TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

gettingfit said:
I read that weight training is the way to lose the back fat and firm up the muscles.

I've been walking 3 + miles a day(weather permitting)for a couple of months with a 5kg weight in my backpack.
I also do rowing with a kettlebell and some hand weight exercises.

A good fitting bra stops the bulging look as too small it squeezes the fat thats why you get the overhang.Too loose and the bra rolls up which also gives you overhang.

Healthy eating to keep your energy levels up so you feel like doing the exercising.

You eat cr*p you will feel cr*p.

Oh and focus,focus,focus.:)

I'm definitely wearing the right bra I've tried a bigger band and smaller band and been measured, I was told by a fitness trainer that when women have babies close together they get back fat and it's due to poor posture and skin stretching everything goes a bit slack. I have the inclination to exercise just struggling for time :( I have some to try at home and I have hand weights so gonna give it a go. Thanks :)

How's it going Sue?
Ryan has been spreading the pat on the back to the C25k.:D

Trying to do something different every day and it's helping me with keeping focused.:)

/Rod I know you read this how's it going?

Hi GF - you look absolutely amazing. I am so chuffed for you. Just shows what focus can do, eh! :)

I'm fine, still lurking about but not as much. I am on week 7 now of C25K and loving it. My record so far is 4.5k so I'm edging closer to the magic 5k. Now running for 25 minutes non-stop which I find hard to believe. Have cut back on the kettlebells for the past two weeks but keeping my hand in with Core as I still have my wobbly middle!

Clothes-wise I am between a 12 and 14 depending on what shop I am in. Can get into 12 jeans so delighted with that. Bra down to a 32G now - even tried on a 30 in Bravissimo on Friday! I think the fitter was more excited than me! Now down to 9stone 9 so plenty of room in the buffer. Not having to think about food choices is great. If I want a bun I have one. But just one - the old me would have had two buns, a bag of crisps and a block of cheese! :)

I am keeping an eye on folk but trying to be less obsessed (not that I was but I can't think of a better word) with minimims, weight watchers, points etc. Trying to wean myself off a little. xxx

wow sue doing amazingly well!! and GF you are looking fantastic! and u too Lou!
have still been doing a lot of thinking the past couple of days and having given myself a bit of tough love!! lol ive told myself to stop being silly, that my target weight is as much in the healthy weight range as it is now so no reason y i cant achieve it! BUT my goal now is to fit into a size 10 consistently and comfortably, and if that comes before 9st 6lb then fine, that will be my target! :)
i have been reeling off the excuses as to why this isnt happening, ive blamed being down, unmotivated etc etc but, if i just get on and do it then i wont be feeling these things!!
i know my meals are all ok, i just need to keep telling myself that THAT BIT DOES MATTER!!! stop with the picking! if i want results i need to earn them and thats the bottom line!
i always feel like im doing bad when im really not, i do need to look at the bigger picture, i started 27th march, ive lost 3st 4lb and i have not yet once put on weight in that time! not even half a pound,ok, i have maintained 3 times but thats a good thing!
yes my target to me still does feel really far away, but i have 3lb until my 3.5st award, and thats totally achieveable! then from there another 1lb until a 50lb loss! again totally achieveable! and then just baby steps from there, and if i dont get to target for xmas, so what!? nobody is gonna die, lol i will get there if i work for it, yes would be lovely to be at target for xmas jsut to say i did it! but its not actually gonna change anything! i still need to keep up the healthy eating and exercise, its just the goal changes :)
i do have to keep thinking about it though, i do have to write down, i do have to plan otherwise i feel lost and unmotivated, but hey thats what works for me!

on the subject of back fat... where my bra is fine, its the fat on the back of my hips (and the side and the front) that im struglling with, my boobs have mega shrunk (thats a good thing!) i do need to be measured though, but i have gone from a 36JJ to now wearing a 32FF :) and (not in a bad way) i know i dont have too much fat around my ribs and back there as u can actually see my ribs ..again more like definition than looking thin lol but i keep loosing from the top half and my legs but nothing in the middle!! lol i need to get rid of this muffin top coz it looks like its there even with jeans that are too big (if that makes sense!?)

