TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

well tonight is date night and i have a choice....i can either enjoy it and then ruin my diet or i can show restraint and still enjoy it and feel smug tomorrow. i choose the latter. i have put everything i am having into mfp, we got a finest meal deal from tesco, which is high in cals so i have forfeited the cheesecake (which i bloody love) for half a bottle of wine, the meal and wine comes to almost 1000 cals :/ so ive had toast and spread for breakfast and thats about all i can have today. im meant to be going out for dinner with my friend but im going to have to pass as its going to take me way over with cals and i cant fit any exercise in.

Well done for being prepared lou x

I am doing a lot better but everyday is a battle. I did have a few of my daughters chips which were fried but as i havent used all my syns i have synned them as 6 and forfieted my evening crisps x

Well i need to confess my badness in order to move past it ! Iv come back to ireland for my mums 60th, went out last night and got blind drunk, had chips, gravy&cheese on the way home plus a family sized bag of Tayto cheese and onion when i got in !! OMG !! Not to be outdone today, started off ok but just back from an indian (the worst possible takeaway) for a wanabe slimmer and about 3slices of birthday cake, 2 large glasses of wine and a jack daniels! I enjoyed it but now I feel SOOOO guilty. I was really good Tuesday to Friday night and I'm hoping to be good from tomorrow until weigh in Tuesday but part of me is saying uv been so bad, just continue. Might go for a huge walk tomorrow and try to rectify the situation a little bit and maybe get me back on track.x

good going lou! sounds like ur doing well! :) so does ur dress fit now? or still a little way to go?
i struggling, like REALLY struggling :( i just cant seem to get my head in it! these past couple of weeks have been horrible, i just want to eat all the wrong types of food (this has been since my stupid binge!) seriously need to sort myself out!! im in a constant battle with myself at teh minute just to eat everything in sight! i was even thinking of making 9st 13lb my final target, just because 9st 6 seems sooooo far away and hard! but i know im not happy with that! its only 10lb away now but seeems like a distant fantasy rather than something i can acheive :(
i did ok yesterday, went out for a meal for nans 70th birthday, it was a turkey roast dinner so nothing too bad anyway, i skipped starter, (i wasnt the only one so didnt look silly lol) had the main, roasties looked really greasy so hubby had those, same with the parsnips, i had to have gravy as it came already on it, but looked like water anyway, then turkey breast, carrots, red cabbage and green beans, so that was fine, then ccame to afters, was apple tart and custard and omg it looked and smelt soo nice, but i gave mine away :) there was a desert short (there were 20 of us) so i donated mine as "i was stuffed anyway, from the lovely dinner" ;) and i only had water with my dinner rather than the wine with everyone else as "i dont like drinking when i have the kids" ;) i did have a small slice of birthday cake, but that and the gravy were the only syn'd foods that day, so i think iwqas ok.
i can do it, but its just such a struggle, like a few people said a little while ago, its seems to not be second nature anymore! :( a couple of months ago i wouldnt have even thought about pinching a couple of the kids sweets, or taking a couple of chips when offered etc, but now i seem to do it without even thinking and then its making me want those kind of foods even more! i do seriously need a kick up the butt!
im deffo getting myself into the mindset of "that bit doesnt matter" and i need to stop it before im back where i started!

loolahoop said:
good going lou! sounds like ur doing well! :) so does ur dress fit now? or still a little way to go?
i struggling, like REALLY struggling :( i just cant seem to get my head in it! these past couple of weeks have been horrible, i just want to eat all the wrong types of food (this has been since my stupid binge!) seriously need to sort myself out!! im in a constant battle with myself at teh minute just to eat everything in sight! i was even thinking of making 9st 13lb my final target, just because 9st 6 seems sooooo far away and hard! but i know im not happy with that! its only 10lb away now but seeems like a distant fantasy rather than something i can acheive :(
i did ok yesterday, went out for a meal for nans 70th birthday, it was a turkey roast dinner so nothing too bad anyway, i skipped starter, (i wasnt the only one so didnt look silly lol) had the main, roasties looked really greasy so hubby had those, same with the parsnips, i had to have gravy as it came already on it, but looked like water anyway, then turkey breast, carrots, red cabbage and green beans, so that was fine, then ccame to afters, was apple tart and custard and omg it looked and smelt soo nice, but i gave mine away :) there was a desert short (there were 20 of us) so i donated mine as "i was stuffed anyway, from the lovely dinner" ;) and i only had water with my dinner rather than the wine with everyone else as "i dont like drinking when i have the kids" ;) i did have a small slice of birthday cake, but that and the gravy were the only syn'd foods that day, so i think iwqas ok.
i can do it, but its just such a struggle, like a few people said a little while ago, its seems to not be second nature anymore! :( a couple of months ago i wouldnt have even thought about pinching a couple of the kids sweets, or taking a couple of chips when offered etc, but now i seem to do it without even thinking and then its making me want those kind of foods even more! i do seriously need a kick up the butt!
im deffo getting myself into the mindset of "that bit doesnt matter" and i need to stop it before im back where i started!

