Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

That book looks very interesting, I may get it myself. Glad to hear you're sticking to the diet. I had a bad evening last night but i'm back on track again now

xAlisonx said:
That book looks very interesting, I may get it myself. Glad to hear you're sticking to the diet. I had a bad evening last night but i'm back on track again now

It certainly does seem to make a lot of sense, and I'm going to try to follow her advice. Glad you're back on track after your evening off - it's so important to be able to do that, so well done! xx

It certainly does seem to make a lot of sense, and I'm going to try to follow her advice. Glad you're back on track after your evening off - it's so important to be able to do that, so well done! xx

Thanks, I think I've learnt from experience now that the best thing for me is to just jump straight back into diet mode again. In the past I used to get down about cheating and just come off the diet completely. Just two sleeps till my op now eek!

Hi Tracey, Sorry to read about the problem you are having with your leg but well done on your weight loss so far.

First of all I would be interested to know where you are getting your Orlistat from at the mo'? My doctor gave me a prescription for some but it is now not being manufactured apparently.
Second..I thought you might like to know of an excellent forum for advice and support on your knee problem. This is the link

Hip & Knee Joint Replacement Info | Forum | Clinics | Surgeons | BoneSmart

Hope that it proves to be of some help to you.

p.s. It doesn't just deal with replacement surgery but anything to do with knee or hip ops.

Emmaline said:
Hi Tracey, Sorry to read about the problem you are having with your leg but well done on your weight loss so far.

First of all I would be interested to know where you are getting your Orlistat from at the mo'? My doctor gave me a prescription for some but it is now not being manufactured apparently.
Second..I thought you might like to know of an excellent forum for advice and support on your knee problem. This is the link

Hip & Knee Joint Replacement Info | Forum | Clinics | Surgeons | BoneSmart

Hope that it proves to be of some help to you.

p.s. It doesn't just deal with replacement surgery but anything to do with knee or hip ops.

Thanks, Emmaline, I'll have a good look at that site!

I've been dispensed Orlistat for the last two months by my local Co-op Pharmacy. They didn't have it for a couple of months before that, but then had it back in. It's the Teva brand of the drug, not the Roche one (Xenical). I know Roche are having manufacturing problems in the States, but am not sure how this affects Teva. I hope you manage to get some soon! xx

xAlisonx said:
Thanks, I think I've learnt from experience now that the best thing for me is to just jump straight back into diet mode again. In the past I used to get down about cheating and just come off the diet completely. Just two sleeps till my op now eek!

I know exactly what you mean, it's very important not to let these little blips derail you completely - being able to take that attitude is half the battle, I think.

Ooh, not long until your op - all the very best, I'll think of you! xx

I've been for my 2 week post-op appointment at the hospital this morning. My husband borrowed a hospital wheelchair to get me from the car, and it was like being at Alton Towers, the way he was pushing me over all these potholes at great speed - I was petrified!

Anyway, I told the doctor I was finding it impossible to get around on one leg with crutches, so she sent me round to the physio department to get a walking frame. Paul wheeled me round there (more terror!), and we got a frame, only to subsequently discover it won't go through the doors at home, lol.

On a positive note, I put my work trousers on for the first time in two weeks, and was surprised to find they're quite a bit looser on me. I'd already had to move the button a few weeks ago, as they were loose, and now it looks like I'll have to do it again, lol. xx

You might need to get a 3 wheel frame as they fold inwards when you need to get through doors :)

Good news about your trousers :)

I know exactly what you mean, it's very important not to let these little blips derail you completely - being able to take that attitude is half the battle, I think.

Ooh, not long until your op - all the very best, I'll think of you! xx

Thank you! Going to have my 'last' meal and drink around 7 tonight and go to bed early to hopefully sleep although I'm sure I'll be awake most of the night. Gotta be there for 8.15am so I hope I'll be getting done earlier rather than later. Well done with your trousers, it's fantastic when you notice the difference in them like that. I've decided I'm going to keep my old work trousers forever as a reminder of my old self. Just stick them in the back of the wardrobe and drag them back out every time I feel like coming off the straight and narrow! x

Mis-behave said:
You might need to get a 3 wheel frame as they fold inwards when you need to get through doors :)

Good news about your trousers :)

Thank you! I think you're right about that frame, but this was the only one available at the physio department. Talk about feeling like a geriatric - I'm 50 in two months' time and now I have a zimmer frame! ;) xx

xAlisonx said:
Thank you! Going to have my 'last' meal and drink around 7 tonight and go to bed early to hopefully sleep although I'm sure I'll be awake most of the night. Gotta be there for 8.15am so I hope I'll be getting done earlier rather than later. Well done with your trousers, it's fantastic when you notice the difference in them like that. I've decided I'm going to keep my old work trousers forever as a reminder of my old self. Just stick them in the back of the wardrobe and drag them back out every time I feel like coming off the straight and narrow! x

Do you have any relaxation tapes or anything you can listen to? I have one that I use if I need to chill a bit, Total Relaxation by Glenn Harold. I do find it quite good, I downloaded it a few years back when I was having some stress at work. If you haven't got anything like that, just try some basic deep breathing, in through the nose and out through the mouth.