so anyways im starting today as if i have just started SW for the 1st time, im looking for new recipes, im gonna try out some different HEs and im gonna be so strict with my syns (as in counting them, not restricting them), im gonna take it 1 meal (and gap between ) at a time and i am going to snack, i know its best not to etc, but surely snacking on some vegetable sticks or fruit between meals is better than not at all, feeling deprived and hungry and then caving and choosing something totally unsuitable!
so my goals for today are:
not to pick! if im ACTUALLY hungry, ill have a healthy snack form the list of superfree foods!
drink more water, i have 4x 500ml bottles filled up in my fridge, so my aim is to finish those today!
stick to 10 syns.
try a different HEA and HEB

oh and btw i STS again last night, but myself and another lady at my group that has also been feeling rather demotivated lately have set ourselves a cahllenge to loose 2lb this week x

Hi GF - you look absolutely amazing. I am so chuffed for you. Just shows what focus can do, eh! :)

I'm fine, still lurking about but not as much. I am on week 7 now of C25K and loving it. My record so far is 4.5k so I'm edging closer to the magic 5k. Now running for 25 minutes non-stop which I find hard to believe. Have cut back on the kettlebells for the past two weeks but keeping my hand in with Core as I still have my wobbly middle!

Clothes-wise I am between a 12 and 14 depending on what shop I am in. Can get into 12 jeans so delighted with that. Bra down to a 32G now - even tried on a 30 in Bravissimo on Friday! I think the fitter was more excited than me! Now down to 9stone 9 so plenty of room in the buffer. Not having to think about food choices is great. If I want a bun I have one. But just one - the old me would have had two buns, a bag of crisps and a block of cheese! :)

I am keeping an eye on folk but trying to be less obsessed (not that I was but I can't think of a better word) with minimims, weight watchers, points etc. Trying to wean myself off a little. xxx

nice to see you sue...i took a weeks break from everything a while ago as i was just trawling the internet for hours and it wasnt doing me any good, do you feel more focused now youve taken a step back? just looking at your stats, your such an inspiration!!! youve done so well, well done x

wow sue doing amazingly well!! and GF you are looking fantastic! and u too Lou!
have still been doing a lot of thinking the past couple of days and having given myself a bit of tough love!! lol ive told myself to stop being silly, that my target weight is as much in the healthy weight range as it is now so no reason y i cant achieve it! BUT my goal now is to fit into a size 10 consistently and comfortably, and if that comes before 9st 6lb then fine, that will be my target! :)
i have been reeling off the excuses as to why this isnt happening, ive blamed being down, unmotivated etc etc but, if i just get on and do it then i wont be feeling these things!!
i know my meals are all ok, i just need to keep telling myself that THAT BIT DOES MATTER!!! stop with the picking! if i want results i need to earn them and thats the bottom line!
i always feel like im doing bad when im really not, i do need to look at the bigger picture, i started 27th march, ive lost 3st 4lb and i have not yet once put on weight in that time! not even half a pound,ok, i have maintained 3 times but thats a good thing!
yes my target to me still does feel really far away, but i have 3lb until my 3.5st award, and thats totally achieveable! then from there another 1lb until a 50lb loss! again totally achieveable! and then just baby steps from there, and if i dont get to target for xmas, so what!? nobody is gonna die, lol i will get there if i work for it, yes would be lovely to be at target for xmas jsut to say i did it! but its not actually gonna change anything! i still need to keep up the healthy eating and exercise, its just the goal changes :)
i do have to keep thinking about it though, i do have to write down, i do have to plan otherwise i feel lost and unmotivated, but hey thats what works for me!

on the subject of back fat... where my bra is fine, its the fat on the back of my hips (and the side and the front) that im struglling with, my boobs have mega shrunk (thats a good thing!) i do need to be measured though, but i have gone from a 36JJ to now wearing a 32FF :) and (not in a bad way) i know i dont have too much fat around my ribs and back there as u can actually see my ribs ..again more like definition than looking thin lol but i keep loosing from the top half and my legs but nothing in the middle!! lol i need to get rid of this muffin top coz it looks like its there even with jeans that are too big (if that makes sense!?)

so anyways im starting today as if i have just started SW for the 1st time, im looking for new recipes, im gonna try out some different HEs and im gonna be so strict with my syns (as in counting them, not restricting them), im gonna take it 1 meal (and gap between ) at a time and i am going to snack, i know its best not to etc, but surely snacking on some vegetable sticks or fruit between meals is better than not at all, feeling deprived and hungry and then caving and choosing something totally unsuitable!
so my goals for today are:
not to pick! if im ACTUALLY hungry, ill have a healthy snack form the list of superfree foods!
drink more water, i have 4x 500ml bottles filled up in my fridge, so my aim is to finish those today!
stick to 10 syns.
try a different HEA and HEB

oh and btw i STS again last night, but myself and another lady at my group that has also been feeling rather demotivated lately have set ourselves a cahllenge to loose 2lb this week x

im pleased your feeling better loola, just watch that obsessive thoughts about food, just cos your thinking about it doesnt mean your eating it lol, and yes 'little pickers wear big knickers' as i was always told lol. i think if we all cut out snacks completely weight loss would be easier, but its the snacking thats the hardest bit, my meals tend to be great, does anyone else have that problem?

