TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Not to make excuses but the dark cold weather does seem to make cravings worse. I think I'm going to have to really prepare my meals to get some more weight off before December. I've bought eggs which I haven't had much if lately, I'm going to make a conscious effort to make my
Meals more filling. It's lady fun time and I've put 5 pound on in 2 days. Obviously I've not eaten an extra 15000 calories or whatever I'd need to eat, this weekend lol so it has to be blasted water retention. But 5 pounds?? I mean really!!!

It's strange cos its all in our heads and when I'm on it, it's not hard at all. But when I'm giving in to temptation the thought of saying no seems too much. On the vitamin kick though so hopefully more energy will be heading my way. Anyone got winter blues try taking vitamin c and zinc :)

The Binge Eating is something I struggle with too. It's not as bad as it used to be- back in Uni, I'd tidy away a pack of donuts, a tub of ice cream and a family sized bar of chocolate over a few hours, just thinking about it now makes me sick!- but there's still room for improvement.

I read an interesting quote recently. There's no such thing as a 'sweet tooth'. What we really have is an addiction to sugar and we really should be quite angry with the food industry for getting us addicted to something we don't need! There was no Sucrose (The enzyme produced from sugar) in a Western Diet until about 200 years ago because it didn't exist here! Yes, it's naturally occurring but it's not something we strictly need nutritionally! I'm trying to skip all processed sweet foods for 3 weeks, because I know I have a sugar addiction, just to see what happens. My problem with my eating is that I have one little something and it spirals. Last week went to pot because my friend sent me some chocolate from home. I was doing fine until then! I can't open half the box, at least not at the moment. So, take this moment to feel angry that you have an addiction which isn't your fault because they load our foods with stuff our bodies don't need, because they know it'll help them sell more! That being said, it does come down to choice. You can face this knowledge and try to deal with it, or you can let it rule you.

We actually need to use the winter as a time to lose more weight too because our bodies are working harder to keep us warm! We don't have to eat loads of stodgy foods to keep us going- soups are amazingly healthy, warming and filling, as are stews! (Can't wait to come home and have my Mum's beef stew this Winter!)

Emma, I know you can't exercise with your feet but on YouTube there are several exercise videos for people with broken legs and stuff. You're just eating the chocolate because you're feeling sorry for yourself. Well you can either be a Victim or a Victor- you can go out there and try to do ANY kind of movement and give your body the food it needs to heal properly or you can keep feeding yourself junk and making yourself feel worse. Up to you!

Holiday gain + an extra 2lbs off for me this week. Staying focused and being determined has paid off :)

For many years binge eating has been my downfall. It's a constant struggle & takes major willpower not to give in to the cravings but since starting to log everything i eat & tracking cals i feel I've gained a little control and every pound i lose spurs me on. Yes there are days where i just want to eat & eat, that's when i have to stop and think about how disgusted it makes me feel & question whether that cake or those biscuits are worth undoing all my good work. Answer is NO WAY!

Holiday gain + an extra 2lbs off for me this week. Staying focused and being determined has paid off :)

For many years binge eating has been my downfall. It's a constant struggle & takes major willpower not to give in to the cravings but since starting to log everything i eat & tracking cals i feel I've gained a little control and every pound i lose spurs me on. Yes there are days where i just want to eat & eat, that's when i have to stop and think about how disgusted it makes me feel & question whether that cake or those biscuits are worth undoing all my good work. Answer is NO WAY!

Well done Clanger, that's great news. What a good result and as you say, just shows what focus and common sense can do. :)

argh!? need some tough love and quickly! make me cry if u have to! epic fail here today! this is my 1st time since starting SW that i have fooked up like this! :'( wont go into boring details but have had bad day (yep and its only lunchtime!) and ive just made it a whole lot worse! ...and WI tonight...what am i playing at!? i dont know!!

loolahoop said:
argh!? need some tough love and quickly! make me cry if u have to! epic fail here today! this is my 1st time since starting SW that i have fooked up like this! :'( wont go into boring details but have had bad day (yep and its only lunchtime!) and ive just made it a whole lot worse! ...and WI tonight...what am i playing at!? i dont know!!

STOP IT WOMAN!!! You've done so well and let's face it half a day is not going to do THAT much damage. You don't need to eat ANYTHING else now until after weigh in.

