TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Emma do you go to 2 clubs then? Work hours I assume are the reason for this???

Thanks Bonnie - I am not counting my chickens as its not offical WI but it was a bit of a surprise this morning. I def had a skip in my step this morning - oooohhhhhh maybe that burned some more cals!! lol

sparty said:
Emma do you go to 2 clubs then? Work hours I assume are the reason for this???

Thanks Bonnie - I am not counting my chickens as its not offical WI but it was a bit of a surprise this morning. I def had a skip in my step this morning - oooohhhhhh maybe that burned some more cals!! lol

Its the same club my consultant does 4 classes on a thursday!! She must rake in the money lol yeah its coz i work shifts and tbh going on a late wi really gets me down coz even wen ive stuck to plan i can hav a gain :( ive even suggested to my c that i only go everyother week but she sed that she thinks its a bad idea! Think after my 6 week countdown im gunna just do it from home at least then i can weigh in a morning every week :)

Fluffy and t2g - read this http://www.minimins.com/bring-your-...will-follow/281858-weight-loss-your-head.html

Emma - if you only want to go once every fortnight then do it! Your counsellor should support you - you could always WI at home on alternate weeks so you keep on track. Try talking to her again and say that this way is not keeping you motivated and you think that its hindering your losses. You could suggest keeping a note of your home WI's for her to check over? (Do you keep a book or something when you go to class??) If she thinks its a bad idea then ask her to explain why if you are still going to weigh every week - there may be some bizarre explanation (or maybe she just wants your fee? cynical I know but i cant see her logic). Failing that you could always try doing it at home - thats what i do....i have never been to a class. you can always return to class if that way doesnt work.

sparty said:
Fluffy and t2g - read this http://www.minimins.com/bring-your-head-inside-your-body-will-follow/281858-weight-loss-your-head.html

Emma - if you only want to go once every fortnight then do it! Your counsellor should support you - you could always WI at home on alternate weeks so you keep on track. Try talking to her again and say that this way is not keeping you motivated and you think that its hindering your losses. You could suggest keeping a note of your home WI's for her to check over? (Do you keep a book or something when you go to class??) If she thinks its a bad idea then ask her to explain why if you are still going to weigh every week - there may be some bizarre explanation (or maybe she just wants your fee? cynical I know but i cant see her logic). Failing that you could always try doing it at home - thats what i do....i have never been to a class. you can always return to class if that way doesnt work.

She wud still get the fee coz even if u dont go u hav to pay! She sed she thinks coz i know i hav 2 week till wi i will not b on plan coz i will think ahh ive got so many days to wi it will b ok. Defo thinkin ov doin it at home

i can see her point there - but you will still be weighing in every week - just not in front of her! yea there is the old thing of every set of scales being different (lou is testament to this) but i think this would be a good compromise.

does she know you are a minimins member? tell her about the TL you get which helps keep you on track - you might even be able to drum up some new recruits from your group.

Good morning all. Sparty, Loolahoop and GF congrats to all of you. It is a lovely feeling isn't it when your efforts are so well rewarded. Hope I can emulate you all.

Right - cossy - doesn't fit - if I wore that in the pool I would be separated from it at the first attempt to do front crawl - so - got to find new cossy.

Have worked on target and date - allowing for 2lb loss each week - will update stats in mo. but they are as follows - to be 10.0st by 22.11.12
now this is only an interim target cos I need to feel that I can also maintain at a lower level. So I intend to get to 10.00st and maintain for a few weeks and then set new target. This really is not a cop out - it is how I think that I will be able to carry on when I eventually reach my ultimate target. When I did WW years ago I got to 8.12 and lived on 18 points - sorry boys - I increased my exercise but still gradually put the weight back - I don't want that happening again so I need to be prepared to mix things up a bit. Sticking to the one plan doesn't always seem to work so I am prepared to mix and match as necessary and with help and TL from all of you.
Sue

As long as you have a target, it doesn't matter how you get there as long as it works for you. I personally don't have an overall target yet- I am taking it half a stone at a time but I am generally looking towards 11st 7lbs and then counting measurements rather than the scales from there. Little targets really motivate me and help me keep focused on how far I've come rather than how far I've got to go!

