Tuesday At Home Weighers!

Hello, this is my first post. I’ve decided to do SW from home (I’ve previously been a group attending member, so I have the books) and I’d like to lose about 15lbs. I’m weighing myself tomorrow and will be updating every week. Even though it seems no one is here anymore?? I just need a place I can be held accountable, so why not on a free public website! 😂 In all seriousness, everyone on here seems lovely, and I hope to get to know some of you along the way. I’m excited to get started.
Hi welcome, I WI on Tuesday too, but at class. There has been changes to SW since start of year, I assume your books are fully up to date? Sometimes it can seem a bit quiet but there can be a lot of traffic too at times. I would suggest you keep a food diary on here and that will keep you right and can help you get support as well. There is a lot of SW members on here, you could follow their diaries too and they could give you ideas and inspiration as well. There is also a lot of SW threads that might help. We are all in it together, I wish you well and will pop by and see how you are doing. :) :)

Hello Mistyangel, thank you for your swift reply! And the advice 😊 My book isn’t up to date as I haven’t attended since about September last year but I know of the updates from a friend. Thank you for telling me though. Can I please ask how I keep a food diary on here? Is it just on a thread? I’m very new to this, so I’m sorry if it’s actually super simple! xx

Hello Mistyangel, thank you for your swift reply! And the advice 😊 My book isn’t up to date as I haven’t attended since about September last year but I know of the updates from a friend. Thank you for telling me though. Can I please ask how I keep a food diary on here? Is it just on a thread? I’m very new to this, so I’m sorry if it’s actually super simple! xx
Yes there is a SW thread. Go to home page, and scroll down until you see SW, underneath there will be sub-forum and weight loss diaries, it will show you a list of all the diaries. On right just above the list of diaries, there is an orange box saying "post thread" from there you can post you diary, but I would suggest if you look at the list of diaries it will give you an idea of what others post and what titles they use (some very fun and fabulous). Some post just their meals, others how they are feeling, just depends on you, I do a combination of both. Good luck, will be on and off for a while so if you need anymore help, please let me know. By the way, there are a AskMinimins forum and Technical Forums for all the help you need, have a nosy around.

Yes there is a SW thread. Go to home page, and scroll down until you see SW, underneath there will be sub-forum and weight loss diaries, it will show you a list of all the diaries. On right just above the list of diaries, there is an orange box saying "post thread" from there you can post you diary, but I would suggest if you look at the list of diaries it will give you an idea of what others post and what titles they use (some very fun and fabulous). Some post just their meals, others how they are feeling, just depends on you, I do a combination of both. Good luck, will be on and off for a while so if you need anymore help, please let me know. By the way, there are a AskMinimins forum and Technical Forums for all the help you need, have a nosy around.
Thank you so much for your help Misty 😊 That’s really helpful xx
Weighed in this morning at 9st10lb, so it all starts now!! Here goes...

Your BMI looks pretty healthy, I assume that target keeps you still in the healthy range? I suppose it is all relative to how you feel and how you want to look, good luck and i hope you get to where you need to go!!!!
Oh yes, my target is still in the healthy bmi range, but will make me feel a lot better to lose about a stone. I’m heavier than I’ve ever been (other than being pregnant) and it makes me feel uncomfortable and sluggish, particularly in the summer when it’s hot. I know 9st10lb is quite lean for some people but I think height and proportions etc has a lot to do with it. For me, I’m quite small boned, and I feel heavy. Not so much the way it looks, but it feels heavy to carry myself around sometimes if that makes sense??

Oh yes, my target is still in the healthy bmi range, but will make me feel a lot better to lose about a stone. I’m heavier than I’ve ever been (other than being pregnant) and it makes me feel uncomfortable and sluggish, particularly in the summer when it’s hot. I know 9st10lb is quite lean for some people but I think height and proportions etc has a lot to do with it. For me, I’m quite small boned, and I feel heavy. Not so much the way it looks, but it feels heavy to carry myself around sometimes if that makes sense??
Of course, I get what you are saying, when I said to people I was aiming for 4 stones they said, don't be ridiculous, but actually 4 and half stones takes in me into the high end of healthy range. But have not been anywhere near that in years so it could look quite drastic as others are used to seeing me with weight on, I could technically go down to 7 and half stone and still be in healthy range. I am in the lower end of "obese" range, my more immediate goal is just to get my BMI below 30 just to be in the "overweight" range. Oh just to be overweight would be great lol :eek::eek::eek:

Of course, I get what you are saying, when I said to people I was aiming for 4 stones they said, don't be ridiculous, but actually 4 and half stones takes in me into the high end of healthy range. But have not been anywhere near that in years so it could look quite drastic as others are used to seeing me with weight on, I could technically go down to 7 and half stone and still be in healthy range. I am in the lower end of "obese" range, my more immediate goal is just to get my BMI below 30 just to be in the "overweight" range. Oh just to be overweight would be great lol :eek::eek::eek:
Oh bless you, well if it helps you seem to be doing great and are well on your way to your goal! I wish I was that dedicated and could stop having so many non starts that never stick. It takes a tremendous amount of will power and determination, and that’s my biggest sticking point. But you seem to already have that down 🙌🏻 I hope you’re proud of yourself, because I think you’re pretty amazing. I honestly mean that too. I apologise if it sounds phony and cheese like, I don’t mean it to xx

Hi Letti, I just began SW on Tuesday and my start weight is the same as you, 9st10lbs. I just want to shift the extra baby weight. How are you getting on?? :) x

Hi, I know this is an old post but I am a Tuesday weigher - anyone else who would like to re-start this post with me. I’m trying to join as many challenges as possible to keep me on track.

Back