I've had porridge for breakfast, and just got a Sw quiche in the oven. Abandoned cc altogether. Planned my tea and no snacking tonight. One meal at a time.

thanks lou! so so so angry with myself!!! just for letting myself get so worked and turning to food!! wtf?!!? idiot!! that much damage in half a day?? i did THAT much damage in about an hour!! :( and i am just mega p!$$ed off with myself coz i had done soooo well this week, well just lately really, was feeling almost on top of everything, and i let 1 little thing get to me!! oh well my own stupid bloody self is the only one i can blame!

by abdanoned CC, do u mean u r just following SW? sounds like u have a plan :)

thanks lou! so so so angry with myself!!! just for letting myself get so worked and turning to food!! wtf?!!? idiot!! that much damage in half a day?? i did THAT much damage in about an hour!! :( and i am just mega p!$$ed off with myself coz i had done soooo well this week, well just lately really, was feeling almost on top of everything, and i let 1 little thing get to me!! oh well my own stupid bloody self is the only one i can blame!

by abdanoned CC, do u mean u r just following SW? sounds like u have a plan :)

so what excatly was the damage? sounds like your blowing it out of proprtion, if it was just an hour...yes you shouldnt have eaten for emotional reasons and your mad with yourself but you stopped and it was an hour not a week. i think your possibly panicking because its weigh in and you know youll be weighing that extra food now.

im not doing cc because im finding its not giving me the will to stop eating healthy foods if that makes sense, i can have a kebab if i want, cant have much else like but i can have it, but then im hungry and unhealthy and im feeling down and anxious lately so have decided to have a health over haul, im rejoining sw tonight if shell let me, as the group doesnt start til 5 but i have to be at work at 5, so im going to have to go for quarter to, and see if i can just weigh in and pick up a pack. if not ill have to go thursday morning but its harder cos ill have my 18 month old with me and shes a bit of a handful lol.

conlou1 said:
Ok I rejoined Sw. I'm 10.10 :( I can tell I've put loads on my jeans are do tight. Buggar

Well done for joining, hope u enjoy it :)

Loola, I'm with Lou. Chill- but well done for owning it. Why did you do it? If you examine that, it makes it much more difficult to repeat the action, I think. Knowing your triggers is important!

We all seem to be having a succession of crises right now, myself included. Lots of gains, not that many losses. I really think we need Rod back! He isn't going to be particularly pleased.

I'm glad you've rejoined SW Lou. I think it shows that even though one way of losing weight isn't working for you, there's always another option. There is no point in giving up.

I had a good day yesterday. Within Cals, did my exercise and popped on the scales and they're showing a loss already. I'm now going to weight on Monday and keep focused. That being said, I'm off to a fireworks display on Saturday which requires sitting for several hours waiting for it. I was thinking of packing boiled eggs, satsumas, apples and some kind of Spanish Omelette cut into slices and a big bottle of water. Any other suggestions?

1st of all thanks for the replies lou and FL! :)
i really am too ashamed to admit what i did yesterday, totally stupid! it was triggered by an argument, but obviosuly solved nothing! onnly thing achieved was letting myself down! and ruining WI.
i got 0.5lb off which was totally undeserved really after yesterday!
i had in my head that i had ruined next weeks WI too, but i have a whole week to sort it out! i will lower my syns, say 5 a day, be EXTRA strict and carry on with the exercise and i should stilll be able to loose!
i worked out in my mad moment i had 3,120 cals! which ismore than 2 days worth of food, and completely mental, but i can still get a loss next week! that was all i ate yesterday, even after WI, so that would mean i went over cals by 1,920...i can sort that out over the week with some hard work! i am totally in a different frame of mind today, i read through my scrap book, reminded myself why i want to do this and where i have come from n how much i DO NOT want to go back! i am still p!$$ed off with myself, coz i have worked really hard lately, and i feel like ive just undone it all, but i just have to get it into perspective lol, i havent just eaten enough food to re-gain 3st 3lb, i have still done well! i messed up, my fault, no-one elses, now to clean up the mess! lol

well doen for re-joining SW lou! and 10.10...as annoying as it is, its only 5lb from where u were, u will have that off in no time!

