TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

did u get a loss with the shred? lol for the whole time i did the shred i got a -1.5lb over 5 weeks! but i lost a good few inches, even after the 1st 10 days! and my arms are deffo more toned!
lol erm, actually since my silly binge a few weeks ago i havent tracked cals, i just stuck to SW, i know from previosuly tracking cals how big my portion sizes should be etc, but have actually been a lot more relaxed about it since, as in keeping to my syns etc but not CC to the last gram! and although its not coming off any quicker or slower, its still consistent, and i dont feel anywhere near as stressed out about it. :)

did u get a loss with the shred? lol for the whole time i did the shred i got a -1.5lb over 5 weeks! but i lost a good few inches, even after the 1st 10 days! and my arms are deffo more toned!
lol erm, actually since my silly binge a few weeks ago i havent tracked cals, i just stuck to SW, i know from previosuly tracking cals how big my portion sizes should be etc, but have actually been a lot more relaxed about it since, as in keeping to my syns etc but not CC to the last gram! and although its not coming off any quicker or slower, its still consistent, and i dont feel anywhere near as stressed out about it. :)

I didn't lose anything I don't think and tbh I'm not too bothered what I weigh, if I'm shrinking that's all I care about haha. I'm being more relaxed about cals. I git into thinking I had to have 1200 a day or I wouldn't lose but set myself up to fail, 1200 isn't much especially as I'm really active. So I did some reading and worked out my bmr and am aiming to have more cals and do more exercise, I'm not sure if it will work but apparently not eating enough really does stop you losing weight and I've been at 10.5 and a size 12 long enough. My hypnosis thing is helping. I'm really questioning my choices now and I'm wanting to exercise. Here's to healthier good attitudes ;)

I didn't lose anything I don't think and tbh I'm not too bothered what I weigh, if I'm shrinking that's all I care about haha. I'm being more relaxed about cals. I git into thinking I had to have 1200 a day or I wouldn't lose but set myself up to fail, 1200 isn't much especially as I'm really active. So I did some reading and worked out my bmr and am aiming to have more cals and do more exercise, I'm not sure if it will work but apparently not eating enough really does stop you losing weight and I've been at 10.5 and a size 12 long enough. My hypnosis thing is helping. I'm really questioning my choices now and I'm wanting to exercise. Here's to healthier good attitudes ;)

Great that even if the scales aren't shifting for you then the inches are. And it's good to let loose from obsessing with calories and the scales, your finding a balance of your own which is great - trying to inflict something upon yourself (like 1200 cals or else) just sets you up to fail, as you think you will or your hungry. Focus is definitely the key - I've gone back to my hypnosis cd at night and find I'm much more motivated to exercise - running as much as walking now.

Great that even if the scales aren't shifting for you then the inches are. And it's good to let loose from obsessing with calories and the scales, your finding a balance of your own which is great - trying to inflict something upon yourself (like 1200 cals or else) just sets you up to fail, as you think you will or your hungry. Focus is definitely the key - I've gone back to my hypnosis cd at night and find I'm much more motivated to exercise - running as much as walking now.

Which hypnosis Cd are you doing?

It's strange because I thought the cd would make me lose weight and so far it hasn't BUT it's working in a different way. I WANT to exercise, I WANT to be less obsessed with the scales I WANT to eat healthily. Today I woke up and thought that I don't need cc or Sw or anything like that. I know what I should and shouldn't eat, so why am I wasting energy obsessing about the scales and weighing and counting cals when I could be focusing that time on exercise or preparing meals. I don't want to be obsessed, I just want to be healthy and fit and toned. Yes, I'm quite shocked too lol.

Pah not getting weighed FAIL but I have lost half a pound. Through eating MORE. FINALLY under 10.5 and a quarter :D

image-1426717610.jpg

Hello all!! This week is going to be a good week for me! Making syn free soup tonight for lunches :)

I have a feeling clanger and loola will be hitting target as well so let's have lots of positivity and encouragement this week!! You can do it girls!!!

Hello all!! This week is going to be a good week for me! Making syn free soup tonight for lunches :)

I have a feeling clanger and loola will be hitting target as well so let's have lots of positivity and encouragement this week!! You can do it girls!!!

Hi Sparty!!! You can't beat soup in this weather can ya?

How's everyone else doing?

It's the wedding this weekend. I'm so excited and I'm so proud of myself cos 18 months ago I tried on the 14 dress and it zipped up when I breathed in, but now the 10 zips up, I'm wearing the 12 as I have to wear it all day and night and eat a 3 course meal etc but the fact a 10
Fits makes me feel very proud of myself. I'm still plodding on with my more relaxed approach and it seems to be working, I'm hovering between 10.4.5 and 10.5.5 the past few days, which is a drop from 2-3 weeks ago when the scales were showing 10.7-10.10!! The hypnosis is helping massively and I just feel in a better place for not logging and obsessing over every morsel of food.