I had a rubbish night sat and ate way too much. But yesterday I was straight back on it, I'm logging on MFP again as I'm finding Sw too difficult to get to group and I'm just getting into free food mindset. I'm trying very hard not to snack, and having a cuppa when I'm peckish which seems to be helping. Tried the dress on
On Saturday and it fits perfect, another 4 or 5 pound wouldn't do any harm but if I don't lose it it's fine as it is, so pressure off. I'm still eating healthy but have decided to stop pressuring myself about my weight, I'm actually pretty happy with my size, I'm a 12 and I look fine how I am, I'd like to be smaller but I'm sick if spending my life trying to lose weight, so I'm just going to do my best, eat a healthy diet, I exercise loads anyway so that side is covered and if I lose more then great, if not, never mind. I ha e dieted (excluding my pregnancies) since I was 17, that's 14 years, I'm in my healthy bmi and happy with my size so why am I trying to get down even further?? That's pretty much where I'm at

You sound like your doing well loola but it sounds like your feeling your doing bad cis your struggling to keep in the straight and narrow? Watch you don't get obsessive hun, you've done AMAXING look how far you e come, you never thought you'd get to the weight you are now!! Just make sure your reaching for that target cos you'll be happy there, and if your happy before there your allowed to call target you know...it's your life and your body. Even if I was a size 8 I'd still not be happy so I'm trying to focus on what I do like rather than what I don't and the things I don't like are actually things that can't be improved with with loss

I had a rubbish night sat and ate way too much. But yesterday I was straight back on it, I'm logging on MFP again as I'm finding Sw too difficult to get to group and I'm just getting into free food mindset. I'm trying very hard not to snack, and having a cuppa when I'm peckish which seems to be helping. Tried the dress on
On Saturday and it fits perfect, another 4 or 5 pound wouldn't do any harm but if I don't lose it it's fine as it is, so pressure off. I'm still eating healthy but have decided to stop pressuring myself about my weight, I'm actually pretty happy with my size, I'm a 12 and I look fine how I am, I'd like to be smaller but I'm sick if spending my life trying to lose weight, so I'm just going to do my best, eat a healthy diet, I exercise loads anyway so that side is covered and if I lose more then great, if not, never mind. I ha e dieted (excluding my pregnancies) since I was 17, that's 14 years, I'm in my healthy bmi and happy with my size so why am I trying to get down even further?? That's pretty much where I'm at

You sound like your doing well loola but it sounds like your feeling your doing bad cis your struggling to keep in the straight and narrow? Watch you don't get obsessive hun, you've done AMAXING look how far you e come, you never thought you'd get to the weight you are now!! Just make sure your reaching for that target cos you'll be happy there, and if your happy before there your allowed to call target you know...it's your life and your body. Even if I was a size 8 I'd still not be happy so I'm trying to focus on what I do like rather than what I don't and the things I don't like are actually things that can't be improved with with loss
that is actually EXACTLY how i want to be, and kind how im thinking at the minute, im looking a lot better than i did 7 months ago, and ive done it healthily, i too dont think ill ever be happy with my body, like u said even at a size 8, and im not kidding myself into thinking im gonna end up with a perfect body and a perfectly taut tum coz its just not gonna happen! lol ive had 4 kids and 3 within 3 years so that kinda dont do your body any favours lol i have hips andf i have boobs so i dont think im made to be small and in all honestly i think i am beocming far too foccused on the scales than anything else...oh and stickers! lol the only reason i want 9st 6lb is coz that would be a 4st loss! lol
i have done a LOT of thinking today! and you, lou basically just said it lol! i think i am gonna set my target for 9st 13lb, then concentrate on toning, and exercise (not too much mind you ;) just want to be fit and healthy) and i do feel confident that i can maintain that, and if i happen to drop through that htrough eating well and exercise then so be it :) but im in a size 10, just, so i think with some exercise i will look better in my jeans coz they r still a bit snug, just 12 is looking too big if u know what i mean? and i was thinking that if i did loose another 10lb firstly it will be hard to maintain, and that again i maybe where i am now, inbetween sizes :/
i feel under lot of pressure though (only set by myself mind you) to get to 9st 6, coz thats what i set my target at group at, thats what i set my christmas challenge at and i felt like i would be letting people down if i didnt getthere and that by setting my target higher i amin some way failing! but, through my thought today i kinda realised, like anyone cares what i weigh?!!? lol the only person who matters is me, and the whole point of me doing this is for me! lol
ok gone off on a ramble AGAIN lol , but yeh, am gonna continue to think about things, and decide what i REALLY want! i dont want to be skinny, that was never my objective, the whole point in me starting this was to be happy and healthy

