Trying to go from 45 bmi to 25...

Hattie21

Hello :)

I'm aiming to go from a 45 bmi to 25 (aiming for 8st 3lb weight loss to do that, though I recognise I may want to adjust my target as I lose weight and gain perspective!).

I'm 27 and have lost small amounts of weight before through calorie counting and exercise. It's never been sustainable though, mostly because I didn't change the way I ate, but just ate less of it. So when I started SW, i was only about 10 lbs less than my highest ever (known) weight.

In 4 weeks I've lost 13 lbs and I feel really motivated - it feels like I've learned a new relationship with food, I feel physically better in myself, and I am feeling patient. I think because it's a weekly weigh in, the support at group, and aiming for half stone awards, that I see progress even when I can't see it on me.

I'm keeping a food diary in that subforum so I'll use here to check in with weigh ins, record NSVs, and general notes for myself to reflect on in my weight loss journey. :)

Week 1 -5.5 lbs
Week 2 -3lb
Week 3 -2lb
Week 4 -2.5lb
Week 5 -3lb

Got my stone award and slimmer of the month with my 3 lb loss today!! I'm up to 16lbs lost now :)

Week 6: -3.5lbs

absolutely chuffed with that! it's been a difficult week as i've had a huge exam to work towards, so i've basically been eating on the go, no preparation, and pretty much living off subway salads for lunch (which is not ideal for me - i love them, but i want to get back into bringing in my own lunch and having pasta or rice with lunch - and i also don't want to spend the money!) and then rustling up a quick and easy dinner. so it's great to know that i'm managing it even in difficult times - although it's actually going to be weirder probably doing things next week when i actually have time to think about it!!

Week 7: -1.5lbs

My lowest loss so far. I'm not overly happy, although it takes me to 1 stone and a half exactly. I was on plan all week and within my daily syns each day; what I have realised is that I relied on bread a lot for my hexB, and I had more starchy carbs than the previous week (lots of pasta). So I'm going to try and adjust things this week because 1) I want to lose the weight more quickly (I have a lot to lose) and 2) I've felt really bloated all week so perhaps this is why?

Week 8: 3lb off for me this week, much happier with that! i think i figured out that bread is bad for me (it bloats me massively) - the week i lost 1.5lb i had bread 5 days out of 7; this week i had bread 1 day out of 7, and the week before (-3.5lb) i had bread 2 days out of 7. so less bread for me from now on!

and for a BMI update - i'm now at 40.5 bmi so that's huge progress for me :) looking forward to getting out of the 40s!

NSVs this week:
- got re-measured for bras and i'd gone down a band size (first time in as long as i can remember that i've been fitted at a 36 back and not a 38!) so had to buy new bras
- my weigh day dress is baggy
- someone at group said they could see a huge difference in my face, which was lovely
- if i flex i can see more of my collarbone than ever before!!

Well done Darling xx you've had some amazing losses and NSV are great too especially after not a good as hoped week. I always look back at how far I've come when I have a bad week :) I used to be 12St 13lb and a size 18 and now 9St 13lb and a size 10 so you can do it x it's took me over 2 years with a 6 month break but finally close to target now lol xx

Week 8: 3lb off for me this week, much happier with that! i think i figured out that bread is bad for me (it bloats me massively) - the week i lost 1.5lb i had bread 5 days out of 7; this week i had bread 1 day out of 7, and the week before (-3.5lb) i had bread 2 days out of 7. so less bread for me from now on!

and for a BMI update - i'm now at 40.5 bmi so that's huge progress for me :) looking forward to getting out of the 40s!

NSVs this week:
- got re-measured for bras and i'd gone down a band size (first time in as long as i can remember that i've been fitted at a 36 back and not a 38!) so had to buy new bras
- someone at group said they could see a huge difference in my face, which was lovely
Well done Hattiesburg on your weight loss and NSV's:0clapper:

NSVs this week:

Hey! Just checking in to say well done on your losses so far, you're doing brill! I find that really motivating, I'm restarting and need to latch on to the good spirit I used to have when I first joined and was really in the zone. Seems like you're there at the moment, so nice to read.

