Tryingtolose's Food Diary

Tuesday 13/08/2013 (76 kg):

Breakfast: 1 coffee flavored WW yogurt (2) and a coffee with WW milk (1) (3 points)

Lunch: 125 g pasta with 6 cherry tomatoes and 1 tbsp of parmesan (7 points) - we have to go back to the rice, the pasta is nice but it's like you haven't eaten at all!

Dinner: 200 g Spätzle with 200 g mushrooms in cream sauce (10) and a small salad with WW french dressing (2) (12 points)

Snacks: 1 coffee with cream (2) (2 points)

Total points for the day: 24 points

Last edited:
Good evening TTL :)

I totally understand with the wedding planning, one of my best mates got engaged about 2 years ago, and they've planned the wedding for next May. She's also doing a PhD, and is doing the write up now. It's a stressful thing to do, I certainly couldn't have planned a wedding while studying. Good luck with your PhD too, I understand they're a lot of work but it'll be worth it for the extra letters in your name ;)

I read the whole of your diet history with such an aching understanding... It's the highs and lows that really draw us all together. I'm so sorry that your family haven't been more supportive, it's a devastating feeling to know that people you love and trust would talk about your personal life in a hurtful way.

I am so pleased that you've found something that works for you and that is giving you such awesome results! And I bet it's good getting compliments from the helicopters every time you see them :D

I'm definitely going to see how it goes with SW; I've made my husband hide the scales as I was weighing pretty much twice daily trying to gauge and spot results, but weighing daily is never going to show a true gauge of weight. I did measure my waist this morning and I've lost an inch since about the time I started which is promising. I think it's really a case of courses for horses when it comes to weight loss, and we all have to do what we feel comfortable with at the end of the day.

Though the plan is never to go back to the overeating diet, I did a bit too well on that one :D

Food looks very good for today! Definitely switch up to rice is pasta isn't satisfying you, I find with rice it feels a little more for the same gramage ;)

Have a wonderful wednesday!

Bron :)

Yes, when we went back to my parents' in June all the helicopters were complimenting the both of us on weight lost and asking how we did it (I was 4kg heavier
than I am now btw) but after all the questions, they were again saying that there is still a lot I should lose and of course everyone was offering their own piece of advice. The most ironic (or annoying, whichever you want to call it) is my uncle, who eats 3 servings, has a belly the size of China and still comments every.single.time about my weight AND is the one to offer the MOST advice on how to shed the kgs!!! Completely ironic and somewhat fake! You cannot eat like that and at the same time tell someone else they shouldn't eat the already half-filled plate that they have in front of them!

How is the cardigan knitting going by the way? I finished the body on the one I am knitting for my mom, but got bored with the lace on the sleeves and started a Cabin Log blanket for us as a distraction. I will force myself to start again on the cardigan tomorrow.

Wednesday 14/08/2013 (75.7 kg):

Breakfast: 1 coffee flavored WW yogurt (2 points)

Lunch: 195 g risotto made with onions, garlic, 2 small cherry tomatoes and 2 tbsps grated parmesan (7 points)

Dinner: 300 g boiled potatoes (only ate about a half of them) (6) with 1 medium boiled corn (again only ate half) (2) and a small salad with WW french dressing (2) (10 points)

Snacks: 2 coffees with cream (4) and a mini WW exotic ice cream (1) (5 points)

Total points for the day: 24 points (in reality only 20 taking into consideration that I only ate half my dinner)

Last edited:
Your uncle sounds like a character :rolleyes: What I don't get with people like that is that they just can't see how backward they're being giving someone advice on how to lose weight when they obviously haven't been following that plan! Or maybe he has, but it's gone horribly... horribly... wrong...

The jumper's going really well at the mo! Not done any for a couple of days, but I reckon the main part isn't far off :) It's knitted sideways, so no sleeve knitting and less sewing up :D That's my kind of jumper!!

Food looks great so far, was the risotto more filling than the pasta?

