Triplestep is exercising to lose weight!

I think I will turn up when it's a bit warmer :) ideally I'd like to be able to complete 5km around 35-40mins comfortably in the gym, then I would be more comfortable doing it outside.
This is the parkrun website parkrun UK

Under 9000 steps today.

I've been taking time out for lunch time strolls so far this week, as I'm on annual leave. I walk quite fast paced and for example today I walked for 45-50 mins and it racked up 6000 steps or so :confused: in my usual morning when I walk to the station to catch my train- a 6-7minute walk it racks up close to 900- 1000 steps, it just seems easier to rack up steps throughout the day, by just being on my feet. Usually by the end of the day (if I were at work) it could reach 11,000-12,000. When I concentrate on taking time to earn extra steps it's much harder work! :sigh:

Week 7 Update
Weight: 174lbs. (Up by 0.2lbs from a fortnight ago - last week I didn't weigh in)

Total Calorie burn:
18,124 (Daily Average 2,589) Target not reached by 3,876 calories
Total Weekly Steps Taken: 68,212 steps. (Daily Average 9,744) Target not reached by 31,788

I don't know why I keep setting targets that I can't reach! :cry:But this week will be better I can feel it! :)

Week 8 Targets ends Midnight Saturday 23rd Feb

Total Calorie Burn for 7 days; 20,000 (Daily Average 2,857)
Total Steps for 7 days; 85,000 (Daily Average 12,142)

Week 8 Activity Schedule

Mon - Badminton
Tue -
Wed -
Gym
Thurs - Badminton
Fri -

Sat -
Jog (with interval walking) (30mins)

Lowering my targets a little bit, until I get used to getting back to some sort of regime. My calorie burn may not have been that high this past week, but my food intake has much improved, the other day it was under 1,700 calories (it's been a long time since my day's food consumption was below 2,000!) I also set some guidelines in my food diary, which I have been following. I would like my initial goal weight to be 160lbs for 1st May 2013.

Knackered. On train going home, just finished the badminton session. 823 calories burnt in the 3hr session. Steps so far today 19,953 Yay!

Week 8 Update
Weight: 174lbs. (STS)

Total Calorie burn:
(Daily Average 3,066) Target reached and exceeded by 1,465 calories
Total Weekly Steps Taken: 86,669 steps. (Daily Average 12,381) Target reached and exceeded by 1,669 steps

Week 9 Targets ends Midnight Saturday 3rd March

Total Steps for 7 days; 100,000 (Daily Average 14,285)

I'm upping the step count again for this week, I'm on late shift this week, so I usually can cram in a gym session or some more walking than when on an early shift.

I've also decided not to put down an activity schedule for the week, but I will update when I get my lazy butt moving! :) it's just too disheartening when I put down a schedule and I can't complete anything!
:sigh:

On the up side, I did do much better than the previous weeks, so onwards and upwards and all that :)

Mon 25th Feb.
I went to the gym after work. Spent my time just on cardio equipment.
Warmed up on the cross trainer 12mins.
Completed 3km on the treadmill in exactly 24mins; Average incline 1% Continued to walk another 1.5km
Finished with a plank for 45secs - just the one today. Next time I'll attempt a second rep.
Calorie burn for the session 534cals.

Last edited:
I've been doing quite well with upping my step count. Yesterday and today I walked part of the way to and from work. I reckon extra 5000-7000 steps added to each day. Today my step count was 17,284. Yay me!:D

I've been doing quite well with upping my step count. Yesterday and today I walked part of the way to and from work. I reckon extra 5000-7000 steps added to each day. Today my step count was 17,284. Yay me!:D

wooo thats loads well done :) x

Week 9 Update
Weight: 172.6lbs/12stone 4.6 (loss of 1.4lbs)

Total Calorie burn for the week:
21,536 (Daily Average 3,076) Target reached and exceeded by 1,536 calories
Total Weekly Steps Taken: 101,473 steps. (Daily Average 14,496) Target reached and exceeded by 1,473 steps

Week 10 Targets ends Midnight Saturday 9th March

Total Steps for 7 days; 100,000 (Daily Average 14,286) will be hard to reach goal, as I don't walk as much on an early shift

Again, I didn't manage to do much scheduled activity, and it's been rubbish that the badminton club has been full and I've not gotten to play :( I really should try and use the gym, it's nearly the cheapest option (not counting 'free' such as wii, jogging, walking etc.) There is a social jogging group started up a couple of months ago, I don't know if I can get to the session in time.... also I'll have to wear a rucksack to jog as I need all my bits - phone, keys, travelcard (I will have to get 2 buses to get to the meeting point) I'll have a think about it.

I was able to get into a badminton session for next Monday evening! I also signed up for a treasure hunt this coming Saturday at a London museum. That should get my step count up :D
Surprised to have walked over 15,500 steps today. Didn't feel like I did much walking!

I went to the treasure hunt, I didn't rack up as many steps as I thought I would maybe 7000 steps whilst doing so, but I did stay out and about and when I last looked my step count was at 21935 steps! :D

wow I really want one of those body bug things. I always wondar how accurate they are. I never believe myfitnesspal when it says 30mins of circuit training burns 350cals.

wow I really want one of those body bug things. I always wondar how accurate they are. I never believe myfitnesspal when it says 30mins of circuit training burns 350cals.

I'm sure I read somewhere it's one of the most accurate devices you can buy. The bodybug/Ki fit people also developed those pods you sit in to analyze body fat, but at £99 pounds for 10mins it's not something I would pay out for.

I packed my gym stuff for a session after work. I wonder what excuse i'll come up with later? Hmmmm.....

Wednesday 20th March
I went to the gym! :) Knackered now.
Warmed up on Xtrainer
Plank x3 sets of 45secs
Medicine ball twists x3 sets of 15
Treadmill 3km, I didn't think I'd be able to jog the same as a few weeks ago, but I beat my PB by 5 seconds. PB now stands at 23:44 seconds :D
Session 1hr & 10mins, Calories burnt exactly 500 cals.

Off to gym, my legs are freezing -my trakkies only go down to my knees. Might just use the treadmill for some walking i don't feel that energetic at the moment

I did go to the gym Tuesday morning. I tried a few extra moves to get my body use to exercise again.
Warmed up Xtrainer and treadmill.
Squats 1 set
Lunges 1 set
Plank x3 of 45 seconds - the last set i could only manage 30 or so seconds
Chest press 1 set
Chest flys 1 set
Tricep dips x3 sets for 45 seconds, the last set only managed about 30seconds too.
Treadmill; 3km took 24:30 seconds
A bit more walking on an incline. Session 1hr 5mins, Calorie burn 471.
I also booked a Personal training session for Saturday, my trainer finally tracked me down after I have avoided him since October!

I survived my personal training session. He was very easy on me, because August was the last session I had with him - not October, so again just getting the hang of everything again. By the end of the session I had only burnt 380cals, so I walked/jogged for 2km on the treadmill took 17mins and did 1 set of reverse curls.
The training session consisted of some cardio: Jumping jacks, sprinting on the spot, power jacks, using the step platform and some side to side jumpy things.
Resistance: Squat thrusts, lateral raises, bicep curls, dead lifts, walking lunges, one leg knee bends thing with a chair, tricep dips, crunches on swiss ball and plank.
Also did a little sparring. If I think of what else I did I'll edit post later. Mainly 1 set of 15 reps.
Calorie burn for the hour and a half 564cals.

I was talking about a trampoline to a work colleague the other day. I'll see how much activity I do over the next few weeks, if they remain low I'll look into other options, trampoline does look fun!

Back