Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

Lol, you flatter me guys, thanks! I suppose thinking about it, it was February when I got to target, doesn't time fly?! :) xx

It really does :) Especially when you've been as good as you! Do you still feel like a 'fat girl' inside or is that easing a little more now? :)

It really does :) Especially when you've been as good as you! Do you still feel like a 'fat girl' inside or is that easing a little more now? :)

Lol, I do still feel big, I must admit. It can be quite a shock if I see a photo or catch a glimpse of myself in a full length mirror or shop window. But it is getting better, I think the mental adjustment is slowly being made! Our minds are weird and wonderful things, aren't they?! :D xx

They really are :) I know I'm down sizes trouser wise - but I automatically always go to look at the larger sizes online or in shops - And even when I catch up and remind myself, I still find myself thinking "ah whatever, if I go for the smaller size they won't fit - so I might was well buy the larger size!' even though I KNOW that's not right.

That's only down 4 sizes so I can't imagine what it must be like for yourself! :)

Weight down a bit today at 68.6kg (10st 11.2lbs), so I'm a bit closer to my pre-birthday weight, lol. :)

I had a bit of a surprise at the hospital on Friday - it looks like they're going to offer me a knee replacement. So far they've always said not before I'm 60, but after me telling the surgeon how badly it's currently affecting me, and him sending me for an x-ray, he told me he's inclined to offer me a full replacement of my right knee now. I've got to go back in three weeks to discuss it further. Gulp! :) xx

Eeek! A scary thought but hey, you could soon hopefully be a lot more mobile and in a lot less pain. I really hope it works out for you lovely, I really do - whichever way it goes :)

Well done on the weight loss! :)

Oh wow Tracy that's great! I'm sure they are happier for you to have it done now because you've worked so hard to lose weight and it will be a lot easier on your joints as you recuperate, now you're a teensy wee thing :)

Thanks everyone! It was such a surprise as I really thought they'd continue to fob me off due to my "young" age, lol. I'm slightly panicked now at the thought of having major surgery, and the lengthy recovery process, but I know I really need it. I'm starting to get knock-on effects from the way I walk, like pain in my hips, so I know if I don't get my knees fixed I'll end up needing other bits replacing too (can you tell I'm trying to convince myself not to chicken out?!).

Lexie, you'll have to let me know how Kat gets on. How's she doing? Do say hello to her from me! :) xx

It'd be so much easier than it would have been lovely. I know it's easy for us to say so but think how active you can hopefully be afterwards, how you can keep moving around and doing so much better for yourself after the recuperation. For a few months of bad times - you get the rest of your life filled with good times :)

It'd be so much easier than it would have been lovely. I know it's easy for us to say so but think how active you can hopefully be afterwards, how you can keep moving around and doing so much better for yourself after the recuperation. For a few months of bad times - you get the rest of your life filled with good times :)

I really hope so hon! Obviously it will only be one knee at first, so I'll still have one bad one, but hopefully I can at least get some relief from the pain. :) I'm hoping it will be easier afterwards because of being lighter. I made the mistake of reading some patients' comments on NHS Choices, which ranged from having very few problems, to having to have the leg amputated, lol. :eek: xx

I really hope so hon! Obviously it will only be one knee at first, so I'll still have one bad one, but hopefully I can at least get some relief from the pain. :) I'm hoping it will be easier afterwards because of being lighter. I made the mistake of reading some patients' comments on NHS Choices, which ranged from having very few problems, to having to have the leg amputated, lol. :eek: xx

Stay away from the comments section!! :D

Thanks everyone! It was such a surprise as I really thought they'd continue to fob me off due to my "young" age, lol. I'm slightly panicked now at the thought of having major surgery, and the lengthy recovery process, but I know I really need it. I'm starting to get knock-on effects from the way I walk, like pain in my hips, so I know if I don't get my knees fixed I'll end up needing other bits replacing too (can you tell I'm trying to convince myself not to chicken out?!). Lexie, you'll have to let me know how Kat gets on. How's she doing? Do say hello to her from me! :) xx

I'm really happy for this you! A friends mum had a double knee op and it made such a difference to her quality of life :) go for it!

Subscribing :)

Hi Tracy, I've just skimmed through your whole diary. I love your progress! How many calories a day did you have to keep losing weight? x

Hi Tracy, I've just skimmed through your whole diary. I love your progress! How many calories a day did you have to keep losing weight? x

Thank you! :) I started off on around 1,800-2,000 a day as I had a lot to lose. I gradually reduced it, and my current level is around 1,400 most days. Are you calorie counting? :) xx

I'm really happy for this you! A friends mum had a double knee op and it made such a difference to her quality of life :) go for it!

Ditto, my best mate's mum had it done last year. She took a few months to properly mend, which I think she found pretty hard because she's always on the go - but now she's like a new woman :)

Back