Triplestep is exercising to lose weight!

Fri 5th April
I made it to the gym for a workout after work, definitely harder to work out at the gym after work, but glad I did it. The gym has just extended it's Friday closing time, so if I am on an early shift I can still make it.
Warmed up on Xtrainer
Plank x2 sets of 45secs
Treadmill completed 3.5km, but at the 3km point I checked to see what the time was and it was another PB for me, 23:22, beat previous time by 11 seconds. Jogged throughout, I didn't walk any of it this time round. The whole 3.5km took 27:33secs.
Walked another 8mins then cooled down
Session 1hr 10mins, 569cals burnt.

Next week, I'll increase it to 4km on days I'm not doing any resistance training.

Took an extra detour and walked part of the way to work, and I also took a lunch time walk as I wanted to get out of the stuffy staff room. 21,000 steps so far :)

I went to the gym today, short of time, so did mostly cardio.
Warmed up on the treadmill, stretches and carried on with the treadmill. I completed 4km in 31.01secs and at 3km the time was 22:34secs. No time for anything else except a few stretches. Session approx 50mins. Calories burnt 507.

Thursday 11th April
Warmed up on the treadmill and carried on with the treadmill for 8 more minutes, a mix of jog and walking on incline 4.5% and more.
Stretches. Then:
Squats x 10
Upright Rows x 3 sets (3kg)
Lateral and Front Raises (2 Way) x3 sets (3kg)
Low row x3 sets (20kg)
Plank x 2 sets (45 secs)
Deadbug x 3 sets (lowering legs in 20 secs after every set)
Russian Twists with 2kg medicine ball x 3 sets
Stretch
Session approx 50mins. Calories burnt 280.

On Friday, I walked an extra 30mins and also booked a personal training session. Today was pretty quiet not much activity despite helping out at a communal garden for a couple of hours, ended up eating any calories burnt in the form of the organizer's homemade ginger cake and sugary tea and I don't even take sugar! Anyway, when I got home I did 30mins jogging on the Wii to make up for it. Only 7909 steps today... not very much.

2 hours walk after lunch (Sun) Today I'm playing badminton after work, not been for a while, looking forward to it! :)

So tired today, didn't really concentrate on my games. Calories burnt 747 for a 3 hour session.

I've not made it to the gym this past week,on Friday i was supposed to have a gym training session,but that was cancelled. Saturday and Sunday I went for an hour and a half's stroll and yesterday I went to badminton training for an hour. The badminton session I burnt 320 calories.

Since last post, i've done a bit of walking, at least 2hrs gym and 2hrs of badminton. Gym stats, I will need to update.
Just finished another hour long session of badminton; calorie burn of 450cals including a 50mins walk.

Bank holiday I went for a long walk, around 2 and half hrs. Today I went to the gym. I didn't leave much time for a work out again, only had 45mins for a workout, mainly using the treadmill for gentle/moderate jogging. Some lunges, squats, medicine ball twists and pelvic lifts. Calories burnt in the session 338cals.

Fri 10th May - Gym session 50mins, calories burnt only 289. Mainly due to being a resistance training session for me.

Sat 11th May- Treasure hunt, about 3hrs of walking, clocking over 17,000 steps

Sun 12th May- Gym PT, 70mins; Calories burnt 488. Repeated about 5 different exercises, 4 sets each. Lunges, bird dog, chest press, glute/leg raises on a swiss ball, some jumping jacks, push ups and some sparring/boxing.

3 weeks since I have exercised! :eek:

Today, I went badminton for an hour and a walk 30mins. Calories burnt in session 433.
Now it's warming up, I may go for a swim later in the week

I went for a walk after work yesterday, 50mins. Today with legs still aching I went to the gym. I did very little, but I went on the cross trainer to warm up for 12mins. Then Treadmill 80% of it walking the rest jogging at a very very slow pace on a steep incline for 30mins and some stretches. Calories burnt in session 278. a bit like Tesco - Every little bit helps :)

Mon 1st July

My badminton training was cancelled today, due to low numbers attending. I went swimming instead- not been swimming for ages I can't remember the last time I went. 45mins of slow... slow swimming, 40 laps.

Back