FLyou certainly ARE a regar, sure it was just an over sight ;) thanks for calling me a queen.....can I have a crown when I hit target?

Loolahoop- well
Done on the loss!! Pleased your motivated again. Keep it up I have my
Head on and am ready to dish it out ;)

Well no pain in my shins today, woo!! The dodgy scales are showing just under 10.11 they were showing 11 1/4 at start of the week..... I need Fridays weigh in to hurry up!!!

Haha, I'll see if I can't get some cute Korean kiddies to make you a gorgeous crown! They made wizard's hats this week :D

I'm having a bit of a refresh as to where we all are, what we are all doing and who is creeping up on target.

Faery, Catloversue, and Emma - you are all under 1st left to go! Lets have a real push to get there over the next few weeks (myself included).

That's just my next little target rather than my overall. I'm starting to think about how far I want to get overall though. :D

Fluffy and t2g - read this http://www.minimins.com/bring-your-...will-follow/281858-weight-loss-your-head.html

I agree. I can see the logic about not sticking to plan but I think weighing by yourself would keep you more motivated and you know if you feel like slipping up, that you have all of us to keep you on track!

Just got back from my swim. I am alternating Low GI and Low Carb days this week since I had a big meal out on Monday. I went a touch over but I know that being sensible for the rest of the week will keep me on the straight and narrow. I'm finding the Low Carb thing less difficult than I thought, but I do look forward to my Low GI days the most :D

This is hilarious! :D

I'm not a regular? T_T (Asian Crying Face FYI). I suppose that's what I get for being busy with work :p I do read everything even if I don't comment every day. ;) I'm definitely not a lurker though!

I agree you are def NOT a lurker and your input is very much valued

It was a genuine oversight and I have amended my post to include you

I will never leave a basser behind!!

Glad you like the photo's I was hoping that you would all find 'em funny - thats always a good reaction with a face like mine!! LOL

I'm on it Sparty! Just done my kettlebells and am sweating like a pig as its so muggy here. Going to have a massive salad for lunch - cannot believe how much I look forward to huge plates of salad nowadays! :) I'm so impatient to get to goal now as I feel that's the end of a very long and unhappy chapter in my life and I'm ready to start a new one of "Operation Buffer"! :)

im not often on my lappy but i just noticed your stats and wanted to say well done...6 stone off os HUGE and your 2 pound off target is that right? weve a few people close to or hitting target in this group...it should be named TOUGH LOVE THE WINNERS CIRCLE :)

Its the same club my consultant does 4 classes on a thursday!! She must rake in the money lol yeah its coz i work shifts and tbh going on a late wi really gets me down coz even wen ive stuck to plan i can hav a gain :( ive even suggested to my c that i only go everyother week but she sed that she thinks its a bad idea! Think after my 6 week countdown im gunna just do it from home at least then i can weigh in a morning every week :)

She wud still get the fee coz even if u dont go u hav to pay! She sed she thinks coz i know i hav 2 week till wi i will not b on plan coz i will think ahh ive got so many days to wi it will b ok. Defo thinkin ov doin it at home

