Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

Thanks, it certainly is a fab feeling, Lexie, yay us! I think you're closer to target than me, but it's starting to feel achievable. My doctor said I may find I'm happy to end up somewhat above a "healthy" BMI, which for me would be 12 stone or under, so I'll see where I end up being comfortable. xx

See my goal bmi is still classed as overweight but compared to what I was I will be more than happy, although I suppose if I am not when I get there I will lower my goal weight. I am just under 2 stone from my 11st target but I have a feeling it is going to be slow now!

Lexie2005 said:
See my goal bmi is still classed as overweight but compared to what I was I will be more than happy, although I suppose if I am not when I get there I will lower my goal weight. I am just under 2 stone from my 11st target but I have a feeling it is going to be slow now!

I know what you mean, it does get slower, but I'm comfortable with that. I've been getting some really nice comments at work today, people from other departments saying I look like a different person etc., which makes me want to persevere as far as I can! xx

I wish it didn't get slower :( im 5 lb away from being overweight and not obese and I wish it would go a bit quicker just til I get there and feel good about it

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

toofatkat said:
I wish it didn't get slower :( im 5 lb away from being overweight and not obese and I wish it would go a bit quicker just til I get there and feel good about it

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ooh, only 5lbs, that's great! I'd like to get to that stage by Christmas if possible, but I won't stress if I don't. Hope you get that 5lbs off soon! xx

xAlisonx said:
Hi yes I am thanks, day two of being back in control of myself and it feels good to be in control lol! :)

I really think if you can get back in charge after that sort of blip, and feel good about it, you've really got it sussed, so well done! xx

xAlisonx said:
Hiya Tracy how are you getting on?

I'm good thanks! How are you? We're getting back to normal routines now school is back, as I imagine you must be too. Back to work this week, after a week off. I allowed myself three days of "relaxed eating" - very enjoyable, lol. Back on the old calorie counting now. :) xx

:wavey:

How many calories do u eat?

Congratulations on your amazing loss so far. You looked great I'm your recent picture. You must feel so different now. How do you feel?

Roziee said:
:wavey:

How many calories do u eat?

Congratulations on your amazing loss so far. You looked great I'm your recent picture. You must feel so different now. How do you feel?

Thank you! :) I currently eat around 1500 calories, started off on 1800. I can't see me going much below this. I feel great, actually, apart from my dodgy knees, much healthier. And of course it's always nice to get compliments from people as I shrink, lol. Colleagues at work keep saying I look like a totally different person, as I've only ever been extremely overweight since I got this job! How are you getting on? xxx

TracyGWill said:
Thank you! :) I currently eat around 1500 calories, started off on 1800. I can't see me going much below this. I feel great, actually, apart from my dodgy knees, much healthier. And of course it's always nice to get compliments from people as I shrink, lol. Colleagues at work keep saying I look like a totally different person, as I've only ever been extremely overweight since I got this job! How are you getting on? xxx

Aww, what a wonderful feeling that must be :)

First week of CC was fantastic. Lost 6 lbs :)

Second week I got a stomach bug half way so eating was all over the place but WI was this morning and lost 1.5 lbs which I am very happy with.

Tummy is still delicate so all I'm having is toast and mash potatoe and veg (haven't eaten meat/fish since Friday evening and don't think I will for the rest of the week) so will see how my loss is next week.

I go away to turkey in a few weeks and would love to lose another 7 lbs before then. Three more WIs so it's possible.

I always thought about going to the doctor and getting medicine to help me lose weight but I'm trying my best to do this without the help of them. I'm glad to read that it's helped you. Do you think that the xenical has been a major contributor toy our weight loss? You're eating 1500 cals-ish so that in itself will result in you losing weight which is fantastic :)

Roziee said:
Aww, what a wonderful feeling that must be :)

First week of CC was fantastic. Lost 6 lbs :)

Second week I got a stomach bug half way so eating was all over the place but WI was this morning and lost 1.5 lbs which I am very happy with.

Tummy is still delicate so all I'm having is toast and mash potatoe and veg (haven't eaten meat/fish since Friday evening and don't think I will for the rest of the week) so will see how my loss is next week.

I go away to turkey in a few weeks and would love to lose another 7 lbs before then. Three more WIs so it's possible.