Bron

Your uncle sounds like a character :rolleyes: What I don't get with people like that is that they just can't see how backward they're being giving someone advice on how to lose weight when they obviously haven't been following that plan! Or maybe he has, but it's gone horribly... horribly... wrong...

The jumper's going really well at the mo! Not done any for a couple of days, but I reckon the main part isn't far off :) It's knitted sideways, so no sleeve knitting and less sewing up :D That's my kind of jumper!!

Food looks great so far, was the risotto more filling than the pasta?

Bron

Hehehe, no, he's actually not following any kind of plan! He just likes to tell people what to do!

I'm so glad to see I am not the only one who doesn't like sewing up knitting! I have a toddler vest done (the front and back) and I have been procrastinating sewing the pieces together for more than a year...oooops!!! :)

The risotto was most definitely more filling than the pasta, but it seems like I have forgotten to put salt in...! No matter, still tastes pretty good! :)

Thursday 15/08/2013 (75.2 kg):

Breakfast: 1 coffee flavored WW yogurt (2) and a coffee with WW milk (1) (3 points)

Lunch: 195 g risotto made with onions, garlic, 2 small cherry tomatoes and 2 tbsps grated parmesan (7 points)

Dinner: 300 g boiled potatoes (only ate about a half of them) (6) with 1 medium boiled corn (again only ate half) (2) and a small salad with WW french dressing (2) (10 points)

Snacks: 2 coffees with cream (2 points)

Total points for the day: 22 points (in reality only 18 - maybe 19 - taking into consideration that I only ate half my dinner)

Last edited:
I know that weighing myself on a daily basis is not the best idea because the weight fluctuates due to water retention etc etc etc, but I cannot help myself and quite frankly I don't really want to stop...!
Every morning when I go on the scale and I see either the same weight or something less I get sooo happy! I constantly live with this fear that although I am following the plan, at some point the losses will stop and I will actually gain all the weight that I have lost back! So, the daily weigh in is like a confirmation that I am still good, that this hasn't happened yet!

I have to say, for posterity reasons, that my mood is better than it has been in months, I don't constantly obsess about my weight, I just go about my daily business, I even started looking at style and fashion online again. I had stopped a couple of years ago because I would see all of these nice outfits that I would love to wear but of course, being as big as I was, I never could, so it only made me more depressed! But now I can actually see a small little flickering light at the end of the tunnel!!! :)

Another 1.4 kg to lose and then I will finally be overweight, not obese anymore! I can't wait! :)

Haha,believe me if I could get someone to sew all my bits together I would! Love knitting in the round for that reason :D

Totally get the daily weighing. I was getting so obsessed that I got my husband to hide them :D I know what you mean though,when you've tried and tested so many times you just want to see if it's working. Certainly with ones like SW and WW where they are quite generous it feels too good to be true :) You are doing awesome with it,soon you can be your uncle's very own helicopter :D

Ooo exciting! I can't wait to hit the heady realm of obesity; just being not clinically obese will be awesome! Not far off overweight at all - I'm very envious ;)

Bron

Oh, I will never be my uncle's helicopter. It's useless. He has these opinions about certain things, nutrition included, that don't make sense at all and as a scientist I sometimes get so pissed about what he says (the latest thing was that chillies will lower the ph of your blood and in this way you can reverse cancer and metastasis doesn't really exist - it's just a ruse made by pharmaceutical companies to make money) that I try to reason with him, but in the end I always come up with the conclusion that I am wasting my breath and he (probably) comes up with the conclusion that I am completely clueless!

Can't wait to be overweight (I never thought I would say this...)!!! :)

Wow... One of thooooooose people. Love the science behind bogus theories like that, nothing better than a good crock of bull or a decent conspiracy theory to make one smile and nod patronisingly :rolleyes: Sounds like it's better just to grin and bear it...