conlou1 said:
its the snacking thats the hardest bit, my meals tend to be great, does anyone else have that problem?

OH GOD YES!!!
I'm a frequent/constant snacker especially when I'm sat at work, this is what made me overweight in the first place! I still snack throughout the day but now its on things like fruit, veg or wholegrain krisprolls & occasionally i may fall in the biscuit tin at weekends.....oops :)

Clanger72 said:
OH GOD YES!!!
I'm a frequent/constant snacker especially when I'm sat at work, this is what made me overweight in the first place! I still snack throughout the day but now its on things like fruit, veg or wholegrain krisprolls & occasionally i may fall in the biscuit tin at weekends.....oops :)

Haha I'm determined to beat my snacking addiction, I never snacked when younger and was asize 8-10 always. Today I'm not able to eat cis everytime I do I get stomach cramps :( that shoukd cure the munchies haha

I tend to save my syns for evening snacks because thats when i crave somethings chocolatey or savoury. I usually tend to have a curly wurly and a velvet crunch and sometimes if i havent had all my hexa i snack on a babybel yummy. Before when i wasnt saving my syns for the evening i was really struggling and would sometimes over syn or feel down and just go to bed because i cant have it.

So far so good, been on the plan 100% and feel much better (thankyou blue sky). Lou i am meant to be taking vitamin d but have been naughty for a few weeks and keep forgetting to take them so now i have them somewhere where i wont forget x

Safia said:
I tend to save my syns for evening snacks because thats when i crave somethings chocolatey or savoury. I usually tend to have a curly wurly and a velvet crunch and sometimes if i havent had all my hexa i snack on a babybel yummy. Before when i wasnt saving my syns for the evening i was really struggling and would sometimes over syn or feel down and just go to bed because i cant have it.

So far so good, been on the plan 100% and feel much better (thankyou blue sky). Lou i am meant to be taking vitamin d but have been naughty for a few weeks and keep forgetting to take them so now i have them somewhere where i wont forget x

Aw I'm really pleased your feeling better. I expect a loss this week then ;) xxx

Hey Guys. Sorry I've been a bit quiet for the past few days.

Things haven't really been going well for the past few weeks and I've been having a serious think about how I should approach this whole 'Healthy Lifestyle' thing. Calorie Counting has been making me feel increasingly restricted and my head just isn't in the right place for it right now. I've been trying to motivate myself to do heaps and heaps of exercise and it suddenly clicked that what I was doing wasn't sustainable for me long term. I was setting myself up for a fall by giving myself unrealistic targets and things to do.

So, I've put away my scales, I've stopped calorie counting and I've had a few days of just thinking. I want to be healthy but I also want to be happy and I've realised that focusing so hard on calories and pounds has only been making me unhappy for the past couple of months, which is why I've been slipping up so much.

I know what food is healthy and what isn't and I know how large my portions should be. I'll keep weighing everything and eating less. I might start Calorie Counting again at some point when I feel comfortable with it and I am going to finish the 30 DS and keep on walking regularly. My aim for this week is to get back to running on my elliptical 3 times a week which I was doing really well with up until a couple of months ago.

I'm so proud of how far I've come and everything I've achieved this year, but I have to be realistic about the best approach for me. I'll probably keep weighing myself and measuring myself but with much less regularity. I still want to have a healthy lifestyle- I just want to feel less dependent on numbers as signs of success. Feeling healthy and happy are signs of success in themselves.

