...double wow. well done.
now onto business....diet fatigue? thats a good one....i might steal that haha...seriously though, youve gotten complacant, youve probably lost enough weight that you dont feel fat anymore and now dont feel like you 'need' to lose anymore, losing 8 stone is amazing but if you need/want to lose more you need to remind yourself why your doing this....you dont know what your target is...tough...set one, have a think, whats a reasonable weight for your height? aim for the higher end of your healthy bmi then if you want to lower it when you get there thats cool, but not having any goal leaves you in the place where you dont feel you HAVE to lose anymore weight as your not failing at anything and your not not reaching your goal either...complacency recipe right there.

as for you wont be able to lose that couple of stone by DECEMBER ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? and yes im using shouty caps, cos im shouting!!!! your defeatist...why wont you? thats 2 stone in 4 months, half a stone a month......a couple of pound a week...totally do-able if you work hard and set your mind to it, if 2 stone is too much then aim for a stone...a pound a week.....you should be able to do that without batting an eyelid after losing 8 stone...no more excuses, if you want to stop losing anymore weight thats totally cool...no one will tell you what to set your goal at, thats personal and upto you...but you must set one...even if its only to lose 7 pounds, if you dont have a goal to aim for then really whats the point? im doing alternate day fasting after getting complacant on cc...i lost roughly a stone in about 6 or 7 weeks a month or so back whilst cc but i lost my steam with it...so i changed it, now im psyched about this new plan and i know ill lose this last stone and a half on it, cos i want to...for ME. so...what do you want? youve come here for a reason and i dont think its to maintain your weight...where do you struggle, whats your triggers....work it all out and find a way round it...weight loss is all in your head and remember its ONLY FOOD, eat to live, dont live to eat and that thin person will find their way out

p.s. no one loses weight out of luck, its science...less cals in than burnt off=weight loss

ok the health thing, im no doctor, but i do know that LIGHT exercise can help the symptoms of arthiritis..im not saying get out there and start signing up for marathons but swimming, yoga? or your daily exercises that you said you did to help your arthiritis are a good place to start. you are saying you 'think' you may arrange a tour...theres you get out clause...dont thikn, do, and before youve had time to think about it your there and you havent been able to make excuses.....light exercise wont hurt you, you can only do what you can, but you can do something and forgive me if im wrong but you must want to do something or you wouldnt be mentioning it.....weight loss and exercise will improve your symptoms will it not? if you cant find the will power to do it for your weight loss goals then do it for your health and focus on getting an improvement in the pain stakes....hey if i can go for a walk/jog with a suspected hernia, shin splints and a dodgy hip im sure you can have a light swim twice a week ;) make a commitment to us that you will find an exercise that you can do, and that your doctor advises you is safe to do and well make sure you follow it through..and i promise youll feel amazin for it

And this, Ladies and Gents, is why Lou is Queen of Tough Love.

(And she's totally right of course!)

well...i lost 1.5lb :) am pleased with that! and...look at my BMI! :O so close to "healthy"

well i know its only a small loss, and in all honesty i cant see me loosing 15lb by 1st oct, but im still gonna bloody damn try! and i have no idea why but i have some mega PMA going on today and i am determined this week to get 2lb off!! i want to be in 10s! and a BMI of under 25! AND my 2.5st award!!

so am gonna get my bum on my bike every night...need some TL for this! please remind me that my cheating,pathetic excuse for a husband is not worth all of my time and i am worth some me time, which will get me fit and slim and looking good in a dress...dont know why i want to wear a dress, i never wear dresses! lol probs coz i always looked too fat hahaha but anyway...yeh some serious butt kicking for me please if i do not get some bloody exercise done!!

and slimmersally...wow!!!! that is amazing, u look amazing!! i think u may be my thinspiration!! :) X

Well done GF! And loolahoop :) that's what we like to see!!

Can I just say - I NEVER weigh between WI's but for some unknown reason I did this morning........

2lb off?? What?? How did that happen?