I'm thinking of working out the weights for bog standard obese and overweight for some more mini targets... Love a target, especially when I can reward it :D

Bron

:)
Ooooh! That's an idea! What are you using as rewards?
I thought about clothes, but since I plan to keep losing, this doesn't really make sense at the moment. Then I thought about yarn, but my stash is overflowing so that's not a good idea either!
I am open to suggestions though...! :)

Friday 16/08/2013 (74.9 kg):

Lunch: 195 g risotto made with onions, garlic, 2 small cherry tomatoes and 2 tbsps grated parmesan (7) and a coffee with WW milk (1) (8 points)

Dinner: WW pizza made with 1 tortilla, 1/2 package of WW ham, 1 tsp of tomato concentrate, 1/2 bell pepper and 3 tbsp grated parmesan (8) and a small salad with WW french dressing (2) (10 points)

Snacks: 2 coffees with cream (4 points)

Total points for the day: 25 points

Last edited:
You know, strange things have started happening. Everything was perfect until Friday morning, I was losing, I was happy, it was great! And then on Saturday morning when I weighed myself, I had gained 300g although I had not cheated at all! And I had done nothing different either! On Sunday morning I had gained another 300g again without cheating. I kept my points, I was really nice!
And I was hoping that today would be better and I just weighed myself and it showed that I have gained another 700g!!! I now weigh 1.3 kg more than I did on Friday and only 100g less than last week! This is really frustrating and to be fairly honest extremely ... I don't know what. I can't find words. I didn't cheat! At all! I weighed all my portions, counted my points, just as always! And what I end up with is a 1.3 kg gain in 2 days??? This is not the best way to start the week...

Monday 19 /08/2013 (76.2 kg):

Breakfast: 1 coffee flavored WW yogurt (2) and a coffee with cream (2) (4 points)

Dinner: a small salad with WW french dressing (2) and a medium boiled corn (2) (4 points) (I technically should have eaten a pizza as well for another 7 points, but I wasn't hungry)

Snacks: 2 coffees with cream (4) and one tea with milk (1) (5 points)

Total points for the day: 20 points

Last edited:
Tuesday 20 /08/2013 (75.4 kg):

Breakfast: 1 coffee flavored WW yogurt (2) and a coffee with cream (2) (4 points)

Dinner: 3/4 WW pizza (made with 1 tortilla, 1/2 package of WW ham, 1 tsp of tomato concentrate, 1/2 bell pepper and 3 tbsp grated parmesan) (7), a medium boiled corn (2) and a small salad with WW french dressing (2) (11 points)

Snacks: 3 teas with milk (3) and a WW chocolate desert (3) (6 points)

Total points for the day: 28 points (ooops...2 more than I should)

Last edited:
Wednesday 21/08/2013 (75.1 kg):

Dinner: 100 g Spätzle with 150 g mushrooms in cream sauce (8) and a small salad with WW french dressing (2) (10 points)

Snacks: 1 coffee with cream (2), half a medium boiled corn (1) and 2 teas with milk (2) (5 points)

