Try Again

The cookies were bad but you're not - just human. Forget it! Don't let those cookies stop you from reaching your goal!
I forgot to mention the 5 pack of Cornish Pasties to accompany them.

However, I've eaten sensibly this week and exercised too. I have a new found motivation.....pics I took for a before/during/after comparison...talk about bad. They got to me for about 2 hours then the motivation to stop feeling sorry for myself and get off my fat arse and do something about it hit me.

After having a weigh this morning I've just read my 1st post on Minimins and I'm roughly around the same weight, though I'm 6.5 kgs less than when I went to doctors last july. Taking all my slip ups and binge fests into account, I'm pretty happy with that and if I keep my good behaviour up changes should come.

I did EAT all the pies, then pinched the chocolate and crisps

It's all in the past tense, so the future looks good.

(Don't know how you managed to cram in all those pasties though! I would have keeled over)

(Don't know how you managed to cram in all those pasties though! I would have keeled over)
Some men are Love Machines (or think they are) I'm a pie troughing machine...well I was

I knew it wouldn't last, I had to buy some reduced price ones last night and then eat them.
They were all I ate yesterday so calorie wise probably not too bad.
They could well be the last ones I have as something I saw on beakfast tv today has put me off the thought of eating pies/processed foods again, red meat too.

Hi FMS!

Hope the TV programme works for you! I have stopped buying multipacks of chocolate bars etc because they were my "pies". I just could not leave them alone. I bought them for my son (!), scoffed them all, bought them again and sometimes scoffed them again as well!

Just don't buy them in the first place. Even if they are on offer. It's just a cheaper way to get fat. There's no way I would buy 2 Ripples for 60p each or whatever so would buy 3 for a £1 - supermarkets are evil!! Write down what you want, go get it and come out!

Do you make your own stuff? What about pitta bread stuffed with ham, houmous, spring onions, chili whatever takes your fancy - kind of a healthy pie?

(written by an experienced shopaholic)

Pomooky x

The item I saw has been on all the news channels today and it's put me off a few things.

I am thinking of starting to cook with herbs and spices, I used to be a good cook 'till I fell into the temptation of convenience foods. I've a large garden so I'm going to have a go at growing veg and herbs.

Erms Diary in the slimming world food diaries section always has some fab recipes and she uses lots of veggies and herbs and spices. I've recently (not this week as feel lazy) been cooking much more from scratch. Its not so bad once you get started. And we all love slimming world chips cooked in frylight with a knorr stock cube sprinkled on them :) x

I knew it wouldn't last, I had to buy some reduced price ones last night and then eat them.

I assume there's someone that you're keeping from us - you know, that person who holds a gun to your head and forces you to buy this rubbish and then forces you to eat this terrible, terrible "food"? :)

Yes ok, I'm being a bit facetious here, but why do you have to go to the supermarket in the first place? Can you do a shop online for the week and get your basics delivered? Then you don't have to go in there at all.

Great idea about growing and cooking again. This will be fantastic, healthy and fun! And it's creative which will give your self esteem a boost.

that person who holds a gun to your head and forces you to buy this rubbish and then forces you to eat this terrible, terrible "food"
There is actually, only it's not my just head they point it at, they point it at the pies too and it prints out reduced prices they stick on them.

haha, well there'll be no-one to stick prices on that healthy veg you're going to grow :)

Hi

Just wondered how you are? Hope you're doing ok. I know how hard it is. I had a wee binge for 2 days but I feel ok now.

Each time the binges get less, there are longer gaps between and I feel that I am beating it - but it's a slow process!

Of course it could be that you are in the garden planting spuds or something! :D

Po xxx

Hi Po
I'm not doing too bad thanks, I've got as far as looking at the garden and thinking about it, thinking how much easier it'd be if I'd a woman to do the digging ;).

I've been eating reasonably sensibly with just 1 mini binge. It's the exercising that's letting me down. Because my self esteem is pretty low I've been going at it hammer and tongs each session I've done and have been suffering injuries or making existing ones worse, oh to be young and indestructible again.

I'm going to have a week on the quorn diet, quorn fillets are on offer @ morrisons, £1 a bag so I've bought loads, them, salad and cereal for the next 7 days.

Hi

Sounds good. Why quorn? Are you a veggie?

I don't eat red meat but love fish or chicken if it's disguised with spices etc. I don't fancy soya stuff - I think it's a bit weird eating fungus!

I hate digging too! My dad does it for me and he's almost 80!

I have been doing a little bit of exercise. 20 mins on the bike and 20 mins of Pilates for my dodgy back. That's about all I can manage. I certainly don't get all sweaty and go for it like a mad woman. Maybe, you should slow down! Pilates might sound girly but it's quite hard and really kind to your bod. :)

I will be out planting soon but not veggies and stuff - will be violas, pansies and nice looking stuff. I prefer the local shop for my salads cos the slugs prefer to eat in my garden rather than anywhere else!

Cheers Po

Sounds good. Why quorn? Are you a veggie?
No, I'm a tight git and at a quid a bag with 5 or 6 in they're cheaper than chicken breasts which I've become quite partial to.

I like pilates, well I like watching it on The Fitness Channel on sky, though it's not quite up there with Aerobics Oz Style ;)

No, I'm a tight git and at a quid a bag with 5 or 6 in they're cheaper than chicken breasts which I've become quite partial to.

I like pilates, well I like watching it on The Fitness Channel on sky, though it's not quite up there with Aerobics Oz Style ;)

Hey there!
Im saving up to move to Edinburgh in September so £1 for quorn, id be buying two lol
As for exercise, can relate aswell. always feel like when i walk in people will say, ah god id hate to be like that, god help her etc but if they do, so what? what can you do about it? people have opinions but there will always be that other person there saying well fair play to him, it must be hard for them and they are here and trying. get ur arse up and into gear. Try a few different things otherwise ive found bordem sets in. Currently doing spinning, circuit training, walking and will try Zumba. Bit of variety. I know its hard but the time for talking about it has passed, its now time to do it and start the CONSISTENT weight loss.

You can do it.
Get up and go, i wont be far beind u.:D

Back