trying on clothes

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by BIG BIRDY, 15 March 2008 Social URL.

1. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Just been in town, and there are still some bargains to be had. So I went into Blacks the camping shop and tried on some walking trousers for the summer. Usual size 16 which is usually very small, but I thought I'd give them a whirl. TOO BIG!! Now I know some ladies would love to be a 16, it's not that, but it just goes to show what a difference 2stone loss makes. When I held out the waistband of the trousers and there was a big gap, it made me realise that the only stuff that filled it was fat. That was a real incentive for maintaining i can tell you - even more than a photo of me i found yesterday.....me and my sister in law camping and I thought we were similar size. Only we're obviously not. Was I deluded or what?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Hi Nikki,

Fantastic when you find you are smaller than what you thought you were.:)

Love Mini xxx

4. Dave

Dave Full Member

Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    I bought some jeans with a 38" waist today... I was in 42"ers a month ago!

5. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)

Well done Dave:happy096:

6. LizS81

LizS81 Has been AWOL

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.46%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    it's great trying on stuff and having it fit :) I've always had 2 pairs of black trousers in my wardrobe that I couldn't be bothered taking back to the shop... I bought 3 pairs from the same shop, same day, different styles, only one pair fit so I wore them to death.. but now I've tried on the old pairs and they're too big :) FINALLY! and now they'll be too big to actually wear!! I'll take them to charity I think.
    and all my jeans are too big :) and I'm just starting to fit in all my skirt again which is cool.
    I'm refusing to go shopping (except for a new pair of jeans!) until I'm closer to goal. mum almost bought me some stuff in a smaller size but I said I've already bought enough "diet incentive" clothes over the years and they've always been the last thing that happens before I fail!! plus I want to have that feeling of going into the shop and trying it on like you've just done!!

7. PrincessSmiles

PrincessSmiles Full Member

Diet:
    Weight watchers
    Woohoo, that's great! Trying on clothes is the best way of 'seeing' you've lost weight I think.

8. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    we have all done so well i was a 16 now 14 loose!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.