Total points for the day: 26 points

Last edited:
I am having a really crappy week...!
- On Saturday I had a fight with my fiance (we made up after a couple of hours, but still). It had to do with my brother.
- On Sunday I had to go to work and it turned out that one of my coworkers had thrown out - without asking anybody else - a tool that we have been using in the lab for the past 2 years, just because it wasn't comfortable for him. I said a lot of swear words.
- On Monday morning when I weighed myself it turned out I had gained 1.3 kg since Friday, although I didn't cheat.
- On Monday evening a part of my system in the lab broke down which means that fixing it will set me back at least one week.
- Later on Monday evening, my brother came to stay for about 18 hours with us because he had to go to a meeting here. He didn't come directly home after the airport, he first went out with one of his friends and he came to us a bit after midnight. This meant that he didn't even meet my fiance (because he was already asleep and leaves for work so early in the morning that my brother was still asleep then), I stayed up after my normal bed time to see him for even a little bit and he just asked me what I was still doing up, talked to me for maybe 30 seconds to ask me if I can skip work the day after to go help him find a suit, got annoyed when I told him no, told me to call him as soon as I can leave from work but make it maximum 9:30 - 10:00 (I work 8:00 - 17:00, maybe longer if I need to) and then went to bed.
- On Tuesday morning I met my brother again for about 10 min before he left for his meeting and I for work, he told me that since I am a phd student I can just leave and nobody cares if I am there or not (absolutely not true and I was supposed to talk to my boss on Tuesday anyway). Around 9:00 I got an email from him asking me if I am done and can go meet him to look for this bloody suit that he wanted. I told him no, my boss wasn't even at work yet. I ended up leaving work at 18:30.
- On Tuesday afternoon I wanted to organize this repair of my system and a guy that is supposed to be a guest working on one of the systems that belong to our group told me that I have to wait for him until he is done with this work, in order to take the parts that I need, since he thinks that he (and another guy who is waiting to take over that system after he is done) has priority. I barely made it out the door without screaming at him or throwing something in his general direction.
- On Tuesday evening I got an email from my brother saying that a friend of his from here is going there on Friday and that I have to arrange with him so that we can meet and I can give him a carry-on suitcase filled with my brother's stuff that didn't make it into his own suitcase (there are still about 8 boxes of his stuff in our spare room).
- On Wednesday afternoon I got an email from my brother with the title "urgent". He needs information from some of his documents that are still at our place. He knew this already on Monday night and Tuesday morning when he was here. I still am the one that has to look for the info. I was home in order to study. I told him I was at work and couldn't go through his documents at that time. I was too annoyed to study, I cast on a shawl and ripped it after I realized I had made a mistake on pretty much every row of the lace pattern.
- On Wednesday late afternoon I arranged a meeting with this guy so that we can get this suitcase business over with. We were supposed to meet at 20:00. My fiance and I waited for 45 min at the meeting point before we left. I had already called him 3 times and he didn't pick up. He called me at 22:20 and told me that he thought the meeting was today (Thursday). I told him again what I had written to him in emails, that I don't know if we can meet today, because I have to work long. The suitcase was 9 kg heavy and it doesn't have wheels.
- On Wednesday night when we came back home after being stood up for 45 min, I called my brother on skype to take care of this business with the info that he needed. I was very pissed, very harsh and slightly yelled at him. He asked me what he should do, I told him that the way he has arranged it there is certainly nothing he can do from afar. It's still not correct. He told me that he couldn't find a folder with original documents that include his Diploma etc etc etc. It's not there, it has to be somewhere at our place. I have to find it. I turned him off very abruptly.
- Later on Wednesday night I asked my fiance to tell me his honest opinion about me, when it comes to my family. He told me that he thinks it's my mother's fault that my brother is a spoiled brat that always gets what he wants (nothing I didn't know already, I've been openly saying this for years) and that I let myself get pushed around by my brother and mother. While getting slightly depressed I wondered, that since he has already realized that I am not as strong as I would like to be or as much as he thinks I am, what happens when he realizes that I am also not as pretty as he thinks, or as smart. Although if I want to be honest with myself, I don't really think that he would leave me, even if that happens.
- Even later on Wednesday night I (and my fiance) got an email from my brother's girlfriend - really nice girl, best thing that ever happened to him - thanking us for the coffee that we had sent as a gift (gourmet, very expensive, we had bought it as a gift for them a few months back, my brother never had suitcase space to take it with him) and saying that she is really sorry that we can't make it to their housewarming party this Saturday. We only got an invitation (by email of course) about this party last Sunday- so that is, one week in advance and we don't live in the same country - and so far I hadn't got a chance to tell my brother that we cannot make it...
- Before going to bed on Wednesday night I got an email from my brother saying that when I am calmer and have time we should take a look together at all his folders. The documents that he lost have to be there somewhere. I shut the laptop so hard that I am not absolutely sure if the screen still works.

Back