Tried 1 day on the darkside (sw) and already having second thoughts

Dan8317

Hi all,

As the title says I had a go at sw today as I've done it before and was getting fed up of counting absolutely everything but I'm already having second thoughts. I know both diets work but why cant I just pick one and stick with it. I'm driving myself insane constantly thinking about switching but the one thing thats edging me towards ww is that I need to go to group for support and I really like my ww leader and not fussed on the sw consultant in my area at all.

Dont know whether to just go back to my meeting and start afresh or really give sw a go?
Any ideas would be greatfully received.

Good luck on your weightloss journeys,
Dan x

I just wanted to say that you are not alone at all-i am exactly the same as you! Im currently following SW but wondering if ww is for me again. When i start ww, i want to do SW! Have been yoyoing like this for the best part of a year. Annoying and frustrating! X

Its horrible isnt it. When I do one I want to do the other an vice versa and cant understand why I cant just pick one and stick with it. I been doing this since the beginning of the year and its just led me to lose and gain the same few lbs over and over again. Got my ww meeting in the morning so am thinking of speaking to my leader to see it I can have a new weigh in card to start afresh.

Another thing with ww is that I completely forget about simply filling which is similar to sw so maybe having a few of these days would help.

Good luck with what you decide cupcake,
Dan x

I'm the same! Been doing sw again for the past few weeks and yesterday decided to try weight watchers again as sw isn't as flexible as I need it to be. Both doers work you just have to see which one fits into your life better. Good luck xx

So nice to know that im not alone! Tempted by a new ww class tomorrow night but don't want to waste yet another joining fee only to give up in a few weeks! maybe like you Dan, i should combine counting points with simply filling days! It would be lovely to eat real pizza instead of SW smash pizza!

I couldn't get on with slimming world at all! It was fine for a week then after that I really struggled. Even with weightwatchers, the ProPoints plan does nothing for me so I am back to following Discovery!!

Best of luck to you all!!! xx

Hey Lydia86,

Thanks for the reply as you have just inspired me to dig out my discovery folder and go back to what works for me:) Been swapping between sw and ww for a while now and really struggling but was doing well on old plan before they brought in pp.

Unfortunately I have put any weight lost on it back on and more since the beginning of Jan so I have weighed myself this morning and am starting a fresh back on discovery.

Thanks again and good luck,
Dan x

Hi all,

As the title says I had a go at sw today as I've done it before and was getting fed up of counting absolutely everything but I'm already having second thoughts. I know both diets work but why cant I just pick one and stick with it. I'm driving myself insane constantly thinking about switching but the one thing thats edging me towards ww is that I need to go to group for support and I really like my ww leader and not fussed on the sw consultant in my area at all.

Dont know whether to just go back to my meeting and start afresh or really give sw a go?
Any ideas would be greatfully received.

Good luck on your weightloss journeys,
Dan x

That is like listening to myself!!!!!!! I get weighed at SW tonight but have just been searching for offer codes for WW!! Whatever diet I am on I constantly think about what I can have if I am on the other one - no wonder I never lose weight lol!!

OMG I thought I was the only person going through the same thing, its such a relief to find that other people do the same way Boo xx

Hey all,

Well today I finally made the step to picking one diet to stick to. It sounds really supid but its something that I've never done before and it was to throw out all my diet books other than my pp ww folder so I got nothing to refer to in order to switch back and forth anymore. Even got rid of my ww discovery stuff aswel as I have to switch to a new meeting in the morning (long story) so Im going to use it as a fresh start. Its my 30th next year and I'm refusing to be fat and 30 lol. Wish me luck,

Dan x

Well just found this thread that I started and can't believe I'm still doing the same thing and swapping back and forth. Why can't I get out of this mentality?

When I think of the weight I could of lost if I had stuck to one and not messed round I could kick myself.

Any suggestions?

Dan x

I just wanted to say that you are not alone at all-i am exactly the same as you! Im currently following SW but wondering if ww is for me again. When i start ww, i want to do SW! Have been yoyoing like this for the best part of a year. Annoying and frustrating! X

Can,t believe i,ve just read your post as I sit here deliberating exactly the same thing .When i begin one plan I miss what i could eat on the other! (ie a decent amount of pasta on SW and more alcohol on WW! lol!)I think we need to get a bit of tunnel vision going on and pick a plan and stick with it.Easier said than done though!
Sal x

I used to do it too. I think it is because we all want that quick fix. The plan that is going to solve the weight issue like that *clicks fingers*. When we start a new diet plan we are enthusiastic and convince ourselves that this time it is for keeps. This time it WILL work. So switching from one plan to another helps to give us that feeling of positivity.

But you are right, they all work. However I think that some of them don't work for everyone. As a compulsive overeater it was absolutely no surprise that SW did NOT work for me. But now after 7 months on WW I am stuck in the trap of food obsession and not daring to eat anything if I don't know the points.

It IS really hard, but you just have to figure out what is right for you. And ONLY you can do that. :)

Dan I am exactly the same! I have decided that this is the last time! I took a good look at myself and really thought anout how unhappy I am. I also stop and think if I really want that chocolate bar or those crisps rather than just grabbing and not thinking like I did before. It seems to be helping so far. Feel free to add me if you could do with a buddy x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I joined slimming world a few weeks ago and i'm giving up and going back to weight watchers after xmas.

I have too many meals out before xmas so not really worth starting now. I am going to try and eat sensible though.

I got fed up counting points after 8 months. So thought i'd give slimming world a go. But my problem is i'm a cheater! I knew on weight watchers if i ate crap i starved so i tried not to. On slimming world i cheated went over my syns then ate loads of 'free' food.

So back to weight watchers again. I did go to meetings and lost 2 st 7lb but considering meetings in the new year x

Ive lost all my weight on SW and thats what has worked for me and what works for one doesnt work for the other. This might sound mad but would it work if you did a combination of the 2 plans? 2 days on one, 2 days on the other or whatever combination you want and you are sort of getting the best of both. I dont know if this would work but if you try it and get losses it could be the best for you. All you can do is what you think is best, maybe a new plan altogether like cal counting.

Back