emma, your c wants you to go cos she gets the money from you, she works on commision and the more people go the more money she gets, its as simple as that...people on shifts DO NOT pay for the weeks they cant make a class, and if this is what shes told you shes taling sh1te just to get you to go the weeks in between...this is why they have a section about shift workers on the form....so that they are informed and so that you dont have to pay the weeks you cant go cos of work....the problem now is you have been making class on your late shift weeks....i would text or ring her and tell her your shifts have changed and your not able to make any of her classes every other week due to working shifts and if she tries telling you that you have to pay for the weeks your not there, threaten to call head office im sure shell change her tune...emma...you dont need group, youve lost this weight on your own merit..do you really think that going to a class once a week for an hour and paying a fiver a week keeps you on the straight and narrow? it doesnt..you keep you on the straight and narrow and its a money making business, i have lost weight quicker since i have been doing it from home....a stone in around 6 weeks...compared to 2.5 stone in 14 months when i was at group. dont be lulled in thinking you HAVE to go to group or the weight is going to dramatically fly back on, it can only go on if you let it, if you continue to do what your doing then it will come off. if getting weighed late after a late shift always shows a gain and leaves you demoralised then stop going to that weigh in, thats just silly to keep going, no wonder you have slip ups...if every other week i got weighed it showed a gain i would struggle more than i do....do what works for you, you owe these people no loyalty, you only should be layal to yourself and your own weight loss mission, your stronger than you think and im sorry but your group is holding you back more than you think and your wasting 10 pound a month on the weigh ins that leave you feeling rubbish...thats £260 a year that you are spending to see a gain...you could spend that on new clothes, or a holiday!! £520 a year in total spent for someone else to weigh you and tell you what you already know.....now what could you do with that money?

im not often on my lappy but i just noticed your stats and wanted to say well done...6 stone off os HUGE and your 2 pound off target is that right? weve a few people close to or hitting target in this group...it should be named TOUGH LOVE THE WINNERS CIRCLE :)

emma, your c wants you to go cos she gets the money from you, she works on commision and the more people go the more money she gets, its as simple as that...people on shifts DO NOT pay for the weeks they cant make a class, and if this is what shes told you shes taling sh1te just to get you to go the weeks in between...this is why they have a section about shift workers on the form....so that they are informed and so that you dont have to pay the weeks you cant go cos of work....the problem now is you have been making class on your late shift weeks....i would text or ring her and tell her your shifts have changed and your not able to make any of her classes every other week due to working shifts and if she tries telling you that you have to pay for the weeks your not there, threaten to call head office im sure shell change her tune...emma...you dont need group, youve lost this weight on your own merit..do you really think that going to a class once a week for an hour and paying a fiver a week keeps you on the straight and narrow? it doesnt..you keep you on the straight and narrow and its a money making business, i have lost weight quicker since i have been doing it from home....a stone in around 6 weeks...compared to 2.5 stone in 14 months when i was at group. dont be lulled in thinking you HAVE to go to group or the weight is going to dramatically fly back on, it can only go on if you let it, if you continue to do what your doing then it will come off. if getting weighed late after a late shift always shows a gain and leaves you demoralised then stop going to that weigh in, thats just silly to keep going, no wonder you have slip ups...if every other week i got weighed it showed a gain i would struggle more than i do....do what works for you, you owe these people no loyalty, you only should be layal to yourself and your own weight loss mission, your stronger than you think and im sorry but your group is holding you back more than you think and your wasting 10 pound a month on the weigh ins that leave you feeling rubbish...thats £260 a year that you are spending to see a gain...you could spend that on new clothes, or a holiday!! £520 a year in total spent for someone else to weigh you and tell you what you already know.....now what could you do with that money?

sorry my maths is terrible i meant 260 a year in total and 130 on the weeks you get weighed and show a gain hahahaha.

Ok, 20 weeks to Christmas. 20lbs! Weight today was 193, I'll take it from here. So by Christmas I wanna b no heavier than 173 lbs. I am going to try with the adf diet, see if I can do it this way. Failing that I will look for another bright idea....

mini Non scale targets are; get into a size 14 jeans! Run the whole of my 10k race 2nd Sept. I have a goal to run 30miles befor end august. I have done 15 Mike's so far so need to keep going with that.

I done ok with c25k, ditched it at week 6 n moved onto zero to 10k n then ditched that at week 7 n just started running 3miles twice a week n 6 miles once a week. It was great to get me going and progressing me but I just decided I cud do better than the programme was allowing lol x

View attachment 60178View attachment 60179

There you go Lou. Hopefully my avatar has changed too.

can I ask a man question?

what is it that makes brunette women go blonde after losing weight?

