Tractor Girl's couch to 5k started today !!!!!

Oh I see, started 20th Jan 2012

Hello all, pleased to report that I have now completed week three of couch25k, week four starts friday !!! Have signed up for a 5k fun at the start of May by which time I should be able to run continuously for 25 mins fingers crossed x

Hi all, rest day from couch25k today so instead I weighed in at my class and did the RC Zumba class, then had an Indian takeaway !!! x

Hi all, started week four tonight - 5 mins brisk walk followed by 3 mins of running, 90 secs walk, 5 mins of running then repeated, 16 mins of running in total, this was at 10.30pm at night after being at work all day and out all evening, really had to force myself to complete it in the cold, dark and windy conditions and the second cycle was hard but glad that I did x

Hi all, rest day today, did a three mile walk with Leslie Sansone, week four run 2 tomorrow x

Hi all, completed run 2 week 4 now, was a real struggle as was very tired but I pushed myself and made it, 16 mins running out of 20 so pleased with that

Hi all, rest day Mon so went to body conditioning !

Hi all just completed run 3 week four, mentally hard as torrential rain and wind and now got to do a late shift but pushed myself through it, week 5 starts Thurs !!

Hello, rest day from the programme today, walked to and from work (parked 15 mins away) and went to Zumba, I start week 5 tomorrow (eek !)

Pleased to report that I have just completed week 5 run one of the programme - 5 min brisk walk to warm up followed by 5 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min run, wasn't as bad as I had expected but the head wind I was running into didn't help, anyway I kept going until the end x

Hello all, rest day from the programme today so did my usual walk to work and back (15 mins each way) and also went to a Zumba class !

Hello all, pleased to report that I have just completed week 5 run 2, consisted of the usual 5 min warm up walk followed by an 8 min run, 5 min walk, 8 min run and then the usual 5 min cool down walk, torrential rain and a strong head wind made it difficult but felt really good after I had completed it x

Hello all, rest day from the programme today so am doing the Leslie Sansone 5 mile walk ( free via youtube and you don't need to leave your lounge !!) followed by a game of badminton singles at teatime x

Hello all, well am very happy to report that this overweight 40 yr old wibbly wobbly blob has just completed wk 5 run 3 ............ 5 min waik and 20 min run, oh my goodness it was tough (awful insomnia meant got to sleep at 3.30am and up for work at 6.20am !!!) at times I felt I could not do it, would say the worst part was between 10 and 16 mins but he-ho, I dread to think how I would have coped if I had have been carrying the extra 2 stone I have just lost..........

I cannot impress how awful I found week one running for 60 secs, I thought it was going to be easy as I have been doing lots of cardiovascular but I was wrong, it was hard and I was breathless, all I can say is trust in your plan and follow it to the letter, running for 20 mins is not easy and I did have a mental battle nearing the end as I wanted to give up but I just kept fighting like my life depended on it................. if I can do it you can too.

Am running a 5k on Sunday for the local Hospice, will only be at end of week 6 but hoping I can run for at least 20 mins............ good luck to everyone x

Hello all, rest day from the programme today so i did the 3 mile walk with Leslie Sansone (free via youtube)

Hello Ladies (and gents if you are reading) happy to report just completed week 6 run 1, usual 5 min warm up walk followed by 5 min run, 3 min walk, 8 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min run then usual 5 min cool down walk, went ok...................run 2 on Friday then fun run on Sat, am going to use the podcast as I go, will be on run 3 so going to try and follow that which will be 5 min usual warm up walk and 25 min run (eeeeek !!)

Hello all, rest day from the programme today so did Leslie Sansone 5 mile walk (free via youtube) so easy to do in your own front room, you don't have to do all the miles if you don't want to you can simply do as many as you want, each mile is approx 12-13 mins long x

Hello all, just completed week 6 run 3, 25 minute run !!! not going to say that it was easy but I got through it, even mangaged to speed up at the end, I do have a fighter mentality (think it is from being a former single parent !) well I just ran (jogged more like) like my life depended on it ............

Back