Tuesday Weighers

Hi all. Me and my partner joined slimming world yesterday. I had a baby 7 weeks ago and looking forward to shifting the baby weight and then some! :)

Any tips or advice, please throw it my way :)

Thanks

Em x

emilybananna said:
Hi all. Me and my partner joined slimming world yesterday. I had a baby 7 weeks ago and looking forward to shifting the baby weight and then some! :)

Thanks

Em x

Hi Em I'm fairly new as well, two weeks in SW now. Good luck and congrats on the baby

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

2.5lb on this week, although disappointed it was deserved as I ate rubbish and drank all weekend at Creamfields festival. Really back on track this week and sticking to plan 100%! On the plus side I did get my silver body magic :)

Thanks

Em x

Hi hun, we have similar weights and goal weights, be great to swap ideas.. I started yesterday too but have been a few times before, I lost a lot of weight. Its crept back on over the years due to a underactive thyroid and not taking my meds propery....I'm determined this time!!

XXXXX

Hello do you mind if I join you all? I too weigh in on a Tuesday.

Start date02/08/11 12.6.5
09/08/11 12.4=-2.5
16/08/11 12.1 = -3
23/08/11 11.12=-3
30/08/11 11.12=STS* week
Total -8.5lbs

Measurements
Bust 40"
Waist 34"
Hips 42"
Thigh 24"
Arm 12"
Calf 16.5"
I am trying to do the 30 day shred also and increase my general activity levels. Any hints and tips and of course support and encouragement gratefully received!

Last edited:
Welcome new tuesday weighers :D help yourself to tea, coffee and syn free snacks *points at the snack corner*

Best advice i can give is plan ahead! even if it's just for the next day- decide what you want to eat and stick with it :) Keep a food diary for the first few weeks, as you're getting used to the plan, and see how much you're eating. If you're on extra easy (which i thoroughly recommend!) don't forget your 1/3 superfree on your plate with each meal. If you want to snack- stick to free or superfree foods- like a muller light, or a piece of fruit :)

And **use your syns** <---- very important!!! Don't say "oh i'm going to be good and have no syns" nope- that isn't being good ;) If you want to stick to low syns, have 5 a day- i stuck to 15 a day for the first few weeks and still lost big :) and use them on whatever you want- if you want a glass of wine, have one- or if you just want a bit of butter on your jacket potato- that's ok too. Anything you have eaten with a syn value, dont forget to count it :)

hmm.....thats all i can remember for now.

oh! don't stick to the same food every day either- have some variety! The more variety in your diet, the more likely you are to stick at it :)

It works if you work it :D good luck and welcome to the tuesday group :D

Hey duffs - we can be slimming buddy's :)

I'm so excited about becoming the new me (the one that's on the inside screaming to get out :p ) glad I have my bf doing it too, although he was a little embarrassed as he was the only guy there. It will just make meal times so much easier and the temptation to go off track should be less If I have the support.

Hoping to get to 14st before Xmas although it seems a very distant goal I know it's doable! :) (It's only 1.5lb a week, and hopefully I will have a boost with the 1st weeks weight loss to take the average down incase / when I have a bad week. The only thing I'm worried about is I did slimfast last week and lost 6lb!! I just hope it doesn't affect my loss this week.

Anyways, enough rambling! Keep in touch and let me know how your getting on as will I

-x-

There are plusses to having a partner doing the plan with us, but there are minuses too! My husband is doing the plan, though not attending the meetings (Can't afford for us both to go) It's great most of the time, except when he loses twice as much as I do, having eaten the same meals!

Of course in my rational moments (I do have some every now and then!) I know that men lose faster than women, and he's generally more active than I am, walking to get the bus where I have the car because of the kids, so it makes sense.

But when I've stayed on plan 100% and worked hard for a half pound loss, and he steps on the scales for a 5lb loss, I've been known to get a little demoralised!

Not that I've let him know that, I'm genuinely happy that it's going well for him, but can't help feeling a bit frustrated deep down!

I can imagine smoffi! There is already a little healthy competition between us but in the back of my mind I know it will drop off him at first! So long as we are both losing, that's the main thing.

-x-

Lol a friend of mine went camping with her hubby at the weekend he lost 12lb this week she gained 1.5 I don't think she was impressed and called him a name beginning with B lol . They both ate fatty foods and drank loads

mrs big b said:
Lol a friend of mine went camping with her hubby at the weekend he lost 12lb this week she gained 1.5 I don't think she was impressed and called him a name beginning with B lol . They both ate fatty foods and drank loads

Omg 12lbs loss, I feel like going out and buying a tent!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Smoffi said:
12lb?! has she checked him for missing limbs?! lol

Pmsl he is a very big man but really not sure how that happened lol . I was an absolute angel last week and lost 4lb a third of what he lost !! think I'm going wrong somewhere

1/2 off!!!!!! Must be all the walking. Am still posting on here as I feel I know you lot better than the Thursday lot (they're nice too though)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hoping said:
Wohoo!! Well done... Onwards and downwards!! ;-)

Do you feel better in the new group with a new c??

Only been once but yes much better thanks x

Wow! 12lb in a week?! That's crazy!

Hey, what's everyones biggest losses you have had in a week - ( just being nosy :p )

X

Wow! 12lb in a week?! That's crazy!

Hey, what's everyones biggest losses you have had in a week - ( just being nosy :p )

X

6lb for me- i've managed that twice- once in my first week and once after my first (and so far only *crosses fingers it stays that way*) gain.

With a loss the week before, my biggest loss is 4.5lb :)

6&7 lb is flipping good going eh! I would be v.happy if I get that this week. :)

Back