Extra Easy Days Trefoil's Trip To Target!

Yay for your incredible weight loss Ruth and especially proud of you for realising losing anymore at the moment was making you poorly, it must have been so hard to call target. As Torn says, your health is more important than a number and your photo shows how fantastic you look, so very well done. X

Proud of you! It sounds like it was the right decision. And if, in the New Year, you find that your health is more stabilized, and you want to go for more, you can do. I think it's too easy to get hung up on what those ridiculous BMI charts say sometimes. I think you look AMAZING where you are - but it's your journey, and your choice at the end of the day. xx

Morning Girlies, do you mind if I join in here? I've been reading the last few pages of your diary and you've done so well! I havn't been to group in a while but have been losing slowly on my own. Will go much faster when I get to group again though

Good morning @shiv247 :) hope that you're well!
I bet you're looking forward to getting back to group, you do sound focused too! Are you looking forward to Christmas??

Ruth
X

You look fabulous in the pic Ruth! I think you're making the right decision to call target for what it's worth. I know you were desperate for your 3st award but you look perfect as you are. Also if your immune system is taking a battering and you're feeling the cold, the time is right! When I got to my lowest weight I wanted to keep going but it wasn't right for me. I'm now a bit above that but not by much (will get there after Christmas)...
Glad you had a nice weekend, Xmas lunch with the in laws sounds delicious! Hope you're on the countdown now, when do you finish work? X

Thanks @Poppet12 :) apologies for only just replying, I finally feel almost human again! You certainly will get to where to want to be after Christmas, you are extremely determined! The lunch was very yummy indeed and I finish work on Friday at 1pm!!! Definitely on countdown :) are you done with work now??

Ruth
X

You look lovely in the pic, Ruth. Glad to hear that you're feeling better - It must have been really scary for you!
Your health is more important that a number on the scales; don't let go of that!

Thanks @Torn_Tranquility :) getting there slowly!! Yes I totally agree re health over scales :) how are things with you?? Looking forward to Christmas?

Ruth
X

Yay for your incredible weight loss Ruth and especially proud of you for realising losing anymore at the moment was making you poorly, it must have been so hard to call target. As Torn says, your health is more important than a number and your photo shows how fantastic you look, so very well done. X

Thank you @Tibbs :) yes I think I just had a lightbulb moment of realisation where I was losing weight whilst I was ill which isn't good. My consultant gave me a massive hug, and I got cheered by my group (which was lovely!!) I still need to sit down and look at my books and stuff, I think I will eventually creep towards my 3 stone but I'm happy with this for now :) and at least I can creep at my own pace! How are you doing??

Ruth
X

Proud of you! It sounds like it was the right decision. And if, in the New Year, you find that your health is more stabilized, and you want to go for more, you can do. I think it's too easy to get hung up on what those ridiculous BMI charts say sometimes. I think you look AMAZING where you are - but it's your journey, and your choice at the end of the day. xx

Thank you @Torn_Tranquility i think that's what I'm going to do in the new year. Got lots of new medication (yay...) so need to see how those affect me etc so I can just take it slowly :) thank you for your lovely kind words!! Have a wonderful day!!!

Ruth
X

Well I finally feel ok enough to reply to you all!!!
So doing my best even though I have zero energy :/
IMG_0138.JPG
Tea with splash milk, defrosted cherries with 40g porridge and 1 tsp honey (1)
Off to get myself a subway salad for lunch which will be lovely!!

Ruth
X

Thank you @Tibbs :) yes I think I just had a lightbulb moment of realisation where I was losing weight whilst I was ill which isn't good. My consultant gave me a massive hug, and I got cheered by my group (which was lovely!!) I still need to sit down and look at my books and stuff, I think I will eventually creep towards my 3 stone but I'm happy with this for now :) and at least I can creep at my own pace! How are you doing??

Ruth
X
Sending you a big hug too Ruth, so very proud for you:)
I think the time off plan has been good for me! I'm actually focused on the run up to Christmas and have just been planning what I'll be eating instead of deciding when sitting at the table (something I noticed you do incidently and decided to copy) I've set myself a mini goal of allowing for a 2lb gain between 23-30th.:D
Enjoy your day XX

Good morning @shiv247 :) hope that you're well!
I bet you're looking forward to getting back to group, you do sound focused too! Are you looking forward to Christmas??

