Tryingtolose's Food Diary

I'm dead impressed that you managed to eat only 4 mikados - I just can't do it! I don't dare buy them anymore after my blow out on them a month or so back haha ;)

Don't say that I bought them for the first time today.........5 packs of them :sigh:

ggmac said:
Don't say that I bought them for the first time today.........5 packs of them :sigh:

I'm sure you'll be more controlled than me! I'm useless in the face of chocolate lol. Oh and I had had a glass of wine or two when the mikado incident happened - keep off the sauce and you'll be fine is the moral!

He he he! I like this Mikados discussion!!! :)
I usually eat them in pairs and mainly while I am at work. They are portable and they give me some Syns during the day, so that I don't leave all of them for after dinner!
Missy, I am not THAT big of a fan of chocolate to be fairly honest, that's why I can resist after only 2! I prefer ice cream! Which is something that hasn't crossed my lips since I started SW because I knew that I might not be able to stop...! :)

Thursday 19 July 2012:

Breakfast: 28gr oatmeal [HEXB] made in the microwave with 1 fat free vanilla yogurt (180gr), dash of milk, a banana, strawberries, dash of sweetener and blueberries

Snacks: 4 Mikados [2 Syns]

Lunch: Pasta bolognese made with minced quorn

Dinner: Mashed potatoes made with 10gr butter [3 Syns] and 250ml fat free milk, corn on the cob, 2 vegetable steaks and salad

Snacks: 2 Lindt chocolate balls [4 Syns]

Drinks: 3 cups green tea, water, 1 small alcohol free beer [2 Syns]

Friday 20 July 2012:

Breakfast: 28gr oatmeal [HEXB] made in the microwave with 1 fat free vanilla yogurt (180gr), dash of milk, a banana, strawberries, dash of sweetener and blueberries

Lunch: Mashed potatoes made with 10gr butter and 250ml fat free milk and 2 vegetable steaks (leftovers from last night's dinner so I am not counting the Syns, I already counted them yesterday)

I would like to note please, mainly to show myself that I DO have a strong will, that my mother brought with her spinach feta pie (which I LOOOOOVE) and I didn't have ANY! Not even one little piece, not even a small part of the dough, absolutely nothing! And it was left right there on the table, staring at me!
And I didn't have any of the one with the cream either! Even though it was also staring at me! And even though she kept asking me, aren't you going to have some?! :D

Monday 30 July 2012:

Breakfast: 28gr oatmeal [HEXB] made in the microwave with 1 fat free vanilla yogurt (180gr), dash of milk, a banana, strawberries, blackberries, dash of sweetener and blueberries

Lunch: pasta bolognese made with quorn

Snack: 2 Mikados [1 Syn]

Dinner: pasta bolognese made with quorn, 1/2 corn on the cob and salad

Drinks: water, 2 cups green tea, 1 cup cappuccino made with fat free milk

Snacks: 2 Lindt chocolate balls [4 Syns], 1 small maltesers packet [3.5 Syns]

Last edited:
Tuesday 31 July 2012:

Breakfast: 28gr oatmeal [HEXB] made in the microwave with 1 fat free vanilla yogurt (180gr), dash of milk, a banana, strawberries, blackberries, dash of sweetener and blueberries and a cappuccino made with fat free milk

Lunch: 1 bread [HEX B] with vegetable frittata

Snacks: 2 Mikados, 1 Lindt chocolate ball

Well, I took a turn for the worst these past few months and regained what I had lost. I won't go into details about what happened, but let's just say that the past few months were really testing, psychologically. I am starting over today, back on track and I will try to control portion sizes as well as what I eat. Here's hoping that this will be the last time I go on a diet!

Hello wonderful people!

I am back after a few month hiatus! I hope everybody is well and losing and I hope that the people that I knew here have already reached goal and are still posting for inspiration for the rest of us!
I was doing Slimming World for a few months on and off since last year, but unfortunately it didn't seem to have a real result. I am sure that the problem was not the program, but my approach towards it (I definitely ate too big portions) and after another 2 failed attempts at other diets I decided to give it one last final effort and try Weight Watchers. My boyfriend - well, fiance since end of April actually - has been very supportive and has been trying all of these diets along with me, although they didn't work!
I am happy to report that we have officially a winner, since we have been doing Weight Watchers for the past 2 months (with a break of 2 weeks in between) and it seems to work in both our cases!
I feel wonderful, my weight has not been this low (although I still have a lot to lose) since 2011 and I am more motivated than ever to move forward! I decided to come back to Minimins because of the people, the inspirational stories and because I think that a group effort is always more motivational than one done alone!