Well done Darling xx you've had some amazing losses and NSV are great too especially after not a good as hoped week. I always look back at how far I've come when I have a bad week :) I used to be 12St 13lb and a size 18 and now 9St 13lb and a size 10 so you can do it x it's took me over 2 years with a 6 month break but finally close to target now lol xx

I really enjoyed reading this post. I too have just been through a 6 month break which was a total roller coaster and I wish I had stuck to plan then. Looking back at your achievements is a good way to boost you on a bad day. Well done for sticking with things and I hope you'll get to target very soon. x

Hey! Just checking in to say well done on your losses so far, you're doing brill! I find that really motivating, I'm restarting and need to latch on to the good spirit I used to have when I first joined and was really in the zone. Seems like you're there at the moment, so nice to read.

I really enjoyed reading this post. I too have just been through a 6 month break which was a total roller coaster and I wish I had stuck to plan then. Looking back at your achievements is a good way to boost you on a bad day. Well done for sticking with things and I hope you'll get to target very soon. x
Thanks been hard at times but finally getting there lol

Thanks guys :) It's really nice to get positive posts from you all in general, but it's really helpful this week as:

Week 9: Maintain.

Long and short of it - I've been on plan all week but I have eaten differently than I usually would, because I've been v ill all week. However what's really done it IMO is the pain meds I've been on - without going into too much detail, they've affected my stomach a lot.

SO I was pretty gutted at group, but I'm going to attempt an SP week. I want to shake things up a bit anyway, and I've been wanting to get my head around SP for a while, and no better way to do it than by doing an SP week. So I've chatted to my consultant about it, got SP food logs from her, I've planned what I'll eat this weekend, and I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't manage the whole week or if I accidentally eat something non-SP! But I'm hoping this (plus a little something from the chemist to deal with stomach issues) will sort out a good result this weigh in.

so i'm not weighing in yet but i had a great NSV and wanted to post! been doing an SP week (day 5 so far and loving it) and taken something for my stomach and the scales at home are shifting, so that's hopefully a good indicator...!

i went to primark yesterday to buy some new bits - mostly i needed new leggings. was a bit optimistic thinking i could get into size 18 leggings (i can wear them, but they're not sitting as high up as i like, got a bit of a muffin top in them) as i was wearing 20/22s that had gone baggy, but they're not far off. more importantly i bought most things in a 16 or 18, the 16s were deliberately bought optimistically so i have stuff to wear when i get to that point. i bought one shirt in a size 20 because it was fitted, and i am very busty and broad-chested; before SW i was wearing a size 22 shirt. put on the size 20 shirt today and it is HUGE! i would definitely want a size 18 if i was going to wear that now. as it is i'm returning it anyway because i don't much like it on me but it was a great feeling to see how much room there was in the chest!

so i'm not weighing in yet but i had a great NSV and wanted to post! been doing an SP week (day 5 so far and loving it) and taken something for my stomach and the scales at home are shifting, so that's hopefully a good indicator...!

i went to primark yesterday to buy some new bits - mostly i needed new leggings. was a bit optimistic thinking i could get into size 18 leggings (i can wear them, but they're not sitting as high up as i like, got a bit of a muffin top in them) as i was wearing 20/22s that had gone baggy, but they're not far off. more importantly i bought most things in a 16 or 18, the 16s were deliberately bought optimistically so i have stuff to wear when i get to that point. i bought one shirt in a size 20 because it was fitted, and i am very busty and broad-chested; before SW i was wearing a size 22 shirt. put on the size 20 shirt today and it is HUGE! i would definitely want a size 18 if i was going to wear that now. as it is i'm returning it anyway because i don't much like it on me but it was a great feeling to see how much room there was in the chest!
Well done going down in dress sizes :D Always a wonderful feeling when you get into another dress size :D Ive dropped 2 since starting back last year :D

Week 10: -2.5lb

I was hoping it would be a bit more tbh since I did a full SP week and I also sorted out my stomach issues from last week. But it's a loss and it's better than last week's maintain so onwards and downwards! I'm going to reduce my bread again and see what the scales sayou next week. I ate a fair bit of bread this week because of the second healthy B, so I will be keen to see what effect reducing it again has.