good goin FL! can u take some cold meats too? or make up like a cous cous type salad thing? or some soup in a flask? x

loolahoop said:
1st of all thanks for the replies lou and FL! :)
i really am too ashamed to admit what i did yesterday, totally stupid! it was triggered by an argument, but obviosuly solved nothing! onnly thing achieved was letting myself down! and ruining WI.
i got 0.5lb off which was totally undeserved really after yesterday!
i had in my head that i had ruined next weeks WI too, but i have a whole week to sort it out! i will lower my syns, say 5 a day, be EXTRA strict and carry on with the exercise and i should stilll be able to loose!
i worked out in my mad moment i had 3,120 cals! which ismore than 2 days worth of food, and completely mental, but i can still get a loss next week! that was all i ate yesterday, even after WI, so that would mean i went over cals by 1,920...i can sort that out over the week with some hard work! i am totally in a different frame of mind today, i read through my scrap book, reminded myself why i want to do this and where i have come from n how much i DO NOT want to go back! i am still p!$$ed off with myself, coz i have worked really hard lately, and i feel like ive just undone it all, but i just have to get it into perspective lol, i havent just eaten enough food to re-gain 3st 3lb, i have still done well! i messed up, my fault, no-one elses, now to clean up the mess! lol

well doen for re-joining SW lou! and 10.10...as annoying as it is, its only 5lb from where u were, u will have that off in no time!

good goin FL! can u take some cold meats too? or make up like a cous cous type salad thing? or some soup in a flask? x

***** woman what did you eat??!! If you get a gain next week you'll just have to deal, but you know if you work hard you won't.

In regards to my weight I did think yesterday, I weighed 10.5 on my scales, butt naked in the morning lol and this was tea time on different scales in jeans and jumper so prob not as bad as it seems lol. Stuff it it is what it is. I've filled my diary out last night for today and I'm sticking to it, taking fruit to work and not eating any junk. I'm cooking a while chicken in my slow cooker for tea so I can eat before I go. My slow cooker is about to become my best friend I think. I'm feeling much happier today so hopefully me eating better the last 2 days is impacting in my mood already :D

Bonnie how u doing??

oh lou :( i know! i will deal with a gain if it comes, but im gonna work my bloody arse off this week to do what i possibly can to minimise it!! - as well as reducing syns and being extra strict (like with no snacking etc, no nicking one of the kids crisps if i open a pack etc) im also gonna try a fishy week! (theres a thread in general SW forum, people have had great losses! worth a try lol)

well as for ur weight, its prob nowhere near as bad as +5lb then! will u be staying to group or is that not possible with work etc? the slow cooker sounds perfect idea for you with all ur commitments! i love mine, but i deffo need a bigger one lol! i didnt even know u could cook a whole chicken in a slow cooker!! will have to try that one! x

oh god :'( ok, i will fess up, i am totally, totally ashamed of this btw, but..this is facing my demons! i will rmember this feeling of 'fessing up to u guys, coz this is scary ..actually admitting what i did! ok, a multi-pack of hula-hoops (6packs) a pack of cakes (6 of em) 4 slices of bread and butter, a whole pack of ham and a whole litre of orange juice...omg!
actually cant believe i even did that to myself! i dont even usually have this crap in my house! it was only there, all unopened because my sister brought it all at the weekend when she came to stay.

ok, 1 more massive confession from me...coz this is NEVER happening again! ...it didnt all stay in my body :'( i was sick, but most of it did, i actually stopped myself and came on here! this is not a relapse, this is a blip, a moment of stupidity..lunacy even! over a stupid argument!
please dont all think too badly of me, i am a complete idiot i know!

Im a bad binger aswell one day i ate 2x big grab bags crisp and 2 bar and a half dairy milks aswell as 2x wham bars and a packet ov mint munchies and loadsa mochas inbetween i think that wen we eat so much so quickly we dont giv our bodys chance to tell our brain that we r full and coz we r on a binge it just keeps shovelling in!

ahh grasshoppers....

well I'm alive and well, settled into the the job after 6 weeks - and still losing - but more slowly

I have maintained at 15-9 for seven weeks, still no beer and this morning hit 15-8

I am pleased to see all my favourite losers still keeping this going, I will try my very best to log on once a day from now on and dispense some of your favourite advice

keep on the path sisters, I need to read back many weeks to see where you all are at.....

Back