TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

I've had a bowl of minced beef,onions,carrots,mushrooms,swede,courgette,peppers with smoked paprika and several glasses of Mulled Wine.:)
Doesn't look very apertising but it was yummy.
Dessert was a huge fruit salad with Vanilla double cream.
Now stuffed and relaxing with more Mulled Wine.:)

Probably fall sleep in a bit due to having too much to drink.:D

Are you formerly known as getting fit??

Well done Lydia and Emma :) TL girls are storming it recently

I haven't seen anything of loola for a while! Hope she is ok and on it. Faery hasn't been on in ages too!!

I think faery has been in England fir a few weeks? I'm sure shell be back on it when she gets home

I have been really poorly today, I had a drink last night, not loads but I had port, never drank it before and I won't again! Throwing up til early afternoon, couldn't even keep water down. I'm so hungry, hubby's ordered takeaway, I wanted pizza but got a wrap with salad instead. My shopping has only just turned up but I have lots in so tomorrow I'm going to make some soups and a big quiche that I can cut up and have for lunches. Still nt able toget out for a run and it's even thicker snow now!!!! And were due more over the next week. Gonna have to do the shred to keep active

I was making a stew for tomorrow but we couldn't resist having it today. That means I have had to syn a wm roll as I totally forgot to count the potatoes and I'm on a red day. (Had already had my other hexb for brekkie)

Really annoying as I was planning on using the syns tonight and can't now. :( I only have 4.5 left for the day now! And because I had the idea in my head to spend some syns on a choccie treat its all I can think about now grrrrr

wow well done everyone! sounds like everyone is doing well aqnd some really great losses!:) i sadly am not! :( not coping too well at all! work is really taking it out of me, im working 36-48 hours a week, which yeh i know is a normal working week, but its during the night and i still have to stay awake during the days too to be mum, wife etc :( i look like cr@p, feel like cr@p and my diet is deffo effected by it! i feel good at the minute diet wise, i have been shopping i have all planned for the week etc, i have even planned fast meals for when i have worked, but when it actually comes to it, it just doesnt happen! im ok all day until it gets to dinner time so i would have been awake for 36 hours, im tired n trying to cook etc, but my body is just craving sugar n everything that is wrong! and i have just given in! i got rid of all the xmas cr@p from my house, then last week MIL turns up with chocs, nuts, crisps, cakes, mince pies etc...apparently she wants to loose a few pounds (she says this EVERY YEAR and never does anything about it!) so she thought the kids could have all these "goodies" grrr! so they have ended up in my weak willed gob!! which obviously hasd made me feel even worse, not just guilty and that i have let myself down, but now im all bloated n sluggish!
also havent been on her much either as i just not gettin the time at all :( but im ready for a tongue lashing! but also some advice on how to stop these sugar cravings if possible?? i know its prrobably my tired mind wanting a fast energy fix, but still frustrating all the same!

Loola, I think your body is telling you it's out if energy love, that's too much work to do around being a mum full time in the day, I know when I was at takeaway on a night and with the kids all day my diet really
Suffered, I was just do tired and the thought of working out what is eaten was to me just am unnecessary waste of time, it wasnt if course I just was done in, so I relate to you and I completely understand why your struggling. Get the junk in the bin, it's wasted in your body anyway so what's the difference? Or go give it to a homeless shelter it even a beggar on the street. Make some Sw quiches and buy mullerlights for your sweet tooth, hot choc is good too. But first and foremost you absolutely need to find more time to sleep. 36 hours awake is not good, you'll be ill, then you won't be able to work at all. Is there someone who could help with the kids so you can sleep? Or can u put them in nursery while u go to bed? Sleep is a necessity and ppl don't seem to
Recognise that aswell as exercise our bodies NEED rest to function. Your not weak for needing sleep or rest, your human. Plan your time you have spare and catch up on sleep, then when you feel better you could batch cook? I remember you saying your bank staff so you get to pick what shifts you work, could you maybe drop a couple of shifts to
Make your life a bit easier??

thanks girls :) all the junk has gone, i threw it all out the other day, i told hubby the kids ate it all n i told the kids hubby ate it all lol!
cavegirl ur right, i do know what to do i think while im feeling ok n positive im gonna write myself a note telling my tired, energy deficient self that a good balanced meal will make me feel better than a load of sugar laden rubbish! i do know this, but my mind seems to think in a completely different way when i am tired. |
Lou, i cant cut my hours, i need the money, i only work for minimum wage (yep, even during the night!) and if i paid for childcare then id have to work more hours, i feel like im stuck in a hole! lol i have tried finding a different job, but i live in the middle of nowhere, dont drive and it needs to work around the kids and hubbys job, so this is it at the minute :( ideally i would work 7pm-1am then i would get a few hours every night, i could cope with that, but my work wont give those hours, its 7pm-7am or nothing :( so yeh only getting to sleep literally every other night :( i dont know anyone round here (moved here in feb) so nobody that could look after the kids, saying that though, Kieran (my 3yo) started nursery last week and goes on a mon, weds n fri, so on those days i could get an hours nap while connor (20m old) has an afternoon nap.
right, well i have gone shopping, i have made my plan for the week, the rubbish is out of the house and i rarely ever buy those kind of things anyway, so in theory i should be ok! thanks girls, also, (if its all ok with you lol) im gonna make an effort to log on ere if im feeling tired n hungry! usually reading the thread in here sets my mindset right :) x

Well done for taking positive action loola. It will get better I'm sure but Lou is right and you do need rest as well as a good diet for weight loss.

We are all here for you when ur struggling - remember that!!

You deserve a medal loola, there's no way I coukddo what your doing. I can't comment on your financial situation as were all different but for us tax credits is a huge help, and if I were to take a full time job wed actually be no better off financially... Might be worth checking out the directgov website and seeing if there's any help u can get so you can cut your hours back. I'm worried about you working then not sleeping. Take care of yourself hun x

I need some help guys!!

I had a funeral on Monday and slipped on syns for wine but not that badly. Then a couple extra one night when I was out with a friend. I still felt in control despite this but last night I went to the cinema and felt so sick that I nearly passed out. So I had some hifi bars which I shouldn't have as I had used my healthy extras already.

Now I find myself looking back at realistically a really bad week and wishing that I hadn't made that first slip up. I guess it's taught me a lesson but I really want to claw this week back as much as possible before WI on Wednesday.

I'm reading my magazines again for ideas and motivation but I only have two!! Any tips/ tough words or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I need some help guys!!

I had a funeral on Monday and slipped on syns for wine but not that badly. Then a couple extra one night when I was out with a friend. I still felt in control despite this but last night I went to the cinema and felt so sick that I nearly passed out. So I had some hifi bars which I shouldn't have as I had used my healthy extras already.

Now I find myself looking back at realistically a really bad week and wishing that I hadn't made that first slip up. I guess it's taught me a lesson but I really want to claw this week back as much as possible before WI on Wednesday.

I'm reading my magazines again for ideas and motivation but I only have two!! Any tips/ tough words or advice would be greatly appreciated.

How many syns are you over for the week? And weigh in is on a Wednesday so why are u still going over last Monday?? Are u sure your bit just having a post weekend, pre weigh in freak out?

I would say I'm about 20 over weekly amount so I guess I am freaking out before WI.

Hopefully enough that it won't have an effect but not enough to stress me out too much :)

I'm actually gonna start 30ds tonight - someone showed me their before and after pics from doing it and I can't believe however difference it made!!

Back