Is there some kind of hormonal alchemy that happens when they reach goal?

I've lost best part of 4.5stone and my hair refuses to budge from the darkest brown hue that it's always been!!

if you look at success stories anywhere, the girls always seem to go blonde?

explain to the male thicko - WHAT IS GOING ON???

Ok, 20 weeks to Christmas. 20lbs! Weight today was 193, I'll take it from here. So by Christmas I wanna b no heavier than 173 lbs. I am going to try with the adf diet, see if I can do it this way. Failing that I will look for another bright idea....

UPDATE YOUR PROFILE AND LETS SEE THIS HAPPEN SISTER

your 20 weeks to Xmas thing has just given me a jolt!

this means I have 24lbs to do in 18 weeks....my birthday is 11th Dec and thats goal day

Need to urgently say adios to these pesky 15's......

Rod the Bass said:

this means I have 24lbs to do in 18 weeks....my birthday is 11th Dec and thats goal day

24lbs.do it!

I've lost best part of 4.5stone and my hair refuses to budge from the darkest brown hue that it's always been!!

maybe its a confidence thing? didnt have the confidence to have a more drastic look before losing weight? id love to go blonde but am blessed with almost black hair and would look very very silly with blonde locks lol

my mums birthday is that day.......anyway, youll do it, behave on your hol have a good time, dont go too mad, but have fun and then knuckle down...the latter part is harder than the first part BUT not for everyone, my second stone was a twat to shift, yet the last stone came off with ease...i think (and im no scientist so im probably wrong, but its just my opinion so dont shoot me down lol) that there are certain weight barroers we hit when losing weight, we call them plateaus dont we, but i think its our body adjusting to the weight loss, ive found with every stone thats come off ive gotten stuck...sometimes its because ive not been as rigid but other times its been for no reason, the damn scales just wouldnt budge and it is very very frustrating. but ive also found that once ive got a couple of pounds below it, its started to come off again. so blast through this bit rod and i bet youll fly into the 14's and beyond.

As long as you have a target, it doesn't matter how you get there as long as it works for you. I personally don't have an overall target yet- I am taking it half a stone at a time but I am generally looking towards 11st 7lbs and then counting measurements rather than the scales from there. Little targets really motivate me and help me keep focused on how far I've come rather than how far I've got to go!

Thanks for this, it reminds me that every step / loss is a step to where I need to be. Also need to take measurements.

It's a confidence thing. I have no plans to go blonde- my hair is very dark too- but I'm considering giving up my glasses for contacts. :O Sounds silly, but I have worn glasses since I was 8 and I think I use them as a protection thing. Feeling more confident and will consider it in a stone or so's time! Your reaction might be to wear clothes you never did before or do cool things with your facial hair :D

well done fluffy - off to the shops with you and then off to the pool!! :)

Have arranged appointment at Leisure Zone for Friday for tour and discussion about how to move myself. Will hunt for cossy in the meantime. Working at charity shop this pm.

Have been out for 1 hour walk this morning - like the fact that after a while I notice that I am walking faster. Take my water with me cos need to keep hydrated. This was not for shopping and solely to move myself - not near any shops - down lanes and across local field.

Before I took the plunge and posted on the TL thread, I had read every page from the beginning and had read this a couple of times. Tried to print it off but my printer was playing up and only printed part of it. Can relate to so much of it and will read it often, esp. when feeling that the journey is'nt worth the candle.

Would like to say thanks to Lou for putting into words how I guess so many of us feel and for sharing her story.

fluffynan said:
Before I took the plunge and posted on the TL thread, I had read every page from the beginning and had read this a couple of times. Tried to print it off but my printer was playing up and only printed part of it. Can relate to so much of it and will read it often, esp. when feeling that the journey is'nt worth the candle.

Would like to say thanks to Lou for putting into words how I guess so many of us feel and for sharing her story.

Aw thanks. I'm glad it helped. I thought when I wrote it that if I could just help one person I'd be happy. :D

Back