Hope everyone else is well x

aw lou thats great!!! :) so pleased for you!

im with you sparty, got lots of soup made atm, BNS and chilli, carrot and corriander and tomato n basil all in my freezer :)

am not going to WI tonight, only because its weigh and go, and i really begrudge paying £5 to be weighed lol, ilike the staying to group after and thats what helps me and thats what i personally pay my money for, id rather pay 50p and weigh myself at tesco haha. BUT im excited about next week, coz i WILL see a 2lb loss (from last week) and i WILL be at target! ive been ok the past week, rather rushed with work, did 33 hours just over the weekend :/ and i am finding it hard to fit SW in around working and im finding when i do a night shift (7pm-7am) its really hard as i cant sleep in the day either side of it as i have the kids, so the day after all i want it to grab something and eat it, im too tired to cook at all, and when imon days (7am-7pm) hubby is useless, when im finishing at 7pm,he has cooked himself and the kids dinner, but nothing for me as he is a "wont cook" and goes n gets a takeaway or will cook something thats not v SW friendly! so yeh more and better planning needed on my part! saying all that though i havent been ,massively off plan or anything, just choosing to not eat rather than cook, or eating 500g of beetroot for my dinner on work days ..that kinda thing, and after 12hours on my feet (care assistant in nursinghome) thats really not enough! so am feeling rather unnourished at the minute and run down. but i did my weekly meal pla did y food shop, have had a good breakfast of lots of fruits and have just finished a big bowl of butternut squash and chilli soup, (as well as made LOADS moreas mentioned earlier) so i have lots of soup i can eat as soon as i come in from work. x

aw lou thats great!!! :) so pleased for you!

im with you sparty, got lots of soup made atm, BNS and chilli, carrot and corriander and tomato n basil all in my freezer :)

am not going to WI tonight, only because its weigh and go, and i really begrudge paying £5 to be weighed lol, ilike the staying to group after and thats what helps me and thats what i personally pay my money for, id rather pay 50p and weigh myself at tesco haha. BUT im excited about next week, coz i WILL see a 2lb loss (from last week) and i WILL be at target! ive been ok the past week, rather rushed with work, did 33 hours just over the weekend :/ and i am finding it hard to fit SW in around working and im finding when i do a night shift (7pm-7am) its really hard as i cant sleep in the day either side of it as i have the kids, so the day after all i want it to grab something and eat it, im too tired to cook at all, and when imon days (7am-7pm) hubby is useless, when im finishing at 7pm,he has cooked himself and the kids dinner, but nothing for me as he is a "wont cook" and goes n gets a takeaway or will cook something thats not v SW friendly! so yeh more and better planning needed on my part! saying all that though i havent been ,massively off plan or anything, just choosing to not eat rather than cook, or eating 500g of beetroot for my dinner on work days ..that kinda thing, and after 12hours on my feet (care assistant in nursinghome) thats really not enough! so am feeling rather unnourished at the minute and run down. but i did my weekly meal pla did y food shop, have had a good breakfast of lots of fruits and have just finished a big bowl of butternut squash and chilli soup, (as well as made LOADS moreas mentioned earlier) so i have lots of soup i can eat as soon as i come in from work. x

Be careful with not eating enough hun, it will hinder weight loss and its a dangerous road for someone who's had a previous eating disorder. Glad your planning more soups etc, its really hard when you work odd hours isn't it? I'm sure you'll be at target and more next week you'd doing really well x

Yaaay Lou :) was the wedding the weekend just gone? Or coming up????

I've been struggling this week food wise - still feeling ropey (and not pregnant) and so busy that I'm struggling to find time to make SW food. I have been sensible with what I am eating - no crisps or choc or junk food - but it's not SW recipes. Bf is cooking tonight and is doing sardines and pancetta with loads of salad so other than the pancetta it will be healthy ish. I'm just gonna have the fish and let him have the yummy pancetta but obv the fish will have been cooked in the fats from it. Not great.

I feel like I need a fresh start (the dreaded words in the forum) because I am letting time run away with me and as a result I am sacrificing my diet and exercise. Think I need some vitamins in me to give me a boost.

Oils from pancetta does not a diet fail make....a couple of syns at most, can you not do your fish seperate if its really bothering you? Put it into perspective hun, I've managed to drop back down from 10.7-10.10 to just under 10.4 and I've not been a saint, if you view it as all
Or nothing your setting yourself up to fail as its too hard to be that restricted all the time. Everything in moderation. Drink plenty of fluids and take it one meal at a time hun.

The wedding is sat and I'm so pleased I'm
Another pound down. Work is going terrible I'm dropping one of my nights cos I just can't take it any more and Sunday seems to be the night I get the most crap. Id rather be at home with my family.

Can you make it Sunday that you drop?

You are gonna look amazing in that bridesmaid dress :) so pleased you made it to the size you wanted Hun. Just shows what a bit of determination can do for you.

Quiet in here the last few days - hope everyone is doing ok

DEFINITELY liking the tough love approach! Think a big dose of reality will help, along with force me to see the truth and lets be honest... I put the weight on and it is up to me to take it off, no excuses given it was all me! I'm simply looking for a way to get my head into it and set aside all of the issues so I can feel good about myself again.. Any ideas?

DEFINITELY liking the tough love approach! Think a big dose of reality will help, along with force me to see the truth and lets be honest... I put the weight on and it is up to me to take it off, no excuses given it was all me! I'm simply looking for a way to get my head into it and set aside all of the issues so I can feel good about myself again.. Any ideas?

I personally find solving the reasons or at least understanding why I over eat in the first place a massive help. Do some soul searching, write reasons for wanting to lose weight down, be realistic with what you expect and don't be obsessive. Pick a SENSIBLE diet and stick to it. Just eating healthy and no snacks will do it, no magic diet it potions needed. I highly recommend reading the beck diet solution and atm I'm into gastric band hypnosis. But that's just me :)

Back