Hi all - think I need some tough love or at least to fess up when it all goes pear shaped & be made accountable for it - group hugs because I just ate my body weight in cake batter or vodka just doesn't cut it for me. I've lost 4 stone since late May and I can sense myself slipping - not binges just not as good in my choices, the extra slice of bread here and there (which is a big binge trigger for me), 2 nights with alcohol a week instead of one or none. I've been lucky that I have not actually had any weekly gains but if I don't up my game that will change.
My short term goal is to get under 12 stone for Christmas - and still be under 12 stone on Jan 4th which is my birthday. Today I was reasonably good - although had real butter with my HEB at breakfast and an extra slice of bread as was a little dizzy about an hour before swimming and had a small Yorkshire pudding with dinner. So I'm over syns on really stupid unnecessary things, should have been a day were I had enough left for a syn treat if I wanted it.

guess who

the nightmare lives on....

hey guys, thanks to all who PM me to check I am still alive

YES I am still alive, the new job unfortunately keeps me out of office a lot, so not so much time to log on and annoy y'all as before.....

update from me....

15st 7 - so I'm maintaining at best, I have the right mindset to maintain my losses, but not currently DRIVEN to achieve my target - this is 90% being away from minimins i believe and 10% contentment at what I've achieved so far this year

I am not happy with this hiatus deep down, but I admit I am a victim to the almost there mentality, I get so many compliments nowadays and feel great, it FEELS like job done, even though I'm only 74.41% there

just want to thank you all for the encouragement and advice I had since joining in February this year.

I HAVE got 64lbs off, I WILL get the final 20-odd lbs off and WILL do this by the end of March next year....

for all those struggling, achieving, maintaining and targetting, PLEASE keep up the good work, it's worth it

I love you all

faery_lights said:
Hey Guys. Sorry I've been a bit quiet for the past few days.

Things haven't really been going well for the past few weeks and I've been having a serious think about how I should approach this whole 'Healthy Lifestyle' thing. Calorie Counting has been making me feel increasingly restricted and my head just isn't in the right place for it right now. I've been trying to motivate myself to do heaps and heaps of exercise and it suddenly clicked that what I was doing wasn't sustainable for me long term. I was setting myself up for a fall by giving myself unrealistic targets and things to do.

So, I've put away my scales, I've stopped calorie counting and I've had a few days of just thinking. I want to be healthy but I also want to be happy and I've realised that focusing so hard on calories and pounds has only been making me unhappy for the past couple of months, which is why I've been slipping up so much.

I know what food is healthy and what isn't and I know how large my portions should be. I'll keep weighing everything and eating less. I might start Calorie Counting again at some point when I feel comfortable with it and I am going to finish the 30 DS and keep on walking regularly. My aim for this week is to get back to running on my elliptical 3 times a week which I was doing really well with up until a couple of months ago.

I'm so proud of how far I've come and everything I've achieved this year, but I have to be realistic about the best approach for me. I'll probably keep weighing myself and measuring myself but with much less regularity. I still want to have a healthy lifestyle- I just want to feel less dependent on numbers as signs of success. Feeling healthy and happy are signs of success in themselves.

If your not in the right frame of mind and don't want to lose weight there's no point in plodding on making yourself miserable but just watch your not making allowances for yourself to eat stuff you shouldn't, allowing yourself to conveniently forget about foods your not eating and not weighing so you can't see the consequences. You have done fantastically well and it's not going to be easy all of the time, but that's not a reason to give up. I have do e the same several times and all I do is gain then realise if I'd just plodded on at worst I would have sts.

Lots of people struggling atm. Come on guys, we can do this, it's only food! We decide when we put stuff in our mouths and what that stuff is, we only crave foods and feel like we can't resist them
Because we obsess about them all the time and convince ourselves we need them. We don't. Lets have some positivity here...what's the best thing about the weight everyone had lost so far?

largerthanmost said:
Hi all - think I need some tough love or at least to fess up when it all goes pear shaped & be made accountable for it - group hugs because I just ate my body weight in cake batter or vodka just doesn't cut it for me. I've lost 4 stone since late May and I can sense myself slipping - not binges just not as good in my choices, the extra slice of bread here and there (which is a big binge trigger for me), 2 nights with alcohol a week instead of one or none. I've been lucky that I have not actually had any weekly gains but if I don't up my game that will change.
My short term goal is to get under 12 stone for Christmas - and still be under 12 stone on Jan 4th which is my birthday. Today I was reasonably good - although had real butter with my HEB at breakfast and an extra slice of bread as was a little dizzy about an hour before swimming and had a small Yorkshire pudding with dinner. So I'm over syns on really stupid unnecessary things, should have been a day were I had enough left for a syn treat if I wanted it.