Can I really be 1lb to goal? I'm not changing my stats as it wasn't an official WI but I truly hope it stays til friday!!

Good morning all. Sparty, Loolahoop and GF congrats to all of you. It is a lovely feeling isn't it when your efforts are so well rewarded. Hope I can emulate you all.

Right - cossy - doesn't fit - if I wore that in the pool I would be separated from it at the first attempt to do front crawl - so - got to find new cossy.

Have worked on target and date - allowing for 2lb loss each week - will update stats in mo. but they are as follows - to be 10.0st by 22.11.12
now this is only an interim target cos I need to feel that I can also maintain at a lower level. So I intend to get to 10.00st and maintain for a few weeks and then set new target. This really is not a cop out - it is how I think that I will be able to carry on when I eventually reach my ultimate target. When I did WW years ago I got to 8.12 and lived on 18 points - sorry boys - I increased my exercise but still gradually put the weight back - I don't want that happening again so I need to be prepared to mix things up a bit. Sticking to the one plan doesn't always seem to work so I am prepared to mix and match as necessary and with help and TL from all of you.
Sue

FLyou certainly ARE a regar, sure it was just an over sight ;) thanks for calling me a queen.....can I have a crown when I hit target?

Loolahoop- well
Done on the loss!! Pleased your motivated again. Keep it up I have my
Head on and am ready to dish it out ;)

Well no pain in my shins today, woo!! The dodgy scales are showing just under 10.11 they were showing 11 1/4 at start of the week..... I need Fridays weigh in to hurry up!!!

I'm having a bit of a refresh as to where we all are, what we are all doing and who is creeping up on target.

Time2go - what is the Judd diet? I have never heard of this before!

Faery, Catloversue, and Emma - you are all under 1st left to go! Lets have a real push to get there over the next few weeks (myself included).

GF - your stats are a bit strange!! Is your goal weight still 9st 7lb? (Are you trying to put weight ON?) or does it need updating now that you are a slim 8st 8lb? ;)

sparty said:
I'm having a bit of a refresh as to where we all are, what we are all doing and who is creeping up on target.

Faery, Catloversue, and Emma - you are all under 1st left to go! Lets have a real push to get there over the next few weeks (myself included).

GF - your stats are a bit strange!! Is your goal weight still 9st 7lb? (Are you trying to put weight ON?) or does it need updating now that you are a slim 8st 8lb? ;)

I'm doing juddd too, it's the alternate day diet, where you have roughly 500 cals one day and 2000 the next. The low cal days are down days or DD and up days are UD.

I'm on it Sparty! Just done my kettlebells and am sweating like a pig as its so muggy here. Going to have a massive salad for lunch - cannot believe how much I look forward to huge plates of salad nowadays! :) I'm so impatient to get to goal now as I feel that's the end of a very long and unhappy chapter in my life and I'm ready to start a new one of "Operation Buffer"! :)

WI tonight and 1.5lb off which puts me 0.5lb below target. It was our SW group Woman of the Year final and here is a pic of me:

View attachment 60147
I was a contender but I did as well as the Australian Olympians!

I'm spending the next week on a canal boat with husband, friends and four dogs. I plan to operate all of the locks (we'll be doing 22 in one hit!) and run 5 miles every day.

Sally you look fantastic! Like a proper thin person! Well done you. If i had a figure like yours I would be over the moon. And what a cute doggy!

sparty said:

Ive got just over 1 stone to go will update my stats after wi tomoz. Dont change them wen i go to a late wi coz it always shows a gain so i just go off the early ones :)

Well done GF! And loolahoop :) that's what we like to see!!

Can I just say - I NEVER weigh between WI's but for some unknown reason I did this morning........

2lb off?? What?? How did that happen?

Can I really be 1lb to goal? I'm not changing my stats as it wasn't an official WI but I truly hope it stays til friday!!

Glad to hear things are finally moving for you Sparty! It is about time all your hard work is rewarded.

Back