Trying to get fitter and lose the weight

Sorry havent been on in a few days. Boxing last was hardcore but run out of steam again. I think its because I'm back in the office so back to really long days again. Basically i go straight from work to boxing so i leave for work 7am and get home at 9.30pm long old day. :sigh:

Basically i go straight from work to boxing so i leave for work 7am and get home at 9.30pm long old day.

That is a loooong day...take it easy...don't get too fatigued! Easier said than done when you have goals, etc...

PCmonkey you are having very long days. Are you having rest days to break up your training??

Bren
X

Sounds like you're burning yourself out a bit, between long hours at work and your working out. I think the secret is really moderation; find a workout routine that you can stick with that doesn't totally wear you out, but you can sustain. And like Bren and nex said, you do need rest times as well, I've come up against that "overtraining" bug myself!

I'm having a rest day between work outs but still feel low on POWER... lol. But I last a horrible boxing session on monday night off again tonight. Monday session was hardcore. We had to pair up on skipping and while on skipped the other had to run around the block. The idea is the quicker you are back the long your partner gets to rest. I hate long distance running.

From talking to the guys there as the summer is coming they do alot of outside running. I didnt stop though was last out of everyone the first time and second to last the other 2 times. The routine is never the same there is driving me mad because normally you can get used to it. I dont feel that bad after boxing though these days which is a good thing i guess.

Popped my knee out last night at boxing. Had to do an exercise not sure of the name but you start in a sit-up position sit up into a standing position do a jump back down into the sit up position. Did this 9 times on the 10th and last one crack felt like my leg went one way and the knee the other. Cant believe it to be honest the training was going so well and I feel so much fitter to have this knock back to say I’m ****** off is a understatement.

The funny thing is once everything was bad in place I could put full weight back on my knee its just very swore and cant move it very fast. Maybe I over did it but It didn’t feel like i did as i felt great. I just think its my bodies way of telling me I'm to big to be doing these exercises with my current muscle mass maybe. :copon:

Back