Going to try and take my knowledge from last week's SP to apply it to this week - I'll do normal EE but I want to apply some stuff I learned. So I'll re introduce free foods but in limited amounts.

Week 11 - +0.5lb!!

Feels like my body is suddenly resistant to SW atm. I've gone back to EE and gained half a pound! I weighed in early on Thursday, and at a different time and in different conditions to normal (usually weigh first thing before eating anything, had to weigh in after lunch), so that could be part of it, but the funny thing is that the Sunday after my week 10 weigh in, my scales suddenly dropped about 4lbs. And this was consistently showing for 2 days (I kept jumping on as I couldn't believe it). Then 2 days later it showed a massive gain. So I'm not sure what's going on, I'm still struggling with constipation after having had loads of codeine a few weeks ago, I'm not sure if that's still causing havoc with my weight and maybe making me retain water?

I also wondered if my body is getting used to the calorie deficit. So yesterday I had a day off plan as it was my mother's wedding - and I ate a SW friendly full breakfast, a three course lunch and a train station sandwich for dinner. Which will hopefully remind my body that it does still get calories!!

Sure you will soon loose that hun :)

Hope you had a nice day at your mums wedding

xxxx

Sure you will soon loose that hun :)

Hope you had a nice day at your mums wedding

xxxx

I had a wonderful day, thanks! It was so lovely :D a really needed good day of celebrations, and all my family noticed my weight loss which made me feel amazing! xxx

No idea what the scales will say this week, but I don't care!! I had a HUGE NSV today - for months I've said that I haven't really been able to see the difference and struggled to see where almost 2st had gone. Today I wore suit trousers for first time in about 6 weeks, maybe longer. 3 months ago these trousers were a tight 22 - now the waist of them is sitting on my hips. There's LOADS of excess fabric! So I went to M and S after uni and tried to find a dress I'd seen, it only went up to an 18 but I was hoping it was stretchy. It wasn't- it was fitted - and it was the only one there. I tried it on and it fit!!!! Loose around my waist but perfect fit on my chest! I also tried on fitted camisole tops in a 18 and they fit too :eek: I was so shocked!! So I bought myself some new bits including the dress and one of the tops :) and was beaming pretty much all the way home!

week 12: -2lbs

that's not taking into account last week's 0.5lb gain though, as that wasn't recorded in the books or system as i didn't have my card - so it's really -2.5.

pleased as that got me to my 2st award :) this week it's been more about the NSVs to me though - i'm glad to have got the 2st award out of the way as i've been near it for about 4 weeks and i'm hoping that i've broken my mini-plateau / sticking point (i know some wouldn't call that a plateau, but going from losing on average 3lbs to a week to 2 lbs in total over 3 weeks is hard psychologically).

i think the trick to it this week is that i've relaxed a lot. i had an off plan day for my mum's wedding, and ate what i wanted (sw-friendly breakfast, the full 3 course meal at the reception including TIRAMISU and at least a bottle of wine to myself, and a train station baguette for dinner), and i really did unwind and just enjoy myself with my family. i've felt so chilled out since then! i've been on plan for the rest of the week, but yesterday i probably had close to 40 syns? i don't regret it at all - i had a cookie with my subway salad, dressing on my salad, a slice of cake with friends at dinner, and sushi for dinner (as their dinner was not SW friendly at all). i've been wondering if maybe my body needed me to switch up my caloric deficit a bit - if it was starting to hold weight because i was eating too little too consistently maybe.

ANYWHO my bmi is now in the 30s :)

Back