Trying to get fitter and lose the weight

Try having a gin and tonic PC and then a soda water in between. I found the first few weekends the most difficult and then after 5 weeks I had 2 glasses over a weekend or red wine and lost!!!

I have had now over about 6 weeks 3.5 glasses of red wine and my body has only gained 1kg from my lowest achieved point during this time. The sit ups are really helping and I am not drinking to get drunk just having 1 really slowly on the weekend and with a meal and onto sparkling water after that. I'm very self controlled at the moment.

Bren

X

What do you think I should do leave it or go for it.

Go for it, burn all that booze off! Push through the pain...(not if it is very sore, though, to the point of injury, but you know what I mean!)

Try having a gin and tonic PC and then a soda water in between. I found the first few weekends the most difficult and then after 5 weeks I had 2 glasses over a weekend or red wine and lost!!!

I have had now over about 6 weeks 3.5 glasses of red wine and my body has only gained 1kg from my lowest achieved point during this time. The sit ups are really helping and I am not drinking to get drunk just having 1 really slowly on the weekend and with a meal and onto sparkling water after that. I'm very self controlled at the moment.

Bren

X

Cheers Bren

Yeah Gin and Tonic sounds like a great idea. I dont know why it seems that I just forget what I'm trying to do when I go to the pub or friends are about. When I'm at home I'm not even thinking about it which is great as I always used to drink like nearly every day. So glad I've stopped that at least.

I'll aim this week not to have anything on friday or saturday and see how it goes. But Sunday I'm off for a curry with friends ahhhhhhh:rolleyes:

Go for it, burn all that booze off! Push through the pain...(not if it is very sore, though, to the point of injury, but you know what I mean!)

Glad some one is pushing me lol. Yeah my arms hurt and so do my pecks but Ill just have to man up abit and take the pain hehe. Ill look forward until tomorrow morning when trying to pull myself out of bed lol.

Boxing last night was once again a killer but I did much better. Had my first turn in the ring did really well but my left hand is abit discoloured to day. I feel really good today and had a full 8 hours sleep last night solid.

DISCOLOURED!!! ???????

Are you bruised?

Bren
X

yes indeed my left hand is nicely bruised. Its ok it doesnt really hurt only when applying lots of pressure. Abs are killing today thou other then that everything is ok.

Boxing last night was once again a killer but I did much better. Had my first turn in the ring did really well but my left hand is abit discoloured to day. I feel really good today and had a full 8 hours sleep last night solid.

Oi! We said NO injuries! Heh! But it is easy to bruise and tear the skin by the knuckles with boxing gloves on, did you bandage/wrap your fists up before putting on the gloves? It really does help...

Abs are killing today thou other then that everything is ok.

This means you are doing the right thangs! Abs and shoulders should ache after boxing...mmmm...good pain!

Nex, I love that sore muscle feeling the day after a good work out!

Oi! We said NO injuries! Heh! But it is easy to bruise and tear the skin by the knuckles with boxing gloves on, did you bandage/wrap your fists up before putting on the gloves? It really does help...

Yeah my hands where wrapped. I guess peoples heads are harder then most punch bags lol.

I also went swimming last night wohoo. Hopefully all the work will show this week. I plan on going boxing sunday also. So busy week.

pcmonkey you are bound to show a loss after all your hard work.

Bren
X

Hi gang

Sorry I havent been on in a few days, but I've been busy. Lost 2 more pound this week did an 1 1/2 hours of boxing Monday and Tuesday did 45mins of skipping. I've really got the hang of skipping again (boxing style) and really enjoying my boxing. Going again tonight which is the pro's session I always nearly faint from all the exercise when going to that one.

Hope everyone is well.

hey PC, well done on all the exercise.

I'm just about to go to the gym also fro 40 mins of cardio. All I have time for..... Better than not going I suppose. I did Yoga on Sat, nothing Sunday, gym Monday and Tuesday.

Bren
X

2 down AWESOME! Me and the beau are boxing here tonight, he bought us his and hers gloves and pads...wheeeeee!

Today I've bombed out big time woke up this morning with no energy in alot of pain. And last night at boxing just seem to not do as well as I normally did. I didnt have any power or energy.

I think this could be down to what I'm eating before going. Yesterday was really bad food wise I basically had a sandwich all day and a small snack.

What are good energy food?

Back to sleeping on my keyboard avdggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg[BBBBBBBBBBBBB

Oh dear! You want to lose weight but not that drastically...sheesh if I worked out on that food I would've severely crashed...Um energy foods are complex carbs or even simpler ones, fruit, nuts, peanut butter, brown grainy bread, brown rice, potatoes...avoid things with sugar in them though, apart from fruit as this is better than sugar...bananas are good for energy...

Just eat more dude! But sensibly more obviously....my beau when he wants to lose weight tends to undereat with serious consequences...he ends up bingeing and feeling like cr*p...take it steady...slow weight loss is best...

Oh dear! You want to lose weight but not that drastically...sheesh if I worked out on that food I would've severely crashed...Um energy foods are complex carbs or even simpler ones, fruit, nuts, peanut butter, brown grainy bread, brown rice, potatoes...avoid things with sugar in them though, apart from fruit as this is better than sugar...bananas are good for energy...

Just eat more dude! But sensibly more obviously....my beau when he wants to lose weight tends to undereat with serious consequences...he ends up bingeing and feeling like cr*p...take it steady...slow weight loss is best...

Agreed. Yesterday wasnt a normal day if i'm honest but I've had a big crash not the best day for me I feel ill at the moment but I know its just to due to yesterday.

I was told to steal clear of bread and potatoes not sure how true that is but I have recently been cutting down on them.

Ahh well Ill just make sure ill have something big to eat at work before i got to boxing. Problem is by the time I get home I dont have enough time to cook before I go and I dont like to eat before going to bed which is about the time I get back from boxing by the time i've had a shower I'm ready for bed and chilling out.

I can't think straight today, has been a real problem for me at work. MEH :copon:
I think I need to structure my eating plan or something.

I think I need to structure my eating plan or something.

Yep, I find I have trouble with training and allsorts if my food goes out the window...nutrition if you are losing weight and training hard needs to be planned as boring and silly as it sounds...it saves on crashes, binges and even feeling despondent because of lack of energy and drive to get training again...with the right food, you always seem ready to get going as well as your body being able to use those nutrients to heal and recover...good luck with the meal plans...it is tedious but worth it!

Back