Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

Aquasharine said:
That is soooo late for evening meal. Don't know how you manage to hold out that long.

Lol, that's my regular routine. I do have a snack in the evening, fruit or something, but I've always eaten late - it's my preferred eating pattern. :) xx

LisaM1977 said:
Wow Tracy that is awesome,, you have done so well xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you, Lisa! Looks like you're very close to your target too - hope it's still going well. :) xx

Thank you, Lisa! Looks like you're very close to your target too - hope it's still going well. :) xx

Not too far.. Hoping that my Barcelona conference on cruise ship next week and florida in 6 weeks don't set me back too much x

LisaM1977 said:
Not too far.. Hoping that my Barcelona conference on cruise ship next week and florida in 6 weeks don't set me back too much x

I'm sure you'll cope with those obstacles just fine! :) xx

I'd definitely push for the op as when I was last at the hospital about two and half years ago they said if the knee brace didn't help then they would do it straight away but it did help at the time so I waited as a replacement isn't going to be the amazing thing I want it to be. There will always be restrictions so I'm holding off as long as possible. I do think the time is coming even I can't wait much longer though.

That's the problem with teenagers. You hardly ever see them. They play hermit in their bedrooms and yet still have more of a social life through technology than I do.

toofatkat said:
I'd definitely push for the op as when I was last at the hospital about two and half years ago they said if the knee brace didn't help then they would do it straight away but it did help at the time so I waited as a replacement isn't going to be the amazing thing I want it to be. There will always be restrictions so I'm holding off as long as possible. I do think the time is coming even I can't wait much longer though.

That's the problem with teenagers. You hardly ever see them. They play hermit in their bedrooms and yet still have more of a social life through technology than I do.

Thanks, Kat, I will keep pressing them. :)

You're right about teenagers, lol. She's actually sitting next to me now, which is a rarity, but only because she wanted to use my laptop to do her homework! She also had the crazy notion that I'd be able to help her with her maths homework just because I'm an accountant - craziness, she might as well have been speaking Greek when she tried to ask me about factorising quadratic equations. :D xx

Lol :) they may as well be speaking double Dutch when doing maths homework! They just do every thing different now. Why change methods?? Em was t impressed yesterday. She had had a cover teacher again the day before who bad shown her how to do her maths and marked everything right. Her real teacher came back told her the method was wrong and she had to start again!!!

toofatkat said:
Lol :) they may as well be speaking double Dutch when doing maths homework! They just do every thing different now. Why change methods?? Em was t impressed yesterday. She had had a cover teacher again the day before who bad shown her how to do her maths and marked everything right. Her real teacher came back told her the method was wrong and she had to start again!!!

Good grief, how are they supposed to learn if even the teachers can't agree?! Kathryn wouldn't have it that me being an accountant doesn't make me a maths whizz, lol. :) xx

cavegirl13 said:
I started off at 11st March 2011 and reached 8st 4lbs October 2012.Been more or less that weight since.So lost nothing compared to some on here.:)

Well done, that great! Maintaining is hard work, keep it up. :) xx

Aquasharine said:
Oo I remember those homework days - resembles nothing like I did for O level way back when and you do forget as most of it never gets used. Teachers should be singing from the same hymn sheet those - that's nuts.

Oh, I know - 1978 I did my O-levels and I was rubbish at Maths then! English is my subject, it's what I did my degree in, so I've got no excuse there, but Maths? No chance, lol. :) xx

Well, in honour of my 51st birthday tomorrow (I know, the title of my diary is very out of date!), here are a couple of before/after pics again.

Firstly, November 2009, ID photo for new job:

image-3684835838.jpg

Then, Father's Day this year with OH and Dad:

image-2758746234.jpg

And today:

image-118965965.jpg

image-2959957926.jpg

So that's me so far - 8.5 stone down, 1 stone-ish to go?? :) xx

Looking fantastic :). Wonderful transformation! You have done so well!

Mis-behave said:
Looking fantastic :). Wonderful transformation! You have done so well!

Thank you Tara! I can't help thinking I look like someone's over-inflated me with a balloon pump on that before photo, lol. If only it was as easy as just letting a bit of air out, eh?! :) xx

Wow, look at you!! And sitting in a plastic garden chair - I used to dread those lol x

Back