Try Again

(Especially if you bang on about nagging WOMEN)

Ha Ha, I said woman, I'll think about WOMEN after a few more weeks exercising, building my stamina up.

I've got a cunning plan. If I buy 4 pies and name them One, Two, Three and Four, I could then eat the first 3 pies and still have 4 left.

Chicken and salad is all I'm eating at the moment, cutting out pies was easy, it was bread I struggled with.

Sensible Eating...............Going well
Gardening/exercising........Going reasonably well
Leg...............................knackered
Nose.............................red enough to stop traffic

Thanks CrazyCatLady but it's not going as well as I hoped, I've had the odd relapse or two. I'm really struggling to shake off the gloom that my bad leg is giving me so keep having comfort eating binges.

A visit to the doctors today and I wish I'd stayed home. My leg has nerve damage so I'm being referred to a Neurosurgeon at Leeds, My weight, 120.5 kgs, 1.5kgs more than when I started dieting, 2kg more than beginning of April.

It's try yet again time. I'm not a happy bunny at this moment in time but will attempt to give it my best shot and see how it goes.

I'd better get to work on losing some weight, I've got to have an MRI scan and I don't want to get stuck in that.

FMS

I think you are trying too hard and then rebelling. Have you tried slimming world or Slimpods??
Had to laugh at the MRI thing 'though! Of course, you won't get stuck!

Po

I start with the best of intentions and do well for a while then a mood of gloom and despondency seems to settle on me and I indulge in a bit of comfort eating which leads to more comfort eating and binges.

I am now aiming to lose 15 kgs by the end of August but I'll be happy if I can do a minimum of 10. I'm also going to try some lifestyle changes too, I've turned into a feeling sorry for myself house/garden hermit mainly due to self confidence issues about my weight and using crutches, which by the way the doctor talked to me is something I'm going to have to get used to. I think I'll buy an anorak and take up train spotting.

The MRI wasn't too bad, I was only in about 40 minutes and that included a break when I pressed the panic button, not because I was in a panic, my back was aching badly at base of my spine where it was pressing into the hard surface and as you're not supposed to move I couldn't shift into a comfy position to ease it so I pressed the buzzer. Probably due to my weight pressing down on it.

They did weigh me before the scan 120.7 kgs so that's my accurate starting point for this attempt. I was flicking round telly channels a couple of hours ago and came across "I Used To Be Fat" on MTV. I thought I'd give it a view and see what it was, An American teen called Josh went from 315lbs to 198 in 110 days, I found it pretty inspiring, the change was unbelievable.

It's going reasonably well. I'm exercising daily, haven't gone off on any silly binges and today I weighed in at 118kg. A 2.7 kg loss in 2 weeks, not bad and I think I could have done better so I shall aim for 3kg over the next 2 weeks.

Still sticking at it and eating reasonably sensibly. I haven't gone on any binges or bouts of comfort eating and I'm actually starting to feel better about myself too. I'm going to resist the temptation to weigh and wait 'till next week.

I've just read a book about a lot of spicey sauces you can make....50 Shades of Gravy it was called

Back