Tuesday Weighers

Hi all, first weigh in on Tues - I weighed 10lb 12oz. So that's 1 1/2 stone to lose. Can't wait to post my first loss (fingers crossed!)on Tues!

Wow thats light....I think you mean 10*stones* 12*lbs* he he

I myself used to be much lighter, at one time I only weighed 7lbs. ;):p

Joking aside, I hope you do well. You don't have a great deal to lose but I know the last pounds are hardest to shed.
x

Help needed....I have lost 10 and a half pounds so far and am so pleased, can get back into size 12's I last wore 4 years ago, couldnt even get them past my knees in previous years!! Anyways i seem to have hit a wall mentally, put on a pound this week,, first week ive put on since i started and now i cant seem to stop eating 'bad things' I binged when i got home from work last night - bacon and cheese roll, peanut butter on crackers, chocolate and then when the OH came home we ordered pizza and cheesy chips. Seem to have lost my willpower now, I would like to lose a stone from where I am now but finding it very hard to get back on track. evenings are hardest as i finish work between 4:30pm and 6:30pm but my OH doesnt usually get back til around 10pm so have lots of time to think about food and cupboard raiding!!

3lb off for me.. only just got round to posting as had visitors here this week.

Hathor - haha! I have no idea why I said that, guess I'm more used to talking about my babies weights!!
Yes, I think last pounds are hardest. At first, it came off really quickly with breastfeeding but I hit a plateau, hence SW. I lost 5 stone 8 years ago, and kept it off, but then had 3 babies in 2 years - not great for your figure!
Thanks for the best wishes hun x
Kristabelle - I know this isn't an easy answer or quick fix, but I think you might need to reassess your mentality. Try not to view this as a restrictive diet, rather, a lifestyle change you are choosing to making. If you start seeing foods as 'bad' and seeing yourself as being restricted and deprived, you're setting yourself up to binge. I know it's not that easy to change that mentality!
Try and fill yourself up with lots of free foods - loads of filling, starchy foods like potatoes, rice, cous cous, eggs, lean meats and fish. Don't wait until you're starving hungry to eat, try and get it so you're never hungry. Prepare lots of free/low syn foods in advance and keep them in the fridge to nibble on (try muller light, syn free chilli, ham and egg omelette, fridge raiders - 1 1/2 syns per bag...)
As for regaining your motivation - I find looking at success stories really motivating. Try and focus on your goal and all the things you're looking forward to about reaching it - what clothes you can wear, how you'll feel in yourself, the confidence you will have in various situations.
And utilise your consultant!! If you're feeling low, and have lost your motivation - talk to them, they should be able to help. Good luck! xx

Purplehearts - I had the same thing, I had 3 babies in 2.5 yrs... I was a size 10 before that, it really does bad things to your body..lol

I have a little girl who is nearly two, so its time to lose that baby weight ! :)

Kristabelle, I think purple gave you some great advice.

What I tend to do, if I feel really fed up I will make a huge plate of slimming world chips - they are just like potato wedges and make you feel full. But I like savoury stuff. Is your temptation the sweet stuff? There are lots of things people eat that can be synned like chocolate (curly wurly 6 syns). I think you need to get stocked up on your favorite "allowed" foods like your sweet fat free yoghurts and immediately start to eat them when you feel really tempted, cos it will take the edge off.
If you've made some really nice slimming world meals, make sure you have them in your cupboard. Chilli made with real mince (but cooked slimming world) is great on a jacket potato topped with your allowed cheese, or sw chips egg and beans, - meals which mean you don't feel deprived.

Save syns for pizza and allow yourself a pizza once every 2 weeks??

I hope that helps x

I'm getting really pee'd off with my scale. It now says a pound more, despite me sticking to plan 100%. grrrr and weigh in is tomorrow!

This happened last month the week *after* my period I lost half a pound. Maybe that will happen this week. Very strange.
x

Well joined slimming world this will be week 3 tomorrow. My 1st week i lost 6lb and my second i lost 1/2lb. so fingers crossed tomorrow altho i have a very stressfull week :S but here is hoping :D

Good luck everyone for tomorrows weigh in.

I'm a little nervous (gulp) but I just hope I haven't gained. Even STS would be OK and I can get back on track I suppose.

Why am I getting POST menstrual tension?!
x

Thanks guys, great advice, think i just needed a kick up the proverbial!Planning in advance is definitely key, i shall forget the week i've just had and start again, weigh in tomorrow obviously and then I shall get back in the kitchen, thanks for the support and ideas x x

Tuesday here again already? :D

Well I hope to have lost the 3 pound I put on last week via the hen weekend shenanigans. I really struggled to get back on plan at the begining of the week and was out for a 3 course meal on Sat with friends (I did make some good choices) but I have done loads of exercise and overall have been good, although not perfect.

Good luck Tuesday peeps.

Hooray! I lost 1.5lb

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Good luck Tuesday people

xxxxxxxxxx

That is brilliant! So close to target - I'll def be looking out for your loss next week! How excited must you be?!
:kissass:

my weigh in isnt till this evening, last week lost a half pound :sigh:, really disapointed cause i really do stick to it 100% .. been weighing myself at home, and im predicting another half pound! :( i want more more more! good luck today at wi everyone x

Hey ladies and gents, well I lost 3.5lbs so im fairly happy, but I did put on 7.5lbs last week. so was hoping for more to come off, I have 3 weeks to loose 8lbs... can I do it?? I hope so! Good luck to everyone and well done to those so far xxxx

Good Luck for all your weigh-ins today! I will be weighin in at an odd time as I have an exam to do today :(.
Congrats for the weight loss - and the sts.
And for the gains keep smiling :) and just keep going

FeatherWeight

Back