Triage is at GOAAALLLLL!!!!

Afternoon Jo, you will be back in the 9's by the end of the week, I bet!!! Good luck with the outfit shopping, so much easier these days isn't it? xxx

Morning all, back to work today!!!

Outfit found, I'm going with white trousers and a black and white top....couldn't find a single dress that I liked that cost under £140 and that was without the accessories, shoes etc!

Anyway, also had the most mortifying experience of my life yesterday too.....

*****TMI ALERT*****

Went to a lovely Greek restaurant and had calamari starter followed by lamb chops and a Greek salad. Shortly after leaving and walking up through the busy high street and without any warning whatsoever I had a rather embarrassing situation not of the number one kind! I'll leave to your imagination what happened .....

But now I'm worried about my diet, as my tum has been all over the place the last couple of months, first not being able to go and now not being able to control when I go.....it was THE most humiliating experience of my life!

My OH had to go on a massive unexpected clothes shopping trip and come to my rescue.

So what caused it? I wasn't ill, had no tummy pains just a lot of gurgling and then there it was.....! It's certainly not right at all!

Soooooo, on getting home I felt really quite drained and empty, so much so I went and got a jacket potato and ate it, just to try and line my stomach....and this morning I'm sitting at 10.3.

Confusedandbewildered.com doesn't even come close but I can't have that happening! HELP....

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh Jo sorry to hear about your tum, how awful for you. Good thing OH was there.

I got the same thing last week, fortunately I was at home, but it is scary when there's no warning or pain like you said. It's usually when I have any kind of wheat or sometimes lemon juice. Do you think there could have been lemon juice in anything?

I think I would have had a baked potato too.

Hope your feeling better today.

Gosh Jo that sounds awful, funny though I had a similar experience at home several weeks ago, thankfully I was in house on my own but safe to say it involved a complete change of clothes and alot of washing!

Yes, quite a bit of lemon juice on the starter, but it's never affected me like that??......I'm going to have to eat really, really basically from now on and I certainly won't be eating out for a long while!

I'm dreading the food part of the wedding this week....!!!

I wonder if this is the norm for Atkins then seeing the replies above, I wonder how many more have had it happen and stayed quiet?

Happened to me too Jo... But I did have a bit of it before starting Atkins so I just put it down to a bit sensitivity to certain foods... Very horrible when it happens though and luckily I've been able to dash to the loo xx

Oh Jo you poor love! What did you have earlier that might have contributed?

I tend to get the sudden runs on carby stuff, or if I've had wine - don't have too much trouble on Atkins unless I eat my own body weight in spinach.

Oh Jo, no wonder you were mortified, it happens to my missus sometimes but she is not on Atkins, usually cream or something like that sets her off............thank goodness OH was able to sort you out xxx

Gosh Jo - how awful ((hugs)). Not something ive seen people have a real problem on atkins - altho i must admit that i notice my sensitivity to some things far more - and had to run once or twice : eek:

.............TMI

:eek: i get a dodgy belly in the first few days of real Atkins,i try to avoid going out !
no pains,sometimes the gurgles,sometimes nothing at all,sometimes a harmless fart is not harmless at all.
and having a pro laps on the horizon...well might as well just shoot me now.

Oh Jo sorry to hear that really hope you work out what caused it so you aren't scared to go out x

Owww bloody hell Jo how awful. I have IBS and as soon as the gurgling starts I have to find a toilet QUICK!!
I wonder if you have IBS cos it comes with no warning at all.

tubbynomore said:
Owww bloody hell Jo how awful. I have IBS and as soon as the gurgling starts I have to find a toilet QUICK!!
I wonder if you have IBS cos it comes with no warning at all.

Yes I also have ibs and have a lot of near misses :S

ladyfelsham said:
Classic comment, Lainey :D

I agree!!!! Absolutely hysterical!!

Thanks guys, today I've just kept it very basic and bare minimum.....touch wood nothing had happened today so maybe it was just too much rich food!!!

We shall see......! Thank you for all your comments though, I'm just going to have to keep an eye on it.

triage999 said:
I agree!!!! Absolutely hysterical!!

Thanks guys, today I've just kept it very basic and bare minimum.....touch wood nothing had happened today so maybe it was just too much rich food!!!

We shall see......! Thank you for all your comments though, I'm just going to have to keep an eye on it.

Or put a cork it it ;) :p

tubbynomore said:
Or put a cork it it ;) :p

Deffo Ali!!!!

Morning Jo... Hope no gurglings today ... Have a great day :) xx

Nope nothing to report yesterday or today.....!

Yesterday I had bacon, scrambled eggs and mini bratwursts for brekkie with smoked hot sauce, coffee n cream. A bit gurgly but no mortifying experiences!

Dinner was mini sausages, salad and coleslaw to get my carbs up....

Water and coffee, tried keeping it really light and bare minimum yesterday....I know I didn't eat enough but was too scared to!

Still 10.3, I seem to be stuck again, so annoying as I was down to 10.1 for ages and 9.13 on the gym scales a couple of weeks back!!

But NSV, my outfit for this weekend is a size 10!!!

Hope you all have a fab weekend x

Attachments

• image-4188846316.jpg
    image-4188846316.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 87
  • image-4201577660.jpg
    image-4201577660.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 77
Back