Keep us posted! xx

Well, I haven't updated on here for a while, lol. Haven't had a lot to say to be honest, just been stranded at home with my post-operative knee, reading and watching TV! But, the 6 weeks are almost up, and in theory I should be going back to work on Thursday - mind you, I've been having quite a few phone calls and texts from work over the last two weeks, as the auditors were in!

Anyway, I decided to go and have my hair done today, ahead of the wedding and my 50th, as I haven't had it cut for a year. I've had a big chop, and feel a lot better for it. I put my work trousers on to go out in (been living in trackie bottoms lately, lol), and they were quite literally falling down, having fitted me 6 weeks ago, so I'll take that as a good sign! I have been sticking to my eating plan, apart from the odd planned "naughty" day - for example, last Saturday I ate a 200g bag of peanut M&Ms whilst watching Eurovision. FYI, Orlistat dies not react too favourably to that. ;)

I've still got a couple of months supply of Orlistat left, so I'm not too bothered by the shortage at the moment - I can take them or leave them to be honest, they certainly don't affect my food choices (as evidenced by the M&M incident!), I just see them as an added weapon in my weight loss arsenal - nice to have, but not essential. xx

hiya Tracy, how are you getting on? Are you back at work now? good pointer about the m & m's, I'll bear it in mind next time I'm in the supermarket as I always seem to be looking at those lol

Hi, Alison! Sorry, I haven't been on here for a while - I decided to take a break from the forum, as some people were starting to really annoy me (not on the Xenical section, I hasten to add!). But I'm back now, just trying to avoid getting into any controversies, lol.

I am back at work, on a phased return basis, building my hours up over six weeks. At least I can walk again now, if a little slowly and painfully!

I've been to my nephew's wedding this week, which I've been looking forward to for ages, and it was fantastic. My nephew was somewhat the worse for drink by the end of the day, and he kept hugging me and telling me how fabulous I looked, lol. It was very funny, but also pleasing - his step-brother got married a year ago, and I'm 5.5 stone lighter and 5 sizes smaller since then, so it was nice to have that acknowledged by a lot of people (not just the drunken groom, lol). Needless to say the calorie counting went totally out of the window for two days, big time, and I couldn't have cared less!

How are you doing? Have you managed to get any Orlistat lately? I've got about five weeks' worth left, but I'm not too worried about running out as I think my new eating habits are bedded in well enough for it not to matter too much. I will be having a couple more naughty days next weekend though, for my 50th birthday!

All the very best! Tracy x

Hiya Tracy, glad to hear you're well and walking okay, hopefully as the weeks pass you'll get less pain as you walk. Sounds like a huge ego boost to have people noticing how much you've lost. I must admit I do love it when I haven't seen someone in ages and they pass comment on my weight loss, always a huge boost! My diet's going okay, I had two good weeks followed by a 1lb gain this week, no idea why as I stuck to it all week but hey ho onwards and downwards... I've gone down into a 16 now from a 22 so I'm happy about that. 5 weeks tomorrow and I'll be jetting off on my hols so if I can get another half stone off before then and get down into the 13's I'll be a happy bunny! I had some prescriptions building up for orlistat and then luckily managed to cash them all in so I now have enough orlistat to last me for 3 months. I think once I come back off my hols I wont be so bothered if I don't get any orlistat as the time pressure will be off me. My eating habits have changed largely for the better although I do still have bad days occasionally. I honestly do feel like I've changed myself permanently now though and wont go back to the old me. Sorry to hear that there were issues on here. Are you on facebook or MFP? If you are, message me your user name and I'll add you. I have to admit I love my fitness pal, so handy for the calorie counting

Last edited:
Hi Tracy
I was wondering where you'd disappeared to. I know what you mean about controversies :) I accidentally caused one earlier in the year :) lesson learned - visit the other forums but don't comment!
Glad you're doing better.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya, Kat! Thanks for the post, hope you're doing well. Yes, I stupidly try to share my 30 years of dieting experience with the youngsters sometimes, but it seems they only want praise, not advice, lol. Let them get on with it and learn by their own mistakes, eh?! xx

Well, my big 50 arrived last weekend! I had a lovely time and ate very badly - I was actually glad to get back to "normal" on Monday, lol.

I thought I'd mark the occasion by posting what I think is the worst photo I've ever seen of me, taken at a work do three years ago:

image-1367636127.jpg

I was horrified when I saw it, but it was still a while afterwards before I started doing something about my weight. Anyway, this is me with my beloved nephew, at his wedding two weeks ago:

image-4207720202.jpg

As you can see, I've still got a long way to go, but hopefully my 5.5 stone loss has made a difference. All I could see when I first saw the wedding snaps was how fat I still look, but then I revisited that earlier photo and thought maybe there was an improvement, lol.

I hope everyone is doing well. As I posted in the main part of the forum, I got some Orlistat today, from the Co-op, so it is still coming through! xx

Wow what a difference :) your looking fab!

Back