TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Looouuu!!! u can do this!! u did amazing last week and u can do again! just think next WI u will have a double good loss!..another 4lb maybe?? ;) u know it wont happen if u give in to that take-away food though!
i only got 1lb off tonight, but hey ho 1lb closer to target! ...is there anything at work u can clean?? lol anything to take ur mnind off it?x

Hey lou dont do it you dont want to be in my position right now x
I have been a 100% today but when i checked my weight in the morning after being off plan for nearly 1 and a half weeks i have gained just over 6 and half lbs. I'm kicking myself as not only i'm i back in the 14s, i was just half a lb away from my 3 stone award! I really wish i could have controlled my emotions at my mums and kept away from the binging triggers!

wow thats great! what a confidence boost! could you take soem snacks and toys? tbh i dont think this would work with my 18m old lol, but it may for some? lol i think the only way i could take my youngest with me would be to shoot him with a tranquillizer dart 1st! lol

A lot better now that i'm back on plan, will be seeing what damage i have done at tomorrows weigh in! Have a difficult day tomorrow too as theres a little celebration party for eid and diwali at my daughters nursery where we have been asked to bring in food and come too. I'm wondering wil it seem rude to say no at eating, mmm?

A lot better now that i'm back on plan, will be seeing what damage i have done at tomorrows weigh in! Have a difficult day tomorrow too as theres a little celebration party for eid and diwali at my daughters nursery where we have been asked to bring in food and come too. I'm wondering wil it seem rude to say no at eating, mmm?

Prepare some healthy snacks like fruit and only eat those, if you can, but if you find it easier just say No, Thank you. You don't have to eat.

Things are going well. Today makes it a week with no binging and sticking to plan and I've done 7 days of the 30 Day Shred. It's amazing how much I've improved in such a short time already! My skin looks better and I feel much better in myself- not quite as lethargic. Last night was a struggle though- I had a bizarre craving for chocolate but I made it through!

My aim for this week is to get back to running on my elliptical. I've really neglected it since I got back from Japan. I do actually enjoy it and much as I enjoy the 30 Day Shred, I know doing the elliptical as well will really help me shift the weight! The size 14 trousers my Mum sent me are still too tight whereas my Size 16 Jeans are too loose so I am at that silly in-between stage. I really want to get into a 14 by Christmas if I can!

having a hard day today already (food wise)i just want to eat EVERYTHING!! im having cravings for sugar big time, so im on here to tell u all and to hopefully stop myself! but...i just been to tesco, brought dinner for tonight, walked past the cakes, the ice cream and the chocolate! but i have biscuits in the house and i dont even like em (malted milk) but i just wana eat em..why?! wtf is up with me haha!
im not hungry, i just want for the sake of it and being tempted by biscuits i dont even like is just ridiculous! so here i am, im telling myself to man up! i know im not hungry, and the foods i want have no nutritional value at all, just empty, make-you-fat calories! im 3lb away from my christmas goal, and 10lb away from my final target..thats not gonna happen if i cave is it!?
so my plan of action?! ive just had a persimmon, so im hoping that will curb my sugar craving, i do try not to snack, but i fear it was either that piece of fruit or biscuits, which if eaten may possibly cause me to eat more, so i think i deffo made the right choice there, then im gonna have a BIG glass of water so i feel full and not want to eat, then im gonna get off here, turn my music up LOUD and deep clean the house...well as much as i can with kids running around lol, then that should be about lunch time, then will do day 15 of the shred (halfway! eek! lol) ..then...not thought that far, but will think of something, i am hoping the craving will have passed by then!!
anyways sorry for the ramble, but actually starting to feel a little better already by admitting i want to eat crap!

having a hard day today already (food wise)i just want to eat EVERYTHING!! im having cravings for sugar big time, so im on here to tell u all and to hopefully stop myself! but...i just been to tesco, brought dinner for tonight, walked past the cakes, the ice cream and the chocolate! but i have biscuits in the house and i dont even like em (malted milk) but i just wana eat em..why?! wtf is up with me haha!
im not hungry, i just want for the sake of it and being tempted by biscuits i dont even like is just ridiculous! so here i am, im telling myself to man up! i know im not hungry, and the foods i want have no nutritional value at all, just empty, make-you-fat calories! im 3lb away from my christmas goal, and 10lb away from my final target..thats not gonna happen if i cave is it!?
so my plan of action?! ive just had a persimmon, so im hoping that will curb my sugar craving, i do try not to snack, but i fear it was either that piece of fruit or biscuits, which if eaten may possibly cause me to eat more, so i think i deffo made the right choice there, then im gonna have a BIG glass of water so i feel full and not want to eat, then im gonna get off here, turn my music up LOUD and deep clean the house...well as much as i can with kids running around lol, then that should be about lunch time, then will do day 15 of the shred (halfway! eek! lol) ..then...not thought that far, but will think of something, i am hoping the craving will have passed by then!!
anyways sorry for the ramble, but actually starting to feel a little better already by admitting i want to eat crap!

