Travelling abroad with Cambridge Weight Plan?

BrightSide

Hi all, I've just been on CWP for about 3 weeks (almost) but as I'm leaving my job next week and going freelance, I have quite a few foreign work trips coming up. I'm heading to Eastern Europe next month (Bosnia), then Serbia and then spending 3 weeks in the US in March.

I've been 100% so far and am really keen to keep it up, but know that travel has been one of my difficult spots previously. All the social stuff, plus not having my familiar routine to cling too. On the CWP, though, what concerns me most is taking the shakes/bars etc into a different country. I know the US and other countries can be really concerned about foodstuffs coming in from other countries, and I can't find info on whether it's ok to take stuff with me or not.

Has anyone here travelled with your packs/bars? Have you had any issues taking it in to other countries, or has it been OK?

if I can't take it to the U.S. I imagine I can find something roughly comparable in the shops as a temporary measure .. But in Eastern Europe im guessing it'll be less available.

all thoughts welcome :)

Hiya, anywhere in the EU you'll be fine. As for other places it's usually the dairy content they object to. So maybe have a look at the list of prohibited items for the countries you're going to and check for dairy is the first thing I'd do.

As for the U.S. I think that'll be a bit anti dairy. So you can risk it and prepare for things being taken off you if they're found or opt for an alternative whilst over there. Any sort of protein based shakes and bars will see you through.

Xxx

Thanks - I appreciate the advice. I'll look for the diary info now. Typically Serbia's not EU yet - but hoping that'll still be OK.

hi there

i was in croatia and montenegro last year not sure of both their eu status but think mont wasn t in eu at time, had no problems taking the bars with me
jx

I took all my products on holiday with me and it was fine :)

Back