Trimlee's refeed

Steep learning curve for us hey! We'll definitely succeed though!

I've just realised that I've not been posting here about my exercise routines which, I think are as important to maintenance as watching what we eat. I've been posting 'Trimlee's exercise diary' on the fitness and exercise thread which comes under 'Health, Nutrition & Recipes'.

Today I'm starting a running programme 'Couch to 5k' which is meant to turn couch potatoes like me into runners! I'm hoping that in a couple of weeks I won't be huffing and puffing and wheezing and gasping after a few minutes running. I remember one day when I'd run for the train a very concerned passenger asked if I was alright, oooh.....!

Yay,I've started running, finally! I have decided to use an interval-training podcast. I went this morning and quite enjoyed it even though I did get a bit out of breath. I felt all revved up and virtuous after the session!
There are 2 running podcasts programmes that are available to download for free from iTunes:
1) Podcasts for running - Couch to 5k. A nine-week programme.
I thought this was very good as the guy uses lots of verbal prompts and ypou know exactly where you are, but I didn't enjoy the music, I found it a bit harsh and acidic!
2) Podrunner intervals -it has 3 programmes: First day to 5K, Gateway to 8K, and Freeway to 10K.
This covers a lot more as you have a programme that can train you up to 10K. The music is not as harsh and it has the beats specifically timed. There are less voice prompts though.

On the whole, either of these progrmmes is excellent. I plan to continue with the Podrunner intervals.

Yesterday I ate rice as if it was going out of fashion. Today I am behaving myself.
Breakfast = maintenance bar (yummy!)
Snack = snackerkack ricecake
Lunch = Veggie hotpot (mixed veg plus chickpeas and baby potatoes -all stewed) and a piece of grilled chicken. Was very nice.
Snack =plan to have a yoghurt
Dinner = plan to have sweetcorn cob + green beans + grilled chicken

Well done with the refeed. Great thread. Glad to hear ur back was ok. You did great on the diet. Great result.
Fair play to ya.

Thanks Teg. How are you finding the TFR 2nd time around?

Stayed much the same this week. Last week weight= 65.45kg. This week weight =65.40kg!
I plan to be super-good this week, lol!, combined with exercise - I'll see what the scales have to say to that!
PS: I'm having a bit of trouble updating my ticker. Will try again...

Did toning class yesterday. My thighs and shoulders are aching today from yesterday's squats and weights. If this is the price to pay for sending that jiggly thigh fat and those bingo wings packing then it is so worth it!

Cheers Cankster, you're looking good in your new picture. I'm really glad we've all got this maintenance forum for support!

Starting to weight-train now. Building up lean muscle mass is the way forward. I've just read the book 'Strong women stay slim'. Also on week 2 of my 9 week podrunner interval programme.
With eating I can probably say I've been 80% good, 20% not, so far this week. Now I need to put in a good weekend so that my WI on Monday is a happy one!

Last edited:
uh oh:sigh: I did not stick to eating well and the scales say 65.7kg (up from 65.4kg). OK not too bad, but I still want to lose some kgs. I would love to get down to 62kg and reduce body fat from 33% down to 25%.
On with the journey..!:)

Spinning class this a.m, my thighs mega-ached but I imagined the fat cells melting away with each revolution and that kept me pushing those pedals! Also pleased that I resisted eating the children's biscuits this morning. Bon!

Last edited:
Away for a week. Trying hard not to eat junk and to keep active. No weigh-in for me on monday so when I get back the scales ill reprt on what I have done to my body in 2 weeks -ahh! Will try hard. Here goes.....

Thanks Pinkiepie. There's loads of junk food out here and it is a challenge to eat healthily!

Back tomorrow and WI on Monday. A week of a mixture of good exercise and not-so-good eating; we'll see what the scales say!

Only got my WI done today. The verdict: 65.75kg! Last WI 17 days ago was 65.70kg. I am so relieved! When I got back from my break I ate in a very out-of-control way for a few days. Even now it is a challenge to stay on track, but stay on track I will!
Done a couple of days exercise but feel bloated round my tummy. Game plan: stay on course for the rest of the week and exercise vigorously -aarrhh!!

What! Not posted here for a whole week! WI today 65.8kg. Hmm, slow creep up on the scales, not good. Going into 'operation drive down' to push the reading down now. Ended TFR with weight of 65.5kg. 0.3kg is not a massive gain but bearing in mind that I'm not at my target weight yet, I need to push it down. OK my plan is to drive down the weight this week with smart eating choices and exercise.
My 'drive down' batle plan:
Smart eating: sensible portion sizes, more fruits and veggies, more water, avoid breakfast cereals, avoid biscuits and chocolate
Exercise -Mon: Zumba class, Tues: jogging + weights, weds: totally toned class, thu: jogging, fri: rest, sat: jogging, sun:rest

How wonderful it would be to have 65.0 at next WI! Here goes.....

Back