Trimlee's exercise diary

trimlee

Love God; Love People
week 1:
Monday: Zumba -1hr (able to do the whole class this time without getting tired, even if I didn't get all the steps! great fun!)
Feeling great and worn out tonight ;)!

Bought a pair of 3kg hand weights and an exercise mat from Decathlon today to work out at home with to a body toning DVD.

Zumba sounds cool - don't think there any classes near me! Going to try and pluck up the courage to go to some kind of class this week!

Well done

Carol x

You go girl! I did feel a bit self-conscious at first but then I thought 'every journey starts with the first step -I can't expect to do a class as easily as the regulars, I'll do what I can and enjoy myself. I've done well to show up at all' -or something along those lines. The people in the exercise class who do it all so seamlessly once stared off like us, so there!
Try out various ones and stick with what you enjoy and that gives you a good workout. WE CAN DO THIS!

Week 1
Tuesday-planned to do toning DVD workout at home but ran out of time. So -zilch!
Wednesday - Spinning class -45mins. Pucshed myself to use higher resistance today! Toning class -1hr. Felt VERY tired and went to bed early.

Week 1
Thursday morning: weights for 15 mins (my 3kg pair of dumbells) Backache aftwerwards...

Last edited:
Week 1
Friday: didn't go to my usual class, resting my back!
Sat:Just housework (every little helps...!)
Sun: as above.

Week 2
Monday: felt a bit tired so didn't go to my usual Zumba session. Worked out at home to my toning DVD. Did only about 20 mins...

Week 2
Tuesday: nil
Wednesday: spinning

week 2
Thursday:nil
Friday: @ Dr's -having my back checked

week 2
sat: @legoland! (does the walking around count?)
sun: housework (every little helps!)

week 3
monday: zumba (brilliant, had great fun!)

Last edited:
week 3
Tuesday: nil
Wednesday: spinning - and I worked extra hard this time, good!

Week 3
Thursday: Walk & Jog: 30 mins.
I have decided to use an interval-training podcast. I went this morning and quite enjoyed it even though I did get a bit out of breath. I felt all revved up and virtuous after the session!
There are 2 running podcasts programmes that are available to download for free from iTunes:
1) Podcasts for running - Couch to 5k. A nine-week programme.
I thought this was very good as the guy uses lots of verbal prompts and ypou know exactly where you are, but I didn't enjoy the music, I found it a bit harsh and acidic!
2) Podrunner intervals -it has 3 programmes: First day to 5K, Gateway to 8K, and Freeway to 10K.
This covers a lot more as you have a programme that can train you up to 10K. The music is not as harsh and it has the beats specifically timed. There are less voice prompts though.
On the whole, either of these progrmmes is excellent. I plan to continue with the Podrunner intervals.

Cheers Bren!

week 3
Friday: nil
Saturday: podrunner intervals: 30 mins (wk 1, session 2), and 30 mins extra
sunday: cycling with family; great fun! Only about 40 mins but enjoyed the company and having the children towed along by my husband in their little carrier.

week 4
Monday: Zumba -had a blast! (Latino aerobic dance class, 1hr) Was absolutely tired afterwards and had a very deep sleep...
Tuesday: podrunner intervals: 30 mins (wk 1, session 3), hard starting up but got better as I continued. Extra 30 mins.

week 4
Wednesday: Totally Toned class. Nice.

week4
Thursday: Nil
My thighs and shoulders are aching today from yesterday's squats and weights. If this is the price to pay for sending that jiggly thigh fat and those bingo wings packing then it is so worth it!

Last edited:
Wk 4
Friday: podrunner intervals week 2 session 1. Feeling good!

Back