Tuesday Weighers

Well I lost 2.5 lb's this week, so over the moon, and got into the 14's finally, well done to all those who have lost and STS and if you did gain keep positive, I did, I gained a half pound last week and was really down, but stuck at it and lost it plus another 2lb so If I can do it so can you. Keep up the good work to everyone! :D

Feel like crying, since I've been in hospital with bowel blockage, and had to avoid fruit and veg, and given up smoking (surgeons advice) I've gained 0.5 and then 1 lb. It's been so hard, cravings constantly, feeling hormonal and can't eat super free foods! Been trying o compensate with lentil/ bean/ tomatoe stew but gave in to rich tea biscuits and marshmallows. Need some help this week any tips welcome. Dani

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Feel like crying, since I've been in hospital with bowel blockage, and had to avoid fruit and veg, and given up smoking (surgeons advice) I've gained 0.5 and then 1 lb. It's been so hard, cravings constantly, feeling hormonal and can't eat super free foods! Been trying o compensate with lentil/ bean/ tomatoe stew but gave in to rich tea biscuits and marshmallows. Need some help this week any tips welcome. Dani

I know exactly how you feel, hun. My diet went totally out the window 2 weeks ago when I was in hosp myself. I ended up feeling so down that I considered quitting altogether. Stick with it though!
As for tips... if you're giving up the smokes, you're going to look for things to do with your hands and mouth - eating is the easiest thing to do. My advice is to try the patches, if you can. They are excellent! I tried them and after a week of not smoking, a week of hardly even having a craving, I had to stop because I was allergic to the glue :( But during that week, I didn't eat all around myself like I did the other times I gave up smoking.
Other than that... try some Fybogel sachets... they're great for the bowels. I have IBS and they really work a treat for me.
*note to self* Take own advice, since you've been constipated for 4 days lol

Don't give up, hun. You may surprise yourself and have a really good loss next week! I had a STS due to the hospital and my routine being out of whack last week, and this week I lost 5.5lb and got slimmer of the week! Chin up x x

Lost 4.5 this week got my 4st award and slimmer of the week I'm made up and sooooo happy

xMandyDx said:
I know exactly how you feel, hun. My diet went totally out the window 2 weeks ago when I was in hosp myself. I ended up feeling so down that I considered quitting altogether. Stick with it though!
As for tips... if you're giving up the smokes, you're going to look for things to do with your hands and mouth - eating is the easiest thing to do. My advice is to try the patches, if you can. They are excellent! I tried them and after a week of not smoking, a week of hardly even having a craving, I had to stop because I was allergic to the glue :( But during that week, I didn't eat all around myself like I did the other times I gave up smoking.
Other than that... try some Fybogel sachets... they're great for the bowels. I have IBS and they really work a treat for me.
*note to self* Take own advice, since you've been constipated for 4 days lol

Don't give up, hun. You may surprise yourself and have a really good loss next week! I had a STS due to the hospital and my routine being out of whack last week, and this week I lost 5.5lb and got slimmer of the week! Chin up x x

Thanks for the advice, I lost 4 lbs the week after I came out, but not so good since.

Well done everyone else some fantastic losses keep up the good work

Thanks for the advice, I lost 4 lbs the week after I came out, but not so good since.

You might have some water retention still from the hospital if they had you on a drip. I still have some water retention and I'm out two weeks now.

Just wanted to share my awards . Feeling rather proud .
My consultant hit a chord with me tonight & I had to fight back the tears .
She said as I walked in I walked like the bigger person I was and told me I should walk tall and be proud . It's hard to accept I think . I hated myself for so long couldn't see why anyone would want to talk to me and even like me . Think it's gonna take my brain a while to catch up with my body

Attachments

• image-4137607255.jpg
    image-4137607255.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 39
Just wanted to share my awards . Feeling rather proud .
My consultant hit a chord with me tonight & I had to fight back the tears .
She said as I walked in I walked like the bigger person I was and told me I should walk tall and be proud . It's hard to accept I think . I hated myself for so long couldn't see why anyone would want to talk to me and even like me . Think it's gonna take my brain a while to catch up with my body

Your consultant is absolutely right! You should put on some heels and practice a new walk in front of a mirror with some SWAGGER!! You go, girl!!!

hi everyone i lost 1lb this week and got my 1/2 stone award, which i think was good as its * week for me, so hoping for a good week next week. But craving choc at min so sent partner out for pineapple lol.

Congrats to everyone for their losses this week!
I lost 3.5lbs - 0.5 lbs short of what I was aiming for, but still pleased :D
Going to be pushing it to get below 300lbs before I go away in 2 weeks, but I will be close!

Well I did it! 3.5lb off tonight plus my first ever Slimmer of the Week!! I am chuffed, 9lb gone in 4 weeks :D xx

S7.jpg
Sow.jpg

Last edited:
Very happy tonight, lost 3 1/2lbs and was SOW. Only 1/2 to go to reach 5 stone. I want my new sticker so much!!!

Back