I always thought about going to the doctor and getting medicine to help me lose weight but I'm trying my best to do this without the help of them. I'm glad to read that it's helped you. Do you think that the xenical has been a major contributor toy our weight loss? You're eating 1500 cals-ish so that in itself will result in you losing weight which is fantastic :)

Well done, you're doing really well! :) You know, it's really hard to say how much help I've had from the Xenical. Personally I don't think it increases losses very significantly, because I've been able to lose weight at this sort of rate in the past, without it - I've just never lost this much in total before, basically because I never needed to previously! I know some people see it as a tablet form of willpower more than anything, because they don't want to risk the side-effects, but I don't really fit into that category, because if I decide I'm having something "naughty" then I either plan ahead and stop taking the tablets for a few days, or I just have it anyway and damn the consequences, lol. Not a very helpful answer, I know! ;)

Keep up the good work. You can definitely lose another half stone before your hols (the difficult part will be not putting it back on when you're there, but hey, what are holidays for?!). xx

TracyGWill said:
Well done, you're doing really well! :) You know, it's really hard to say how much help I've had from the Xenical. Personally I don't think it increases losses very significantly, because I've been able to lose weight at this sort of rate in the past, without it - I've just never lost this much in total before, basically because I never needed to previously! I know some people see it as a tablet form of willpower more than anything, because they don't want to risk the side-effects, but I don't really fit into that category, because if I decide I'm having something "naughty" then I either plan ahead and stop taking the tablets for a few days, or I just have it anyway and damn the consequences, lol. Not a very helpful answer, I know! ;)

Keep up the good work. You can definitely lose another half stone before your hols (the difficult part will be not putting it back on when you're there, but hey, what are holidays for?!). xx

No no your answer was perfect. Just wanted your opinion that's all so thank you for responding :)

Still have a stomach bug so all I'm eating is toast and mash potatoe and veg so will see how that affects my losses!

I'm going to turkey so going to try to stick to lots of delicious meats and salad.. I'm looking forward to the desserts more than anything so as long as we are walking tonnes I'm hoping I gain that much!

Roziee said:
No no your answer was perfect. Just wanted your opinion that's all so thank you for responding :)

Still have a stomach bug so all I'm eating is toast and mash potatoe and veg so will see how that affects my losses!

I'm going to turkey so going to try to stick to lots of delicious meats and salad.. I'm looking forward to the desserts more than anything so as long as we are walking tonnes I'm hoping I gain that much!

Mmmm, sounds lovely - I could just eat some nice desserts (but I won't!). Hope you soon feel a lot better. xx

Well, I bit the bullet this morning and weighed myself at home for the first time in years! This was prompted by finding out that my lovely lady GP is moving to Australia (hope it wasn't something I said!), so I won't be seeing her again. It was always my intention to eventually start weighing in at home, once I'd lost enough to not get stressed out by weight fluctuations, so I decided now was a good time.

Obviously I can't calibrate these scales against the ones at my doctor's, but they're Salter electronic ones that my husband bought recently, so I'm going to take what they say as my new baseline. Anyway, I weighed myself three times, and it was 93.3kg each time (206lbs), which is 10lbs down from my last GP weigh in seven weeks ago. That puts me at 14st 10lbs, so over 6.5st down from my starting weight. It also puts me at just 3lbs above the top end of the overweight category, and it was my aim to get into thay bracket by Christmas, so I'm hopefully well on target for that. :)

We had some people in doing free health checks at work last week, so I got my cholesterol done, and it was 4.8, which I was chuffed by (he said anything below 5.2 is excellent). My very slim friend's was 5.65 - she's a chocaholic, lol.

Hope everyone else is well. I'll try to update this thread more often now I plan to weigh myself - I haven't quite decided on a frequency yet.

xx

TracyGWill said:
Thanks, Lexie, I may try that. As I've mentioned before, I've a tendency to get obsessive with it, lol. xx

I'm back to weighin daily but I don't tend to let it stress me now whereas 6 months ago the scaled had to be locked in hubby's carboot else I lost the plot. Can you not weigh in at boots or somewhere fortnightly instead x

Lexie2005 said:
I'm back to weighin daily but I don't tend to let it stress me now whereas 6 months ago the scaled had to be locked in hubby's carboot else I lost the plot. Can you not weigh in at boots or somewhere fortnightly instead x

I think I'll be ok at home now; as you say, it does get to be less stressful once you've lost the sort of amount we both have - I don't mind so much if it comes off slowly now, so can put up with the fluctuations! I tend to have people looking askance at me now when I say I still need to lose 2-3 stone - think I must hide it well because I'm tall! - so I'm a bit more philosophical about the scales now, lol. xx

Well, I've been to the doctor's today, and his scales confirmed what the ones at home had told me, which I was pleased by. According to this morning's weigh-in, I'm 93kgs, or 14st 9lbs, so tantalising close to "only" being overweight, lol. Also only a few pounds off a 7 stone loss, so I was pretty pleased all in all. My blood pressure was also nice and normal, but I've got to have some blood tests next week to see if some of these symptoms I've been having, like palpitations, could be down to the menopause - oh joy! :) xx

Back