TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

BOOM! Another 2lbs off so buffer is in place nicely. My secret? - focus, not changing my goals and just getting on with it. I'd recommend it! :)

Well done that's great, staying focused is definitely the key :)

Thanks Clanger. You're nearly there chuck. That 8lbs will soon be gone forever! :)

Thanks for that Sue- I really needed that reminder today.

I've lost my way lately with food, with exercise and with my focus. I've been reading all these 'self-help' books and really, it's just been a sign of me looking for the magic pill to help me magically shift pounds. I've been faffing around with that instead of focusing on what works for me- keeping it simple. Calorie Counting and Exercising. My Japan gain was excessive and I've felt demoralised because it didn't magically disappear when I got back. There's only one person who is responsible for that- me.

I was going to 'start fresh' with my food on Monday (Really, I said that. So stupid) but sod it, I'm starting this morning. Tomorrow morning, I am going to weigh and update you guys and my stats with that weight. I got down to 12st 5lbs but I'm not that anymore and refusing to update my stats until I get below that is stupid. It's just stressing me out. I want to be 11st 7lbs by Christmas and I know I can do it. I am also going to start a Diary in the Members Section to keep a better track of things.

This week I am committing to sticking to my Cals daily and exercising 3 times this week. And if I don't I expect you all to kick my arse. I have to stop fannying about and get my head back in the game. No more silly detours. As Sue said- keep focused. There's two months to Christmas and I can definitely shift this weight by then if I keep my mind on it.

Hi all, I haven't been posting much on here as live has been a bit manic the last few weeks. I'm going into hospital tomorrow to have an op on my thyroid so had my final weigh in pre- op this morning and have lost 3lbs, so total loss of 15.5lb I think now, I'm pleased with that, as although I've not being focussed, I'm obviously making better choices.

Now need to concentrate on being really good with food while off, I know there may be hard work ahead in terms on stabilising thyroid levels etc, but I'd still really like to lose 30lbs by Xmas/New year, eeekk. So will be checking in here when off to try and keep focussed.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi all, I haven't been posting much on here as live has been a bit manic the last few weeks. I'm going into hospital tomorrow to have an op on my thyroid so had my final weigh in pre- op this morning and have lost 3lbs, so total loss of 15.5lb I think now, I'm pleased with that, as although I've not being focussed, I'm obviously making better choices.

Now need to concentrate on being really good with food while off, I know there may be hard work ahead in terms on stabilising thyroid levels etc, but I'd still really like to lose 30lbs by Xmas/New year, eeekk. So will be checking in here when off to try and keep focussed.

Good luck with the hope all goes well for you!

I am sure that you will be able to achieve your goal if you put your mind to it :)

x

Thanks for that Sue- I really needed that reminder today.

I've lost my way lately with food, with exercise and with my focus. I've been reading all these 'self-help' books and really, it's just been a sign of me looking for the magic pill to help me magically shift pounds. I've been faffing around with that instead of focusing on what works for me- keeping it simple. Calorie Counting and Exercising. My Japan gain was excessive and I've felt demoralised because it didn't magically disappear when I got back. There's only one person who is responsible for that- me.

I was going to 'start fresh' with my food on Monday (Really, I said that. So stupid) but sod it, I'm starting this morning. Tomorrow morning, I am going to weigh and update you guys and my stats with that weight. I got down to 12st 5lbs but I'm not that anymore and refusing to update my stats until I get below that is stupid. It's just stressing me out. I want to be 11st 7lbs by Christmas and I know I can do it. I am also going to start a Diary in the Members Section to keep a better track of things.

This week I am committing to sticking to my Cals daily and exercising 3 times this week. And if I don't I expect you all to kick my arse. I have to stop fannying about and get my head back in the game. No more silly detours. As Sue said- keep focused. There's two months to Christmas and I can definitely shift this weight by then if I keep my mind on it.

YOU CAN DO THIS HANNAH! You have your aim, you have your target date, you know what you need to do. Keeping a diary is a really good idea, especially if you have had a little detour from your usual routine. You were so on it just a couple of months ago. You can definately do it again! :) Come on girl, don't sell yourself short. xx

Hope everything goes well with your op. Obviously food will take a bit of back seat at the moment but as you said, you're already making better choices. Stay positive. xx

I'll be thinking of you hells and hoping that your surgery goes well!

YOU CAN DO THIS HANNAH! You have your aim, you have your target date, you know what you need to do. Keeping a diary is a really good idea, especially if you have had a little detour from your usual routine. You were so on it just a couple of months ago. You can definately do it again! :) Come on girl, don't sell yourself short. xx

Thanks so much Sue! I know I can do it, I've just been distracted by a whole heap of stuff and I've been using it as an excuse to make poor decisions about food.

This morning I weight 12st 9lbs, and I am hoping to lose 2lbs this week. If I go home for Christmas, it's 2 months today until I'll fly which means 2 months to shift 16lbs. That's 1.5lbs (ish) a week, which is easily doable. I have to stick with it- I'll be keeping you all updated on my progress this week :) I am committing here to exercising at least 4 times this week- please ask me how I'm doing with it. :)

Hope you've all had good weekends.

