TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Got to share! Weighed in and lost 4lbs this week! Beyond thrilled! Pretty sure most of it was bloat from the binge on Sunday and ladyfuntime but still!

This is exciting for a couple of reasons, mainly that I now weigh less than I got to when I lost weight in 09/10 and also because this is now the lightest I have been since I was 14. I am also 0.8lb off my goal for October. Best of all, I know I deserve it as I worked hard this week. Chufded!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

Ahhh well done faery :) that's fantastic news!! Onwards and downwards - you'll hit that October target no problem!

That's just brilliant! You must be buzzing!

Thanks so much Ladies! ^^ I really feel like I'm cracking it this time and I know my Size 16s are getting too big now which is a big boost! Just got to keep up the momentum but I won't lie this is definitely what I needed! I'm off to Japan at the end of the month too, so being a couple of lbs under where I was expecting to be would be great, as I want to enjoy myself and not stress too much about food whilst I'm there!

Brilliant news Faery Lights. You are smashing it. Well done :)

Got to share! Weighed in and lost 4lbs this week! Beyond thrilled! Pretty sure most of it was bloat from the binge on Sunday and ladyfuntime but still!

This is exciting for a couple of reasons, mainly that I now weigh less than I got to when I lost weight in 09/10 and also because this is now the lightest I have been since I was 14. I am also 0.8lb off my goal for October. Best of all, I know I deserve it as I worked hard this week. Chufded!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

Well done FL, really, really pleased for you - so well deserved. What a lovely feeling eh? Enjoy it.

sparty said:
Well done Emma! That's a fantastic effort! Have u planned ur meals etc?! Keep going em - don't give up :)

No dont really plan as wen i ask OH wat he wants for tea tomoz i get y u askin me now how am i suppose to know! So i just kinda make sure ive got healthy stuff in for wateva he decides lol

I've just stumbled across this thread after mooching about for somewhere appropriate to wax lyrical about feeling sorry for myself because I only lost half a lb last week and that I feel gross and crappy and fat and reading this instead was just what I needed! All the sympathy and gentle support on the other threads is great but sometimes you just need a kick up the arse! thanks guys!

Welcome India! Tell us more about yourself.....

What plan do you follow?
What do you struggle with?
What exercise do you do?
What's your target and when is your goal? Some of us use the phone app so we can't see stats.

All of us bassers have a target and a goal - that's rule number one. Rule number two is to be honest and own your slip ups. You will be surprised how much less you want a kebab knowing you have to fess up in here. We are all fair but honest and we won't tell you it's ok to have a bottle of wine and a curry on weigh day because you've had a STS.

We all give as good as we get so you need to join in with advice and tellings off too! We help eachother plan and generally keep eachother on track so get stuck in...

Onwards and downwards!

I've just stumbled across this thread after mooching about for somewhere appropriate to wax lyrical about feeling sorry for myself because I only lost half a lb last week and that I feel gross and crappy and fat and reading this instead was just what I needed! All the sympathy and gentle support on the other threads is great but sometimes you just need a kick up the arse! thanks guys!

Welcome India!

I'm glad this has helped motivate you! Feel free to stick around and share your journey with us! Whilst the softly, softly advice is good for some people, I think a lot of people need accountability and to face up to the fact that this is a long term change that you have to commit too. I don't think the nice approach always takes that in to consideration. And I know that the TL approach is a large part of how I've lost 25lbs since June!

Do what Sparty says and tell us a little about yourself!

And EMMA- fantastic news! Well done lady! Hopefully you can get rid of that extra 2lbs this week and crack through it :D

Just delurking to say I subscribed to this thread a couple of weeks ago and while I haven't posted have been skimming through.

I do love the tough love Ethos, I do get frustrated with "it's too hard" type posts I see on here sometimes so it's refreshing to see some realism.

I also have a personal trainer who is kicking my ass and isn't about excuses at all!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just delurking to say I subscribed to this thread a couple of weeks ago and while I haven't posted have been skimming through.

I do love the tough love Ethos, I do get frustrated with "it's too hard" type posts I see on here sometimes so it's refreshing to see some realism.

I also have a personal trainer who is kicking my ass and isn't about excuses at all!

Welcome hells! ^_^ Same as India above, feel free to tell us a little about yourself. Your goals, your weightloss plan. Your personal trainer sounds great. Glad you appreciate the no nonsense approach. We always love to have some new blood! :)

faery_lights said:
Welcome hells! ^_^ Same as India above, feel free to tell us a little about yourself. Your goals, your weightloss plan. Your personal trainer sounds great. Glad you appreciate the no nonsense approach. We always love to have some new blood! :)

Hi, I'm 30, 2 kids under 5, work an office/on the road job and have gained 5 stone in 5 years! I was previously fit and about 11 stone-11.5 stone but gave up the gym in the first weeks of pregnancy number 1 and it all went downhill from there!!

