Traumatic week - off the wagon - HELP!

Suziedoo

Hi all
We were burgled Sun night/Mon am whilst we were asleep - can't believe how traumatised I feel that strangers have been in my house!!

No excuses here - but I've not been in the mindset to prepare my meals a la Atkins, as I usually would and I've gone totally carb mad and convinced myself that I could eat wholemeal/granary rolls filled with lean meat and salad; have healthy cereal for breakfast with soya milk; Thai food with plain steamed rice and I would be ok but I'm not!!! I feel fat and horrid and as my car has been stolen and I've been working at home this week, I've been falling asleep mid afternoon which just goes to prove that a "bad" carb laden diet doesn't suit me. I desperately want to get back on track, continue my exercise plan and feel energised again but find myself making excuses as I feel I've had a bad week. This is not like me as I know deep down that the Atkins woe suits me so well and it's making me feel a failure even though I'm still 28lbs down on what I was back in 2006.

Any inspirational thoughts would be very welcome right now. I guess back to basics is the key, right?
Thanks
Sue

Hi Sue

Poor you - must have been awful, really traumatic, so you mustn't feel bad about going carb crazy after such a terrible thing!

My 10p worth is don't feel bad, and try to use this time to celebrate your amazing success so far on Atkins! It's too easy to just focus on where you are trying to get to, but you'll find your way a lot easier with the success fresh in your mind. Remember your best weigh-ins and great feelings when clothes started getting looser, and you'll be back on track in no time!

Good luck x

Hello Sue

Read your post and didn't want to pass on and not reply...

How awful for you. I feel for you. I had a very minor burglary a couple of years ago while I was out and that was bad enough so I can't imagine what it's like to have them come in while you're actually in the house. Just horrible for you.

No wonder you're feeling traumatised. You are completely allowed to feel sorry for yourself and it's natural you don't feel motivated.

You need to sort your insurance, car, etc out first. Having to work at home when home feels violated must be awful. So don't feel guilty. Give yourself a few more days (but don't leave it too long) then get right back on the wagon. Atkins obviously suits you (2 stone down is pretty damn good). Perhaps try and think of it this way - take comfort in the discipline of low carbing because you know it works for you and makes you look and feel slim, healthy, empowered. So by getting back on the wagon, you will be in control and will have won, not those pathetic scumbags. I hope that doesn't sound too simplistic or psychobabblish!

Aww Hun I Know how you feel. Its awful to think someone has been in 'your' home & invaded your privacy, It makes me feel sick, The ArseHoles!! :mad:

We got burgled a few yrs back now while we were all asleep at night, They actually boiled the kettle & got a frozen piece of meat out of the freezer, The police said thats incase they disturbed us, they would use the frozen meat as a weapon & throw the hot water over us!! :mad:

We ended up getting Shula (our rottweiler, passed away now) the next day..

My advice to you is to just take it easy the next couple of days, you dont have just been through a traumatic experience as well as your car been stolen..
The last thing on my mind would be my diet, Just sort yourself out hun, then get yourself back in the zone..

You have done fab for loosing 2st, Well Done

Big Hugs... xxx

Sorry to hear about your bad luck
It is always hard to convince yourself to get started back on the diet, but just remember the great feeling you get once you finally get back into the right frame of mind to go for it again. In fact I really don't think there is a higher point in the diet than the first day you say, "I'M GOING TO DO THIS" and mean it.
I was burgled a few years back, it's not nice but it happens, we live in that kind of world. I try not to dwell on these things as they only bring you down. You have done an amazing job so far and one bad week as long as you can get back on the bandwagon again will mean nothing, any weight you put on in that week will fall off faster than ever.

Good luck
Hellraiser

WOW Sue, what an awful experience love. We have never been burgled so I can't begin to imagine how bad you must feel. Your last line says it, but only when you are in a position to get started again love.

Hi Sue,

Poor you - things like that take a lot of getting over. Like everyone says, do things in your own time.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont beat yourself up over food. It sounds like you have enough to worry about. The wagon doesnt trundle out of reach - you can jump back on anytime!

Good Luck with sorting everything out and getting your life back to normal. We are all here for you!

Hey you guys, my thanks to Hooya, Miss Macaw, Kelly 1977, Hellraiser, Jim and jojo-p
This type of response is what makes this site such a great source of support when you most need it from people who understand. And each one of you is right in what you have said, specially jojo in saying that the wagon doesn't trundle out of reach, you just have to make sure you have enough energy to catch it and jump straight back on. All of you are right too about focusing on remembering how I felt when my clothes got looser (and I threw all the bigger sizes away so I'm in trouble if I keep this up!!!!).

SO, tomorrow is a new start and I'm off to Tesco with my induction shopping list.
Thanks to you all, I'll let you know how it goes
Sue xxxxxxxx

Honey these people are the scum of the earth but I see from your last post you're not going to let them beat you down. Good for you!!

Suze, that is absolutely terrible :-( I hope you get some mental and emotional peace very soon. I'm glad you are making a fresh start though :) good luck and keep us posted!

Morning Suze, how are you doing love?

Gosh, as a copper I know how badly it affects people when they are burgled, especially when you are in the house when it happens.
Chin up Suz - don't let the *******s grind you down. Eat what you want to eat - if that is low-carb then good for you. Don't stress yourself about eating at the minute and don't panic if you put on a little. It is only natural when you go through a stressful time. The important thing is you know you want to go back to atkins and you have made the first steps towards coming back!
Good luck with the house. Some people find that a massive spring clean makes it feel less violated again. My mum always says with a confident tone when someone does something bad to her, "God'll have his own back." Ha!

Hey Sophie, are you a copper as well? that makes you and Claire and my little girl. :D

Yep me too I'm afraid! The dark side as I like to call it.

LOL, I'll tell Eleanor that one. She'll like it. :D

Competition time girls? that'd be fun.

Haha! We're like peas in a pod!

Along with pounds lost we can tally up miles run from chasing runners! I must've done about a mile this set!

I've got my first 'fight night' out on the van this sat! Eeeek. I've not been doing the specials long so still cacking it a bit (esp. for the firsts eg arrest, fight, gassing etc!).. I'm working my normal job at the nick (i'm a civvie too) from 0800-1600hrs n then out with my regular shift from 1700-0300! I must be mad.. LOL. I think it helps at times though! :) Just seen you've updated your stats lol.. guess i'm playing catch up!!

Back