You're dealing with it in the right way Loola! I always think eating fruit is a great idea when you feel the desire to eat becoming a bit overwhelming. It satisfies the sweet cravings and can fill you up. I was really struggling earlier this evening but I decided to say strong. I did Day 8 of the 30DS, made tea and felt a lot calmer. I also have another method- I put on my pyjamas. My overwhelming laziness means I don't want to get changed so that I can go out and buy food (I keep no trigger foods in the house). ;)

Anyway, I was hoping for a little bit of advice. I am off on a Day trip with some Colleagues on Saturday (I'm dead excited... not.) Anyway, I have to be on the bus on the other side of the city at 5.50am!! Lunch is provided but I won't want breakfast that early. What would be good to take with me? I have some mandarins and an apple but I wasn't sure what else! I didn't know whether or not to take dry museli and to snack on that. Anyway, thoughts appreciated!!

fruit is a good one, easy to carry, could you take some yogurt too? muesli and nat yogurt is yyum, just not sure how practical that is lol!

oh and i havent caved! :) im currently craving free lol! just finished day15 of the shred and feeling good! i have made the biggest load of butternut squash and chilli soup, my freezer is full so i have lunch sorted for about 2 weeks! lol!
i have a feeling the cravings will come back at evening time, but im expecting it and i will be ready for it! i have a bowl of frozen berries in the fridge defrosting, so something to nibble on this evening is i need it :) X

in need of some tough love please, feeling thoroughly fed up and am craving a big bar of dairy milk... i know i would regret it. but ive already fallen off the wagon a fair few times at the start of the week and i just think in for a penny, in for a pound. help!

no alice dont do it!! ok u'va had a bad start to the week, so y continue to mess it up? that doesnt make sense lol! im suffering some really strong sgar cravings today so i know how u r feeling, but it WILL pass, have a glass of water, some fruit too, otherwise u will be putting on those pounds!! like i said in my post, there is no nutirtional value in chocolate, just lots and lots of calories!! do u alreday have it in the house? if so can u not just throw it away? therefore theres no temptation? but thats a waste right?? will be much more of a waste if u give in and eat it, a waste of ur hard work! and that will prob just make u want more, and leave you feeling defeated, and annoyed with urself! i can guarantee if u resist u will feel great about it tomorrow! and if u carry on to resist u will feel amazing when u step on those scales!
if u have to go out and buy it, before you do, go for a walk, just half hour or so, think about all those calories ur burning and how much fat ur loosing, then on the way to the shop think about how eating that choc would have just made that walk pointless!
ALSO.... have u found out how many syns arein that big bar of dairy milk? if not do it! that alone may just put u off!! i wanted some of my husbands banoffee pie i made him, untili worked out that it was 319 syns per pie!!! lol that put me off n i havent touched it since! lol i swear i inhale syns now making that desert for him!
stay strong!! you can do this!! if u need a chocolate fix can u not have something within ur syn allowance? a bag of malteasers is 9.5 syns, thats what i have as my after WI treat, deffo feels naughty lol x

Hi All, just popping in to apologise for not having been on much. Life is finally settling down for me again after the breakup - I am sorry to say that taking my eyes off the prize and having stopped training for the half marathon has meant I have gone from 10st5 to 10st11. New relationship hasn't helped, it has been booze, booze booze. Happier than ever but getting a grip on things now before I go into freefall. My new target is 10st7 - the fact is I am happy at that weight and don't feel deprived. If I could hover around there for the rest of my life, I would be very happy.

Had pre-booked and paid for a 5 course boozy dinner tonight at the pub with new man (it is 'game' night, so all wild game dishes) but after this it is back to the grind - have booked myself into the bath half and will be doing lots of running at the weekend. New man is a health and fitness freak (although god he can drink) so I am hoping it can become a bit of a joint hobby!

Good luck all will try and get on with catching up with the squillions of losses now!

THANK YOU! everything you said makes absolute sense, why would i mess things up? ive come to far (lost 2 stone 7 in total)- why ruin it! i had a lovely big drink, and am just about to start making my tea... no bad stuff in the house so am actually looking forward to thinking up what superfree i can have with it. thank you! xx

Hello all!! I have been really quiet in the last few weeks because I have been mad busy. I have also been doing this thing half heartedly - probably because I have been busy and going away! I also haven't been weighing regularly because I know I haven't been on the jazz and have felt guilty!

I fly tomorrow so will be lurking a lot more than posting in the next 2.5 weeks until I am back from Thailand where I will be making better choices than before I joined minimins!

When i get back i will be upping the exercise and treating my diet strictly! In prep I have ordered my 30 day shred DVD so there are no excuses to get straight back on it.

Well done all of you who have had losses and well done if you have avoided caving in!!

Back