I'm starting to think that we don't need snacks and If you had a decent breakfast then you shouldn't need bread mid morning. Dizziness could have been down to anything....low blood pressure, needing a drink, rushing about too much etc but you used it as an excuse to eat something you shouldn't have had. If you must snack a banana or apple would have been better, how about porridge for breakfast? Or weetabix? This always filled me up when on Sw.

Rod the Bass said:
guess who

YES I am still alive, the new job unfortunately keeps me out of office a lot, so not so much time to log on and annoy y'all as before.....

update from me....

15st 7 - so I'm maintaining at best, I have the right mindset to maintain my losses, but not currently DRIVEN to achieve my target - this is 90% being away from minimins i believe and 10% contentment at what I've achieved so far this year

I am not happy with this hiatus deep down, but I admit I am a victim to the almost there mentality, I get so many compliments nowadays and feel great, it FEELS like job done, even though I'm only 74.41% there

just want to thank you all for the encouragement and advice I had since joining in February this year.

I HAVE got 64lbs off, I WILL get the final 20-odd lbs off and WILL do this by the end of March next year....

for all those struggling, achieving, maintaining and targetting, PLEASE keep up the good work, it's worth it

I love you all

Nice to see you rod. Know what u mean I'm currently not bothered about losing that last bit but deep down I am, may e it's a common phenomenon lol. We're dropping like flies on here think we need you to kick some butt once in a while :)

Rod the Bass said:
guess who

update from me....

I love you all

Thats exactly how i feel boss
U will hav to try n get on here abit more :)
Im doing ok on day 4 on plan after struggling so hard!

I'm starting to think that we don't need snacks and If you had a decent breakfast then you shouldn't need bread mid morning. Dizziness could have been down to anything....low blood pressure, needing a drink, rushing about too much etc but you used it as an excuse to eat something you shouldn't have had. If you must snack a banana or apple would have been better, how about porridge for breakfast? Or weetabix? This always filled me up when on Sw.
I do have porridge a couple of days a week (I have problems with grains since I've been doing SW and wondering whether to just cut them altogether as much as I can, keep the porridge and use gram flour instead of wheat - not about calorie or syn saving - just think it's not good for me) as felt awful all last night and so bloated it actually hurt) - had bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms yesterday and wholemeal bread with the real butter.
Hold my hands up to the bread in the afternoon - didn't enjoy it - it's like if I have bread in the morning I have no impulse control around bread and crackers for the rest of the day but if I decide I am not eating them it doesn't bother me. So maybe just like an alcohol doesn't buy a bottle of vodka just in case, I need to be the same with bread and crackers.
Doing ok today - had fruit for breakfast and early lunch of soup and salad - have made the cauliflower curry sauce ready for dinner - going to add some quorn and veg to it. Some SW potato and sweet potato chips.
Melon, pineapple and banana for after.

I lost 1.5lbs this week but my low mood came back this morning that not even thinking about my evening weigh in could shift my mood. Unlike previously my low mood isnt making me crave anything bad, I just feel like crap! Anyways after a long chat with my husband if i continue to feel like this for a couple of more weeks i think its a trip to the gps but i would really like to avoid that.

Lou you asked what the best thing about losing our weights has been well i have soo many best things. Firstly when my son who is my 3rd baby was born in february he only weighed 6lbs9ozs but because i was so big for nearly 2 months i couldnt fit him in my lap because my belly was taking up all my lap! That really depressed me at that time and i am so happy to say that i can now fit my big bouncy 9 month old in my lap even though i still had a big belly but its has reduced massively. Secondly i dont have anymore joint pain in my legs or hips, Thirdly i have no rude relations that i have gone really big! These are the things spuring me on and plus me and hubby want a big family but i dont want to be pregnant until my bmi is down because my last pregnancy was a nightmare not because i was ill or anything but thanks to the rude consultants i was forced to wait for and see and 1 evil midwife! x

I think that's exactly were I am at the minute - am lighter than I have been in years and 12 7 was my original aim & while it's not were I want to stay, I am languishing abit but people keep saying how well I've done, how great I look etc that the real impetus has started to slide.
But I too will get rid of the last 20lb - maybe not today but it's crazy how easily it can all slip away - met a girl who started SW 8 weeks ago, she lost 25lb in 5 1/2 weeks and has given up now and gaining again. I need to keep that in mind and keep at least plodding along.
Oh and having skipped through the thread last night I have to say Conlou has been doing well to fill your ass kicking boots :) but the more ass kicking I have to face the better I think, so I'll stick around for a while if the rest of you will have me. ;)

Back