TRISTAR's Low Carbing

TRISTAR

Gold Member
I went on a low carb diet years ago, and felt awful. I had the typical initial symptoms of headaches etc. This time round I feel fine. I'm exactly 1 week in, and feel great. I think because over the last few years I have always been aware not to eat and drink lots of sugars, I think I haven't hit the big carb wall of pain this time. I'm not even craving bread, potatoes or rice. Because of my fussy eating, I'm on 2x protein shakes a day (with a multi vit), and a meal in the evening, followed by a sugar free jelly. My immense hunger only lasted for about 3 days, and I seem to have adjusted. The biggest thing for me is I don't feel bloated at all. I do go to the toilet quite a bit, as it's having a diuretic effect (no starch to soak the water). But that's not a bad thing.
Anyway, I have a long journey ahead, but I'm going to concentrate on short term goals. How much weight have you all been losing over each month?

Last edited:
Hi tristar :D how many carbs are you having per day?

I'm not giving myself a strict limit, as I did in the past. My shakes are 19g carbs each, and I have 2 of those. My evening meal is usually Chicken and green beans or broccolli, or a chicken omellette

ooh well best of luck hon :)

Well done!! Im just about to embark on my 1st low carb diet starting next week! What shakes are you drinking? I was thinking of trying tesco ultraslim...mainly due to the price! Id love to see your food diary!
Im not looking forward to the headaches etc - but it is a diet! Hopefully my willpower will hold out and i'll get through it!! x

Hey Pinkslim :) are you just going to be using shakes or food aswell?
Ive only done it using food so will be interesting to see how you do :D
best of luck! xxx

Hi good luck with your weightloss. I dont have a food diary, as I only eat 1 meal a day. My shakes are Sci-MX Diet. As I don't believe it is a Total Food Replacement shake, I am supplementing my weightloss with a multivit. I haven't had the headaches this time round, but my eating habits have been pretty low carb/sugar in the run up to my diet anyway. I gradually lowered my intake before embarking on a low carb regime as I suffer with headaches anyway, and didn't want to aggrevate anything.

Im going to have a shake for breakfast....some sort of meal replacement for lunch (probably Celeb slim) and a low carb/low fat dinner. Between I will snack on low carb fruit and fridge raiders etc. Im going to get all my supplies on friday and start on monday! eeek! x

oh best of luck :D

I have a long way to go, but I'm so glad I'm out of the 20 stone mark, and into the 19's now. On a countdown lol. I think it will be a while before my clothing size changes though.

How are you getting on Tristar?

Over a stone gone now, I'm away at the moment but for once I've found something I'm happy doing. How are you?

Hello :D wow thats fab hon - well done you!
Ive been busy as my dog had pups 2 weeks again. last week was major carb and fast food blowout! I gained 6lbs but have lost that already since Monday!

Over 2 stone down now, and becoming a bit happier with myself. Took a pic of myself on my webcam, last night, and to me my face looks a bit nicer. I looked awful at the beginning of July

Over a stone gone now, I'm away at the moment but for once I've found something I'm happy doing. How are you?

hey honey x well done you!!!!! you have done amazing!!!!

Thanks Vicky. How are you? How are the pups doing?

Hope to have a loss this forthcoming week. I have been in Germany, so not been low carbing. Good new is I haven't put any weight on. Hoping to get into the 17 stones range either this or next week.

Hi Hon. wow well done you for maintaining thats fantastic :D
when is WI?

Hi Vicky, I WI on Sunday, fingers crossed.

how did you get on hon?

Back