training a cat to go thru a cat flap

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by big bear, 23 September 2010 Social URL.

1. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    We've got 2 cats one is 4 years old & the other 3 years old. We had the litter tray & food tray in the bathroom. We've now got a cat flap & r putting the trays etc outside on the balcony.

How do I get the cats to use the cat flap??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Leapfrog

Leapfrog Champion actifryer

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've done this with numerous cats and never had a problem. Just hold the flap up for them at first and gently push them through. They soon get the hang of it.
    I have NEVER tried this, though! How to Train Your Cat to Use the Toilet - Info Barrel

Good luck, whichever method you choose :D

4. sarah83

sarah83 I will be a yummy mummy!

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.98%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    We pretty much did the same as leapfrog with ours - just encouraged him to go through the open flap - he soon got used to it. Good luck x

5. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

Yep encourage them to go through, they soon get to grips and anything like my two love exploring every nut and cranny :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.