I'm doing SW but not really staying to group as in all honesty I find it a bit irritating and there are some aspects I don't really get along with ( prob because I'm more of the tough love approach, lol) but I like the basic plan ( as long as no-one tries to encourage me to make a dessert out of options hot choc or a pizza out of smash- sorry! ) my main diet was fairly similar anyway sonit's mainly been cutting down the cheese, olive oil, bread, coleslaw etc, I know that my main weapon against the bulge is exercise!

I started at 16st 5lb on 2nd August and last WI had lost 9.5lb, but hoping this week I'll be close to a stone. I've set my target as 11st 5lb as that's a healthy BMI and the middle of my pre kids range, but it's more about being toned/smaller etc for me so am more going on being a toned size 12-14 again, I have no desire to be a skinny Minnie, but I want to be a fit one!

I have this pic on my phone as inspiration, I was actually about 11st 12lb there so according to BMI overweight, but I was muscular too, this is my ultimate target, to be a similar size and shape

Attachments

• image-107573500.jpg
    image-107573500.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 79
Hey everyone weighed in this morning and ive lost 3lbs ov my 5lb gain so it looks like im fighting back just gotta try really hard as its been a proper battle this last week!!

Good news Em. But think on, you could have got rid of the 5lb gain totally if you could have been arsed to do your kettlebells for the last fortnight, eh! Its three times a week for
20 minutes - there's no excuses - you've got all the stuff you need to do it, just get on with it. :whip:

Hi, I'm 30, 2 kids under 5, work an office/on the road job and have gained 5 stone in 5 years! I was previously fit and about 11 stone-11.5 stone but gave up the gym in the first weeks of pregnancy number 1 and it all went downhill from there!!

I'm doing SW but not really staying to group as in all honesty I find it a bit irritating and there are some aspects I don't really get along with ( prob because I'm more of the tough love approach, lol) but I like the basic plan ( as long as no-one tries to encourage me to make a dessert out of options hot choc or a pizza out of smash- sorry! ) my main diet was fairly similar anyway sonit's mainly been cutting down the cheese, olive oil, bread, coleslaw etc, I know that my main weapon against the bulge is exercise!

I started at 16st 5lb on 2nd August and last WI had lost 9.5lb, but hoping this week I'll be close to a stone. I've set my target as 11st 5lb as that's a healthy BMI and the middle of my pre kids range, but it's more about being toned/smaller etc for me so am more going on being a toned size 12-14 again, I have no desire to be a skinny Minnie, but I want to be a fit one!

I have this pic on my phone as inspiration, I was actually about 11st 12lb there so according to BMI overweight, but I was muscular too, this is my ultimate target, to be a similar size and shape

Hi Hells - welcome aboard. Looking good in the photo there by the way and no reason why you can't look like that again. I hear ya on the SW meeting thing. I do WW myself but don't attend the groups or weigh ins, just do it myself. I tried it once before but had to come away because I just wanted to kill someone when we were all sitting round in a circle discussing who had been "naughty"! Never again!

One of my big downfalls was cheese. To tackle this I no longer buy blocks of cheese cause I can't be trusted with it. I get those little nets of cheeses - cathedral city is one of my faves and they are only 2 pro-points. I used to have one every day but recently I've found I can go 3 or 4 days without a piece. Just knowing its there and I can have it if I want is enough for me!

Have you thought about a target date - perhaps an interim for Christmas could be a good one to work towards?

Cat Lover Sue said:
Hi Hells - welcome aboard. Looking good in the photo there by the way and no reason why you can't look like that again. I hear ya on the SW meeting thing. I do WW myself but don't attend the groups or weigh ins, just do it myself. I tried it once before but had to come away because I just wanted to kill someone when we were all sitting round in a circle discussing who had been "naughty"! Never again!

One of my big downfalls was cheese. To tackle this I no longer buy blocks of cheese cause I can't be trusted with it. I get those little nets of cheeses - cathedral city is one of my faves and they are only 2 pro-points. I used to have one every day but recently I've found I can go 3 or 4 days without a piece. Just knowing its there and I can have it if I want is enough for me!

Have you thought about a target date - perhaps an interim for Christmas could be a good one to work towards?

Hi, and thanks for the welcome :)

Re cheese I've been having the babybel lights, not my favourite but I can have them as my Healthy Extra on SW and the kids/OH don't like them so don't eat them!

I've set a target of losing 2.5 stone by Xmas which looks easily achievable, depending how I'm doing by beginning of Nov I may revise it to 3 stone.

I'm definitely becoming more muscular though, my legs particularly ( they've always bulked up quickly, prob due to lots of cycling and horse riding as a kid/teen. When I had my first pt session a couple of weeks ago I came out as having 52kg of lean muscle, which is apparently quite high, so the exercise I'm doing aims to make that muscle work :) but as well as my legs my core feels stronger even when I'm just walking etc.

I did ww previously many years ago and really liked it, but same as SW there are those aspects I really don't like.

Hi Hells - sounds like you've got it all under control and are focused. Get your stats updated (under your profile pic area) so we can see where you are in your weight loss "journey" (how very X Factor!!! :))

Back