Ruth
X

Thank you, I'm not looking forward to the huge amount of people that will turn up but yes apart from that! I lost five stone last year, I just have three more to go and I will be training in the new year for a half ironman and half marathon so hoping to be at target around May :)

Well done Ruth, I echo @Torn_Tranquility sentiments and you look wonderful. Look back on the journey so far, what a trek, it's been inspirational to loads of us. Keeping it going is the key, maintaining and not straying too far. I'm off work and in Keane now and feel that I can start getting myself focused and back on plan. Very pleased for you Ruth.

Yay for target! You've done so well Ruth, such an inspiration! I will channel your willpower in the new year :)
Thanks @Poppet12 :) apologies for only just replying, I finally feel almost human again! You certainly will get to where to want to be after Christmas, you are extremely determined! The lunch was very yummy indeed and I finish work on Friday at 1pm!!! Definitely on countdown :) are you done with work now??

Ruth
X
Hope work is going smoothly for you and early finish sounds good! I had my last official working day yesterday so ready to start getting things prepared at home (I haven't even put any decorations up yet!). Today I'm going to finish off my shopping, get the food in, stick Home Alone on and try and get in the spirit of the season! X

Well I am getting there! Finished work yesterday which included buffet and pub so feel a bit icky today and craving clean food!
Had some salmon and veggies for my dinner last night which was welcomed!!
IMG_0155.JPG
Definitely needed this!
Still not 100% ok on the health front but slowly getting there!! Nipping out for a walk today although the weather is horrendous to have coffee with my parents and then doing some veg prep later- everything else is all sorted!!
To be honest (and I know this sounds bad!) I can't wait to get it all over and done with and go back to normal!!!

Ruth
X

Good Morning Everyone!
Well Christmas has been lovely, my family actually listened when I said "please don't buy me much chocolate" and I ended up with a small bag of cappuccino thorntons continentals and a box of orange matchmakers. Which are still unopened I hasten to add!
I haven't been horrendous but then I haven't been an angel either- I certainly remember being a hell of a lot worse! I have had a bottle of fizzy wine a day (low alcohol blackcurrant wine yesterday and v nice wine on Christmas Day) and I did make Nutella cheesecake but it wasn't a massive one and it's all gone now, I did also have six types of veg for Christmas lunch and we made that much of it that we also had it for breakfast lunch and dinner yesterday!
I had some cheese and biscuits in the fridge but only ate half (unheard of! I also only bought two types of cheese instead of 10 which yet again is unheard of) and like I mentioned before a lot is still in the fridge/under the tree treats wise!
I got some fab presents too- very spoilt and grateful :)

Off to see my Grandad today so I can't make WI (my group are running one this morning) and then I am out for a meal with my parents, OH and auntie/cousins tonight. It's an American/Mexican restaurant so not great syns wise but I am sure I can find something! Can't wait to get some normal food down my neck!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you!

Ruth
X

Well done Ruth, we've got a fridge full of cheeses, turkey still going ( en croute last night, but I had turkey breast and a slither if the encroute)
Just sent my 3 kids off with a hearty packed lunch of turkey, stuffing, red currant jelly rolls, chipolatas, sausage rolls, left over encroute and roast spuds....their off beat and work our dogs on local shoot. I'm going back to bed with a coffee!

I'm still feeling swollen but know I will get the excess off. I've taken a look at my diary for January,mits looking worse than December! Leaving dos, visitors, work colleagues big birthdays...... Help!

Have a lovely time with your family. Merry Xmas.

Well done Ruth, we've got a fridge full of cheeses, turkey still going ( en croute last night, but I had turkey breast and a slither if the encroute)
Just sent my 3 kids off with a hearty packed lunch of turkey, stuffing, red currant jelly rolls, chipolatas, sausage rolls, left over encroute and roast spuds....their off beat and work our dogs on local shoot. I'm going back to bed with a coffee!

I'm still feeling swollen but know I will get the excess off. I've taken a look at my diary for January,mits looking worse than December! Leaving dos, visitors, work colleagues big birthdays...... Help!

Have a lovely time with your family. Merry Xmas.

That all sounds very lovely indeed @Quins all of that yummy food! I'm sure that you will be fine, got to work around our busy lives! Hope that you're getting to relax a bit!!
Have a fab day!!!

Ruth
X

Sounds like you had a lovely (and restrained!) Christmas Ruth! Happy New Year to you too.
Probably a good thing that you can skip weigh in, will give you chance to get back to normal for a bit :)
Hope you have a lovely visit with your Grandad and enjoy your meal tonight x

Hello my dear @Poppet12 Happy New Year to you too!! Yes I am pleased that I don't have to go to weigh in! I feel so much better now- putting it down to Fizzy Water hahahaha! I had a lovely time with my grandad and the meal was good too thanks! How are things with you??

Ruth
X

Back