So, I hope to get the chance to interact with a lot of you and happy losing!!!

Monday 05/08/2013 (78.5 kg):

Breakfast: 1 coffee flavored WW yogurt (2 points)

Lunch: 183 g risotto made with onions, garlic, 5 small cherry tomatoes and 2 tbsps grated parmesan (7 points)

Dinner: 230 g boiled potatoes (3), with 75 g boiled carrots (1), 1 medium boiled corn (2) and a small salad with WW french dressing (2) (8 points)

Snacks: 2 coffees with cream (2 + 2), a small WW exotic ice cream (1) and a homemade lemon - raspberry popsicle with sweetener (1) (6 points)

Total points for the day: 23 points

Last edited:
Tuesday 06/08/2013 (78.5 kg):

Breakfast: 1 coffee flavored WW yogurt (2) and a coffee with cream (2) (4 points)

Lunch: 183 g risotto made with onions, garlic, 5 small cherry tomatoes and 2 tbsps grated parmesan (7 points)

Dinner: 230 g boiled potatoes (3), with 75 g boiled carrots (1), 1 medium boiled corn (2) and a small salad with WW french dressing (2) (8 points)

Snacks: 2 coffees with cream (2x2) and a small WW exotic ice cream (1) (5 points)

Total points for the day: 24 points

Last edited:
Wednesday 07/08/2013 (77.7 kg):

Dinner: WW pizza made with 1 tortilla, 1/2 package of WW ham, 1 tsp of tomato concentrate, 1/2 bell pepper and 3 tbsp grated parmesan (8) and a small salad with WW french dressing (2) (10 points)

Snacks: a coffee with cream (2) and a small WW exotic ice cream (1) (3 points)

Total points for the day: 22 points

Last edited:
Thursday 08/08/2013 (77.4 kg):

Breakfast: 1 coffee flavored WW yogurt and a coffee with cream (4 points)

Lunch: 183 g risotto made with onions, garlic, 5 small cherry tomatoes and 2 tbsps grated parmesan (7) and a medium boiled corn (2) (9 points)

Dinner: WW pizza made with 1 tortilla, 1/2 package of WW ham, 1 tsp of tomato concentrate, 1/2 bell pepper and 3 tbsp grated parmesan (8) and a small salad with WW french dressing (2) (10 points)

Total points for the day: 23 points

Last edited:
Friday 09/08/2013 (76.7 kg):

Lunch: 195 g risotto made with onions, garlic, 2 small cherry tomatoes and 2 tbsps grated parmesan (7) and a medium boiled corn (2) (9 points)

Snacks: a small WW exotic ice cream (1 point)

Total points for the day: 22 points

Last edited:
Monday 12/08/2013 (76.3 kg):

Breakfast: 1 coffee flavored WW yogurt (2) and a coffee with WW milk (1) (3 points)

Lunch: 125 g pasta with 6 cherry tomatoes and 1 tbsp of parmesan (7 points) - not at all filling... :(

Dinner: 200 g Spätzle with 200 g mushrooms in cream sauce (10) and a small salad with WW french dressing (2) (12 points)

Snacks: 1 coffee with cream (2), half a medium boiled corn (1) (3 points)

Total points for the day: 25 points

Last edited:
Hey TTL :) I finally found your diary! (Didn't think to look in the sig at first :rolleyes: )

First off, welcome back :) It's not easy getting back on track, I'm back on after a 4 year hiatus, but now we're here, we're going to kick butt :D

It's interesting what you said about SW; I've just joined, and a lack of portion control might be my downfall... I hope it isn't, never paid for a weight loss group before and would hate to be paying just to get fatter! Ha! But it looks like you're doing really well on WW, I'm not up on my point system but it looks to be well on track.

Congrats on your engagement too! Have you started to plan your wedding or are you having a long engagement?

Have a smashing evening!

