Trying again

14at40

Hi there

Have been reading for a while so thought I should bite the bullet and finally post.

6 months ago I tried the Cambridge diet and failed after 8 days - felt deprived, missing food terribly! I am now ready to give it another go and wondered if anyone can pass any tips to me please.

I was in ketosis however felt that I was really missing out. I guess my head was not in the right place which I hope it is now.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated xx

Wishing you well
The forum seems a little dead at the moment but it will pick up .
Only tips are to keep in mind of why you are doing the diet when feeling like you are missing out , think , i'm missing out on buying the clothes I really want , think of the reason that made you come here ?

I guess my head was not in the right place which I hope it is now.

This will most likely be the reason. It's not an easy diet to do unless you are mentally prepared. It's important to stay focused and motivated. One thing you can do is make a list of all the good reasons to lose weight, even the little things, and then all the bad reasons. It will obviously be clear which is best for you. Use all of those good reasons to help keep you on track. Setting yourself mini goals along the way to your ultimate target is also something that will keep you heading in the right direction. Reading other people's diaries may also help a lot.

As far as ketosis goes, although you were in it, for some people it can take longer for their hunger to dissipate. Just stick with it and it does get much easier. Your head being in the right place will also play a part in this, as feeling deprived may just be in the mind because of your old habits, rather than your body actually telling you it wanted food.

I wish you the best of luck this time around. Keep us updated on how things are going. :)

Hi
Welcome ! I don`t post often, after having lost 4 stone last year, then gaining a little back (now getting off again!) I`m here again !

Personally, I found setting myself up with the ticker thingy to monitor my loses was a massive incentive.
I really looked forward to updating it weekly. (the current one below is my recent one !)

After a week or two, I honestly found it just a way of life and got more of a buzz from losing a few pounds every week, than the guilt I would have felt with say a takeaway!

Lots and lots of water, sometimes with the orange flavouring also helped.
Good Luck, its hard, but soooo worth it !

Last edited:
I did it

Thanks for all your replies.

I started again yesterday, found a new consultant who I really liked. Day 2 and OK so far.

Hopefully I can crack it this time, 12 weeks till the beginning of December so thats my goal.

I will keep you posted.

my god only 12 weeks till we all get drinking again lol as its the build up lol
well done to you too

Thanks for all your replies.

I started again yesterday, found a new consultant who I really liked. Day 2 and OK so far.

Hopefully I can crack it this time, 12 weeks till the beginning of December so thats my goal.

I will keep you posted.

How are you getting on? I think that if you can look at it as a short-term sacrifice to get to your goal it can help to overcome the sense of deprivation you felt the first time around

Good luck 14@40 it is hard but you can come through this the advice they have given you above is all what i would say, i also have looked forward to updating my ticker every week x

Back