TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

It is pretty good actually. It's really spicy though (i used one fresh chilli and one tsp dried chilli) so I would adjust when making it again. But it's really simple to make. I'm gonna use some to make pasta salads and save my healthy extras.

Think my next one will be garlic and herb - nice with chicken!

hey guys, need ur help...again lol!
while working thru the night, should i be eating, or not? lol coz as i dont get to sleep during the day im eating thru the day as normal, so at the min im just having coffee thru the night...do u think this is right or am i doing it wrong? lol x

Hi, I am a long-time lurker on this thread.

Loola - my consultant advised night workers to see a day as midnight to midnight, and eat whenever suits you. She is a nurse and does shifts, and that works for her.

I have posted here before about my binges. I had a major one last night, I think because I had an undeserved gain (star week), and I had the opportunity as I was home alone.

I really disgust myself... I actively sabotage my hard work. Every time I start making progress lately, I revert back to it.

I am posting to affirm that I am making it my primary objective to avoid bingeing completely. It's so idiotic.

Phew I feel better already :)

hey guys, need ur help...again lol!
while working thru the night, should i be eating, or not? lol coz as i dont get to sleep during the day im eating thru the day as normal, so at the min im just having coffee thru the night...do u think this is right or am i doing it wrong? lol x

Check with your counsellor Hun but if you aren't hungry then there isn't a problem. You could always take some fruit and other free snacks with you to work in case you do get hungry?!

(When are you sleeping hun? Make sure you are looking after yourself!!)

Hi, I am a long-time lurker on this thread.

Loola - my consultant advised night workers to see a day as midnight to midnight, and eat whenever suits you. She is a nurse and does shifts, and that works for her.

I have posted here before about my binges. I had a major one last night, I think because I had an undeserved gain (star week), and I had the opportunity as I was home alone.

I really disgust myself... I actively sabotage my hard work. Every time I start making progress lately, I revert back to it.

I am posting to affirm that I am making it my primary objective to avoid bingeing completely. It's so idiotic.

Phew I feel better already :)

Lottiebird - come on now! Why do you buy food that takes you off track? If you didn't buy it then you couldn't binge! You need to make it difficult for yourself to fall off plan (I am the same!) get rid of it or put it out of sight and DON'T TOUCH IT!!!

I don't know why people call it 'comfort eating'. Do you feel 'comfortable' after your binge? Now you are probably in for another gain unless you do some serious damage limitation this week.

I was feeling a bit like I was gonna break and over syn last night - I only had 1.5 syns left and thought to myself "a couple over wont matter cuz I was under yesterday" but I took myself out to tesco and used half hour or so to pick out some fruit and veggies for dinners the next few days. By the time I got home I had forgotten all about my 'twinge to binge'

Is there something you can do in the evenings to take your mind off food?!

sparty is totally right lottiebird! u need to break ur cycle of binging, find out what triggers a binge then put strategies in place to stop them! dont have food in the house then u cant binge on it, and i know its so much easier said than done, but u need to work out why it is u want to loose weight, why u r doing this in the 1st place! i know you have been diagonised with a disorder but u dont need to live upto it, now u have a diagnosis u need to get on with treating it and getting over it :) maybe when u feel a need to binge or even start eating rubbish that starts a binge take urself out for a walk, a run even, u wint wana undo ur hard work when u get back, and fresh air and exercise will make u feel even better anyway and may even relieve some of teh tension that was causing ur need to binge in the 1st place!

i dont really feel hungry during the night while im working sparty, but i didnt know whether i should be eating anyways as i am constantly on the go? i sleep the following night lol, i cant work more than 1 night at a time so i tend to work every other night, or 1 or 2 nights then days at the weekend, but yeh when i do work nights thats it, no sleep lol, which was y i was wondering whether i should be eating during the night too? :/ if that made any sense to you, hope it did lol x

HI Sparty,
I, like you, am prone to bingeing but am holding off at the mo. Read a great book by Gillian Riley- saying goodbye to overeating and so much of it made sense to me. I'm not saying its a magic answer but a lot of it made sense to me and makes me think twice before I start grabbing any food to hand and so far so good. Good luck x

Hi,
Ive just stared Slimming world on Monday and will be needing some tough love. Can I join?
x

Thanks! You are all completely right! I think I might start going to the gym again and keep myself busy on my nights when I'm home alone.

It's not that I have bad stuff in, I actually went to buy it... How embarrassing! Makes me cringe thinking about it!

Hi guys. I have a dilemma.....bf cooked a gammon joint which was yummy but apparently he put some of the juices in the gravy. It should be fine as I have some syns left today and didn't really have all that much gravy but I'm not sure how to syn this?!

Any ideas?! He says it was a few tablespoons worth for the whole jug of gravy and I had probably less than half of that.

Hi,
Ive just stared Slimming world on Monday and will be needing some tough love. Can I join?
x

Hi emmie. Everyone is welcome - make sure you read the first few posts to get what we are all about. We are here to help prepare, applaud success and kick butts when needed.

Remember to come in here BEFORE you go off track and we will soon have you strong again. Own your mistakes and move on.

Onwards and downwards!!

HI Sparty,
I, like you, am prone to bingeing but am holding off at the mo. Read a great book by Gillian Riley- saying goodbye to overeating and so much of it made sense to me. I'm not saying its a magic answer but a lot of it made sense to me and makes me think twice before I start grabbing any food to hand and so far so good. Good luck x

Hi lucky! I have joined the '100% for January' thread. Usually I stick mostly in tough love but its helping keep my mind focused so that the bad days are directly affecting my target for all to see. No binges from me the last few days.

lasttimelucky said:
HI Sparty,

Ooh I might look that up

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

sparty said:
Hi guys. I have a dilemma.....bf cooked a gammon joint which was yummy but apparently he put some of the juices in the gravy. It should be fine as I have some syns left today and didn't really have all that much gravy but I'm not sure how to syn this?!

Any ideas?! He says it was a few tablespoons worth for the whole jug of gravy and I had probably less than half of that.

Was trying to search the app for stock etc but only got dried stuff, but gravy with meat juices is on there at 5 syns per 100 ml if that helps?

Wahoo!! Well done Lou. You feeling good about things?!

I sneaked a peek last night before I went to bed and it was 9.1. Down 3.5 from WI but I'm not counting it as official. Nice to know I'm going in the right direction though!!

Another half a pound off for me this week. I have to say you ladies (and rod) are very motivating x

Back