This thread is brilliant can I join in. I was feeling a bit sorry for myself as I had to stop Lipotrim because my doctor told me to and I was kind of feeling like oh losing weight is sooooo hard blah blah but then I realised if I can eat nothing for 5 weeks I can eat moderately for the next 5,10 or 15 and it is soooo much nicer than TFR. So here goes I have started my healthy eating programme today and I will exercise 5 days a week (mostly power walking and yoga) and I will lose 15 lbs by Christmas and another 15 by the end of February. So here goes no excuses just get on with it!

shrinkingannie said:
This thread is brilliant can I join in. I was feeling a bit sorry for myself as I had to stop Lipotrim because my doctor told me to and I was kind of feeling like oh losing weight is sooooo hard blah blah but then I realised if I can eat nothing for 5 weeks I can eat moderately for the next 5,10 or 15 and it is soooo much nicer than TFR. So here goes I have started my healthy eating programme today and I will exercise 5 days a week (mostly power walking and yoga) and I will lose 15 lbs by Christmas and another 15 by the end of February. So here goes no excuses just get on with it!

Hi and welcome :)

I was doing so well last week then this weekend it all went to pot again :/ I'm going to do the hardest thing I can do, I'm going to cut out alcohol, no matter how I dress it up my downfall is when I drink and after I drink. I find it really hard to not drink when I go out but it's just not good for me atm. I'm feeling a bit low anyway and it's in no way helping my weight, my health or my mood. So this morning I'm on the green tea, vitamins etc and my healthy shopping has just come. Oh and to top it all off its lady fun time :/ eurgh.

FL well done for getting back on it, what exercise are you doing?

shrinkingannie said:

Of course you can join, anyone serious about shedding the pounds is welcome in the TL thread :)

Hi and welcome :)

I was doing so well last week then this weekend it all went to pot again :/ I'm going to do the hardest thing I can do, I'm going to cut out alcohol, no matter how I dress it up my downfall is when I drink and after I drink. I find it really hard to not drink when I go out but it's just not good for me atm. I'm feeling a bit low anyway and it's in no way helping my weight, my health or my mood. So this morning I'm on the green tea, vitamins etc and my healthy shopping has just come. Oh and to top it all off its lady fun time :/ eurgh.

FL well done for getting back on it, what exercise are you doing?

It's a bit of a social embugerance, the not drinking thing, but it really does make you feel so much better. I save it for special occasisions. I'll hopefully be home for New Year with all my friends so I plan on drinking then but nowhere near as much as I used to! So much pointless beer! I hate wasting my calories on drinks!

Good to see you GF, you're doing really well. Do you have a goal weight or are you just going to see where you settle?

As for my exercise, I've downloaded some Davina DVDs. I really needed a change of pace! Did 30 minutes earlier and found it a little challenging and quite enjoyable so I'm going to try and do that 3 times this week and then do one 40 minute session on my elliptical and then have the weekend off :D

Hey all! Am cautiously wanting to join you finally after ages just reading/lurking :eek:

Am very close to my goals now, after pootling along nicely all year. Seem to keep losing focus/motivation randomly though (had a mini binge yesterday/a break up which = boozing the week before) which I REALLY want to knock on the head asap!

Know I can do it; hell, I've come this far! :D Just seeking support I guess, and tough talk for when I start whining/complaining!

Hoping for a light and relaxing day today, snuggled with a duvet and green tea at the mo :coffee: as weather outside is bleh!
Gym time tomorrow and Thursday :whacky068:

Wel done Sue and agree 100% with being focused and just get on with it.:)

I'm now 8st 4 3/4lbs.:) Going to get back on the Kettlebells and other indoor exercising now the mornings are dark and weather isn't very good for long walks.Need to tone up and get some bulging muscles.:)

Hi GF - thanks very much. Check you out - you have done so bl00dy well, you must be so chuffed with yourself. Paleo has really worked for you - and being totally focused as well :).

Glad the bells are coming out again. Ryan will have missed you!! Don't forget to give yourself a pat on the back!!

Love the signature by the way. :)

Hi all,

I have been reading this thread and I would love to join you all. I am following the SW plan (well, trying to!), and the past couple of months I have been yoyo-ing the same few pounds. I have had problems with binge eating in the past, and this has returned a bit. I am getting help from a support group at the moment, which I think is helping, but I think sometimes a short, sharp kick to the rear is just the medicine I need.

I am very determined to get it together and continue losing weight to goal. I went a good 5 months binge-free until August, so I know I can do it, if I really try. Its so hard to break the cycle, its sort of like going cold-turkey until I get all the sugar and junk out of my body. I CAN AND WILL DO IT!

lottiebird said:
Hi all,

I have been reading this thread and I would love to join you all. I am following the SW plan (well, trying to!), and the past couple of months I have been yoyo-ing the same few pounds. I have had problems with binge eating in the past, and this has returned a bit. I am getting help from a support group at the moment, which I think is helping, but I think sometimes a short, sharp kick to the rear is just the medicine I need.

I am very determined to get it together and continue losing weight to goal. I went a good 5 months binge-free until August, so I know I can do it, if I really try. Its so hard to break the cycle, its sort of like going cold-turkey until I get all the sugar and junk out of my body. I CAN AND WILL DO IT!

I'm a binge eater too. And I know what you mean, once I open Pandora's box it's hard to put the lid back on. But just cos its hard doesn't mean we should give in eh?

Back