:cry:I'm feeling so low, have been on plan so far but just want to jump straight into a bar of choc! Been feeling low since weigh in, i have had gains in the past but this time the consultant just ignored me at image therapy and didnt talk to me whether i was ok or not with my gain. I know i cant lose weight without going to group as in the past i have failed miserably but the thought of a new group is very daunting. I'm really shy so find it hard to talk to people so doing that over again is worrying me. On top of that the weather is affecting my mood and i'm pretty much low at the moment and just dont want to follow sw. Today it was grey and horrible so i thought after dropping off my eldest daughter i will go into the shopping centre and get a few pieces. After doing that my husband came to get me and so i took out my purse and put it in my coat pocket to remember to pay the nursery for snacks. As i was a bit late i ran straight into the nursery and checked my pocket and no purse so i thought it must have fallen in the car but when i got home it wasnt there and plus my husband went to the shopping centre and it wasnt there. I than realised it must have fallen out of my pocket when I got out the car outside the nursery and there was a couple with a child in buggy standing on street. My husband told me afterwards that couple had come to the car window my side to ask for directions so its quite obvious they took it because they were just loitering about but than after they asked him and he said he didnt know they disappeared really quickly! Luckily there was only£10s but my husband brought me the purse it was lovely radley one so really pissed off. My husband knows i'm in binge mood so he's on guard but i really really feel so low today, i feel like my weight battle is never ending and i'm losing it :cry:

Safia said:
:cry:I'm feeling so low, have been on plan so far but just want to jump straight into a bar of choc! Been feeling low since weigh in, i have had gains in the past but this time the consultant just ignored me at image therapy and didnt talk to me whether i was ok or not with my gain. I know i cant lose weight without going to group as in the past i have failed miserably but the thought of a new group is very daunting. I'm really shy so find it hard to talk to people so doing that over again is worrying me. On top of that the weather is affecting my mood and i'm pretty much low at the moment and just dont want to follow sw. Today it was grey and horrible so i thought after dropping off my eldest daughter i will go into the shopping centre and get a few pieces. After doing that my husband came to get me and so i took out my purse and put it in my coat pocket to remember to pay the nursery for snacks. As i was a bit late i ran straight into the nursery and checked my pocket and no purse so i thought it must have fallen in the car but when i got home it wasnt there and plus my husband went to the shopping centre and it wasnt there. I than realised it must have fallen out of my pocket when I got out the car outside the nursery and there was a couple with a child in buggy standing on street. My husband told me afterwards that couple had come to the car window my side to ask for directions so its quite obvious they took it because they were just loitering about but than after they asked him and he said he didnt know they disappeared really quickly! Luckily there was only£10s but my husband brought me the purse it was lovely radley one so really pissed off. My husband knows i'm in binge mood so he's on guard but i really really feel so low today, i feel like my weight battle is never ending and i'm losing it :cry:

Write down why YOU want to lose weight? No one is making you do this, you should be doing it cos you want to, and you shouldn't need someone else at a group to make you feel ok about a gain, it's obviously not ok to you and the feelings your having are normal. But, you have a choice...dwell and risk putting more on Or move on, go to bed if you want to eat rubbish. So t sit feeling sorry for yourself cos you can't eat chocolate...you can if you want, it's your choice, it's your life but then you risk spiralling into another gsin next week. It's crap about your purse but food isn't the answer. Crap
Things in life happen, you don't need to console yourself with food, it won't make you feel any better. Deal with it in a constructive way. Plan some extra exercise. As I say it's your choice-no one is making you diet, it's a decision you made, if you don't want to lose weight anymore you don't have to. But remember it is only food!

