Trouble setting a target

Ninja

Silver Member
I've decided to alter my target from 10st to 10.7st. I think 10st would be too low for me. I'm currently 12st 10lb and a size 14 bottom and 16 top.
I'm aiming for 11st first which I would think should take me down to a size 12...ish, and then see about losing half a stone at a time till I feel right in myself.
Does anyone else have trouble setting their target?

I'm too far from target at the moment to think about a realistic one, although I do have 10 stone in my head. No idea why 10 stone seems to be the magic number LOL

I'm not going to set my official target until I get closer to it because I need to see what weight suits me tbh. I've not been under 12 and a half stone in 24 years! god that sounds awful! I've been over 12 and a half stone for the last 10 years, and for most of that I've been 14 stone or over. So me being 10 stone will be tiny LOL

I'd probably just keep losing bits until I was happy if I were you. You'll know when you feel comfortable in your clothes. One lady in our class didn't set her target until she was almost there. She said one week, I'd like to lose 1 more pound and call that target. Our consultant was fine with that.

I'd just assess it as you go. I've set a target but it's not set in stone. When I get closer I will see if I am happy above that weight or whether I need to carry on and so on

I know how you feel. I'd set myself 10 stone as a target but am not very far off that now, and think I could do with maybe trying to go down a bit more as I've still got quite a tummy on me!!!

I picked 10 stone as I vaguely remember being that weight many moons ago and thought I looked well, and not unhealthily thin, but maybe I was deluding myself!

My plan is to get to 10 stone, maintain it for a month or so, and then drop it 1/2 a stone if I think I'd like to lose some more.

Take it at your own pace and see what other people think too - I never know how I really look and rely on others to tell me honestly!

I'm too far from target at the moment to think about a realistic one, although I do have 10 stone in my head. No idea why 10 stone seems to be the magic number LOL

I'm not going to set my official target until I get closer to it because I need to see what weight suits me tbh. I've not been under 12 and a half stone in 24 years! god that sounds awful! I've been over 12 and a half stone for the last 10 years, and for most of that I've been 14 stone or over. So me being 10 stone will be tiny LOL

I'd probably just keep losing bits until I was happy if I were you. You'll know when you feel comfortable in your clothes. One lady in our class didn't set her target until she was almost there. She said one week, I'd like to lose 1 more pound and call that target. Our consultant was fine with that.

Hi Annie

I actually feel comfortable in myself right now, but I know that this is because this is the smallest that I've been in about 10 years so it feels so great. I would however like to get smaller. If I feel this great now I will be delirious if I got down to a size 12....lol.
I can't imagine how my mum must feel. She's gone from a size 26/28 to currently a size 18. I don't know if she's set a target or not. She did tell me she'd be happy at a size 16 but I'm not sure if she'll stop at that.
I want to start trying for a baby by the end of this year (biological clock is ticking ...lol) and this time I'd love to be able to see the bump grow instead of people wondering if I'm fat or pregnant until it's the last stages of pregnancy, like last time.

I used this chart here for me and OH. I'm medium frame, but recommened BMI take me to 7 13, which would be impossible for me, and OH is large frame and would never get to the standard BMI range.

I used this chart here for me and OH. I'm medium frame, but recommened BMI take me to 7 13, which would be impossible for me, and OH is large frame and would never get to the standard BMI range.

Using the ideal weight chart on from that link, I should be between 121-135lbs. so that actually sounds about right for my height and frame.

By that I'm a medium frame (woohoo news to me!) so should be 133-147lb which is 9.5 - 10.5 stone. Aiming for 11ish for now so will see if I can get the last half stone when I reach my target!

I checked the chart out and for me being a med to large frame and going by the guides for 5ft 6in (even though I'm actually 5ft 6.5in....lol, don't forget the half inch :rolleyes: ) my ideal weight should be between 130lb (lower end of medium) - 158lb (upper end of large). So 147 lb for me should be about right :D

I'm glad you're using it as a guide. I struggled when doing WW to get to 8st, and I know why, because in reality I should be around 8st 9lbs. OH is aiming for the middle of hers and will decided then if she wants to go any lower, but the BMI charts all still put her in the overweight category at that weight, but she won't be for her frame.

Back