TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Just pinched this pic from another thread:

View attachment 73842

Weight wise I'm almost where i want to be however i would kill to have a butt like the above (pic 3 just to clarify!)

SO my next plan is to incorporate some serious exercise & toning to my routine. Up till now all I've done is long walks with the dog which has certainly aided my weight loss and helped slim down my legs & butt but now i want to get fit & achieve the body i think may lurk under the remaining lard!

As a former lazy exercise phobic I'm unsure where to start so any tips & advice from you lovely ladies & gents would be really appreciated :)

P.S joining a gym doesn't appeal to me so I'd like advice on good exercises i can do at home.

Thanks x

I would suggest either running or getting an exercise DVD. I have a couple of good ones; 30 day shred and Clair Nasir. The Clair Nasir one has 4 x 20 minute sections so you can start small and build it up. To do each section once is a pretty good workout for me and burns about 500 calories.

Remember to start small and work your way up in any exercise you choose so you don't hurt yourself!!

emma_partington27 said:
Gotta say rod ur looking pretty gud :) :) but yeah its easy to let a couple ov pounds slip back on :( 2 bloody easy put it back on than it is to lose it.

I agree with emma, you are looking gud, definitely trimmer & fitter than when you started out, however for you this battle is far from over and you know what??

You'll look BL**DY AMAZING when you hit goal!!

We're all behind you Rod, willing you & each other on :) x

I agree with emma, you are looking gud, definitely trimmer & fitter than when you started out, however for you this battle is far from over and you know what??

You'll look BL**DY AMAZING when you hit goal!!

We're all behind you Rod, willing you & each other on :) x

you're very kind

I think the problem was that I DID lose 4.5st, I did feel well, bought new clothes and felt I looked a lot better

so my mind fooled me into thinking the war was won, sort of

I maintained well for about three months, then to be honest autumn skinned me alive and xmas dunked me in the salt

this does hurt

I refuse to feel sorry for myself but it does go to show even those of us with great willpower can waver - I DID and DO have great willpower, I just need to switch it on

logging onto minimins again feels great btw, I have missed being here

so I think you are right - looking and feeling good is a great start

LOOKING AMAZING?

lets get there...

good to see you Rod :) and have to agree with the others u r looking great! :) i think the whole becoming complacent thing is also down to the fact that you know you look better, ur feeling better, clothes fit better and look better so ur reason to loose weight etc isnt the same and ur will from when you started isnt as strong and i do think thats what makes the last leg so hard! but keep going! r u still aiming for 13.13 this year? x

bang on froot loop, thing is I fell into the trap I spotted myself that many others were suffering from - Emma in particular

yep 13-13 is the goal

well ur already 2/3 of ur way there so that'll be easy ;) ...haha just seen that i actually just repeated what you said :/ sorry about that lol must have missed that bit of ur post! lol

nice to see you back rod. i think weve all had a gain at some point this christmas and new year....but the fact is were all moving on from it, were not forgetting about it but in order to move forward we need to stop looking back.....i dont regret my gain if im honest, its not the end of the world ive still lost over 3 stone and i enjoyed having a bit of down time after nearly 2 year dieting. rod you lost what has tajen me almost 2 years in a matter of months, the closer you get to target the slower it will come off, this is what i was trying to say to smiley when he was getting upset that his losses werent staying as huge as that first week...they dont, the less weight you have to lose the less you need to eat to shift it and the more exercise you need to do to shift it and the easier it becomes to gain as your body just needs less calories the smaller you are...if your lugging aroun5 stone extra weight think of the work your body has to do everytime you walk anywhere? its like carrying a child around with you everywhere you go...if your in the healthy range your not deemed as needing to lose weight so therefore your not lugging anything extra around with you, so your burninig less cals from moving around.

keep logging on rod, it is no coincidence that since you havent been logging here youve gained weight...and be honest was the whole reason you werent logging in because you were working all that time and couldnt spare a few minutes to log in or was it because you just didnt want to face upto it and was a bit in denial? consider my foot up your arse, get back in gear and start cracking that whip

cheers Lou

no I wasnt in denial, I was doing OK for a long time and holding, I was happy and honestly extremely busy

still am

but I will try harder to log on and give/get support

cheers Lou

no I wasnt in denial, I was doing OK for a long time and holding, I was happy and honestly extremely busy

still am

but I will try harder to log on and give/get support

What job are you doing out if interest?

Managed to sort my trainers out they have apparently sent the right size today a d I shoukd get them tomorrow so will be off for a run :)

Went to my first group ever tonight and picked up the new pack. Do any of you go to classes!? I'd be interested to hear your take on how useful you find them. What did you think Lou?

sparty said:
Went to my first group ever tonight and picked up the new pack. Do any of you go to classes!? I'd be interested to hear your take on how useful you find them. What did you think Lou?

I have done on and off, I don't stay that often to be fair, but the last group I went to I didn't enjoy at all, the one I joined in Nov is much better, the consultant is really young and fun and makes such an effort doing little prizes and games etc, I do think that sitting there and listening to how other people are finding it can be good if you're struggling with motivation etc

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What job are you doing out if interest?

Managed to sort my trainers out they have apparently sent the right size today a d I shoukd get them tomorrow so will be off for a run :)

I am a snr contracts manager for a big big shopfitting co

I used to be primariliy office based now i am out 75% of the time as I run a team of CM's under me and basically supervise six contracts managers operationally and commercially

the last job was ok, this one is buzzin

and I earn approx £20k a year more - so it was the job to take!

just signed up to swim with my mate Jim at 6.30am two mornings per week before work

game on

I just found it all a bit unmotivating to be honest. The group was full of people a lot older than me (not that I am ageist or anything) and everyone was very complacent about it. People were saying things like 'oh I ate and drank whatever I liked over Xmas and I'm not back on plan 100% yet. I won't be this week either' and the consultant just kept saying 'oh well, maybe 90% then' or 'you only put on 2lb so that's not too bad'

My sister who used to do SW, said she was being realistic but I was under the impression that the leader would try to motivate and push people onward toward their goal?! It wasn't very inspiring to say the least.

But I am glad that I have the new pack and that its handbag sized :) I am gonna think about going back next week but I doubt I will. Maybe it's just not a great class. Gonna stick to the diet plan rigidly - only had 3 syns today on a green day so pretty pleased with myself. I had been sitting here planning on what else I can eat to use up my syns and I might have a pack of iced gems at 5 syns but tbh I am not feeling like I need it as such. I need to get used to only eating when I am
Actually hungry!

I am a snr contracts manager for a big big shopfitting co

I used to be primariliy office based now i am out 75% of the time as I run a team of CM's under me and basically supervise six contracts managers operationally and commercially

the last job was ok, this one is buzzin

and I earn approx £20k a year more - so it was the job to take!

just signed up to swim with my mate Jim at 6.30am two mornings per week before work

game on

Nice work with the massive pay rise rod!! Think of all the new fishing gear that will buy you!! Still Hunting the bass??

Back