loolahoop said:
that is actually EXACTLY how i want to be, and kind how im thinking at the minute, im looking a lot better than i did 7 months ago, and ive done it healthily, i too dont think ill ever be happy with my body, like u said even at a size 8, and im not kidding myself into thinking im gonna end up with a perfect body and a perfectly taut tum coz its just not gonna happen! lol ive had 4 kids and 3 within 3 years so that kinda dont do your body any favours lol i have hips andf i have boobs so i dont think im made to be small and in all honestly i think i am beocming far too foccused on the scales than anything else...oh and stickers! lol the only reason i want 9st 6lb is coz that would be a 4st loss! lol
i have done a LOT of thinking today! and you, lou basically just said it lol! i think i am gonna set my target for 9st 13lb, then concentrate on toning, and exercise (not too much mind you ;) just want to be fit and healthy) and i do feel confident that i can maintain that, and if i happen to drop through that htrough eating well and exercise then so be it :) but im in a size 10, just, so i think with some exercise i will look better in my jeans coz they r still a bit snug, just 12 is looking too big if u know what i mean? and i was thinking that if i did loose another 10lb firstly it will be hard to maintain, and that again i maybe where i am now, inbetween sizes :/
i feel under lot of pressure though (only set by myself mind you) to get to 9st 6, coz thats what i set my target at group at, thats what i set my christmas challenge at and i felt like i would be letting people down if i didnt getthere and that by setting my target higher i amin some way failing! but, through my thought today i kinda realised, like anyone cares what i weigh?!!? lol the only person who matters is me, and the whole point of me doing this is for me! lol
ok gone off on a ramble AGAIN lol , but yeh, am gonna continue to think about things, and decide what i REALLY want! i dont want to be skinny, that was never my objective, the whole point in me starting this was to be happy and healthy

A size 10
Is amazing!!! I think you have to be careful, you view using 3 syns as slipping off track and thinking of foods you deem as 'bad' leaves you feeling out if control, be careful you don't get obsessed, I lt dawned on me today that from now on I shouldn't exercise just to lise weight I shoukd do it cos it makes me feel good, I should eat healthy cos it makes me feel good and healthy, I shouldn't eat junk cos it makes me feel ill and sluggish. I realised taking the focus off the weight loss and onto the health side makes me feel better about it all and stops me stressing.

I still havent had it and wont have it but i feel so low today. I suppose it the weather and my group getting me down. I used to go to the same group as the lady who is the cover lady in the sw issue this month and that group was so supportive but as we moved i had to change groups and i have tried my best to like it. This is my 3rd time with this particular consultant and i just find her all over the place and just give up. I think i will have to move groups eventually but i wont do any moving untill i have lost this gain.

Safia said:
I still havent had it and wont have it but i feel so low today. I suppose it the weather and my group getting me down. I used to go to the same group as the lady who is the cover lady in the sw issue this month and that group was so supportive but as we moved i had to change groups and i have tried my best to like it. This is my 3rd time with this particular consultant and i just find her all over the place and just give up. I think i will have to move groups eventually but i wont do any moving untill i have lost this gain.

As I said safia, your doing this for you, if your group isn't giving you support then find another group or buddy up with someone or use this forum. I think that your mad at yourself and upset at what you gained and that's why you feel down, I think you was looking fir reassurance from your c but perhaps she didn't want to tell you it's ok as that's not helpful tbh, the will to lose weight needs to come from you, if you gsin weight, it's your fault no one else's and that can be a hard pill to swallow. We choose which foods to eat and when and no one force feeds us. If the weather is affecting your mood-it does me too btw, then try getting out during the day and perhaps take some vitamins that include vitamin d. Losing weight is hard, but the battle is in your head, if you choose not to eat the foods that will gsin you weight and if you choose to exercise more you'll lose weight, learn your triggers, and combat those in a non food related way. Get mad with yourself, it's far more constructive than self pity. You can do this you just have to want it bad enough. Tomorrow is a new day, you can choose how that day goes food wise, now come on, chin up, head high and make wise choices :)

Ok so..10.5! Woooooo

image-3665149135.jpg

And my trousers finally fit me :D

gettingfit said:
Why thank you.:)
I now have the body I've been trying to achieve for years.I got it from being focused and really wanting it.Also I only occasionally talk and write about what I eat so I'm not thinking about it all the time.

I don't like seeing muffin tops or back fat especially where your bra lies so you have do something about it if you don't like it.So thats what I have done.

Eating the way I do has made things easier.I have just started doing the C25K and I am enjoying running along the beach at 7am.:)

Off to do 100 sit ups and 100 push offs.Oh the joys of wanting to look good.:)

Yes that's what's motivating me to lose more. The damn back fat :/ I do ALOT of aerobic exercise but how the hell do you get rid of the back flab???

Back