Bron

Hey TTL :) I finally found your diary! (Didn't think to look in the sig at first :rolleyes: )

First off, welcome back :) It's not easy getting back on track, I'm back on after a 4 year hiatus, but now we're here, we're going to kick butt :D

It's interesting what you said about SW; I've just joined, and a lack of portion control might be my downfall... I hope it isn't, never paid for a weight loss group before and would hate to be paying just to get fatter! Ha! But it looks like you're doing really well on WW, I'm not up on my point system but it looks to be well on track.

Congrats on your engagement too! Have you started to plan your wedding or are you having a long engagement?

Have a smashing evening!

Bron

Hey Bron!

Thanks for the congrats on the engagement! We haven't really started planning, apart from small ideas and stuff like that. What we definitely have decided on are best man and maid of honor! Although the maid of honor was a no-brainer, it will be my best friend who I know since we were 12! Other than that we have picked out the rings (haven't bought them of course) and we have decided that the wedding will be between middle of September and beginning of October.
I am doing a phd and I will be entering my final year this October so we wanted to do the wedding after I am done, but even if I haven't defended by then, we are still doing it! We are taking it lightly and plan slowly about the long term, because otherwise I don't think I can take the stress of planning a wedding and my final phd year all at once!

About SW, we were doing mainly (if not completely) green days because, although not vegetarians, we are not big fans of meat. In the beginning I was losing about 200g per week and I thought it was OK because I saw that other people in this forum were also losing this slowly. However, after a while the weight just wouldn't budge! We kept going for another 2 months before we finally stopped and in those 2 months not only didn't I lose anything, but I had gained 0.5kg back! It didn't make sense for me, since we were following the diet to the letter (I hadn't seen anything written anywhere about portion control...) and it didn't work!
Before SW we had tried Atkins and it seemed (at least in the case of The Boy) to work quite well. So we went back for a couple of weeks, but we got so disgusted with the amounts of fat and meat that we stopped after only a couple of weeks.

And then came the dark period of slight depression during which I was constantly thinking about my weight and trying to come to terms with the fact that I obviously would be obese for the rest of my life and this included a lot of other 'repercussions' - my family (but not only) *****ing about my weight, not being able to have a nice wedding dress on, the question of what happens with future pregnancies if I am obese, and so on and so forth!

Things changed at the beginning of June. We were going back home to my parents at the end of June and I could not face another family gathering with everybody telling me I am too fat and giving me their own piece of advice on what to do (my family and extended family and even lots of other people that I am not going to mention now are what you call 'helicopters'). So I came across an online calculator that told you according to your weight, height, age and activity level, how many WW Pro Points you should have per day. It took me 3 days to read anything I could find on WW, we bought 2 recipe books and made (as we had before) a weekly menu plan and started it. We had 3 weeks until our flight. On the first week I think I lost something like 2.5kg! I was thrilled! Then the second week another 1.5kg and the third week I don't remember exactly, but again a nice amount was gone. I looked less puffy, I felt much better, even my engagement ring felt much better when I put it on!
We went to my parents' (for 10 days), we were reasonable, we got complimented on what was apparently an obvious weight loss, had an engagement party and came back with only 1kg more than what I was when we left. Then we were back on track and we've only taken a break for one week that we had guests and it couldn't be helped. Apart from these 2 weeks (at my parents' and when we had the guests) there has not been one week that I haven't lost a bit of weight. Even a few hundred grams. And with the weight coming off, I cannot describe the elation and downright happiness that I feel! I put on a shirt on Saturday that made me look like a sausage a few months ago and it was nice and airy! I felt so giddy, I was like a 16-year-old getting asked on a date by the guy she's had a secret crush on!
I have to admit that I am still a bit weary as to the long term weight loss. We have tried so much and it was unsuccessful that I am constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop and basically gain everything back, although I am on the diet. I try not to think of that, but instead I take it one day at a time!

So, in case you are still with me and haven't fallen asleep from the ranting, my point is, SW didn't work for me although I was following it to the letter. In retrospect it was probably the portions and the fact that I constantly felt bloated should have given me a hint (I probably just didn't want to acknowledge it). I really sincerely hope that it works for you and I have to admit that it seems that you are doing it much better than I was. You are checking calories and exercising every day (I introduced exercise when I stopped losing weight - it didn't help at all...) so you probably will do much better than I could! In any case, good luck to the both of us and here is to motivating each other!

Liz

Back