Tuesday Weighers

1/2 on today after a difficult week! Well done to everyone x

1.5lbs off. I was gutted to be honest. I've been really good all week but had a Chinese Saturday night and ruined it for myself. Will I ever learn?! :-/

1/2 off for me, and I was close to tears (sad I know)... aside from going 1 syn over two days I was really really good, and I was 4+ under other days, I haven't changed my eating habits at all... I don't know why the weight los has slowed so much. I'm been moving more, eating better, and I turned down alcohol on Saturday because I didn't want to spare the syns - wish I'd drank with my friends now! :(

1.5lbs off. I was gutted to be honest. I've been really good all week but had a Chinese Saturday night and ruined it for myself. Will I ever learn?! :-/

But it was still 1.5lbs off, I find if I deprive myself of treats at all, I feel like I'm on a diet, rather then trying to change my lifestyle. but the treats I do have are thoughtfully chosen.

I went to wagamamas this week (for example) and chose chilli beef ramen.

I used to have the occasional Chinese when I was attending Slimming World before, I'd go for egg fu young, with noodles, and a really small amount of sweet and sour sauce (It was in the pre extra easy days and I was vegi so was always on a green day)

I still managed a 1.5lb-2lb weight loss... where was a reading last night, 1lb a week, is 3.5 stone in a year! slowly is the best way to do it!

Hey everyone well done this week. Don't know how it's happened but 8lbs off this week! Crazy happy and hope it's gone for good! Xx

what did you eat???
Have you got a diary we could see x

2.5lb off for me last night. Was so happy ...

I've had some weeks where I've thought [adopt grumpy face] "enough of this, I want to be able to eat what my OH eats (crisps, biscuits etc.)".

Then I remind myself that I can, if I want to. I just have to do it in moderation.

The first week that I lost only 1lb I cried (really cried!). Now, I'm much more comfortable that 0.5lb or STS or even a little gain is fine. It's part of the scenic route to weight loss.

It is also a reality check that I can lead a 'normal life' and eat 'normal food' and still be on the right track to losing weight.

I'm not professing that this is a relevation. For me it really is the journey that is important. I have lost weight in the past using pills, excessive gym sessions and drastically reducing my food intake. I know that I can lose weight quickly (and gain it even faster). I've done it before.

This is a different path that I am taking. It's going to take a while. Sometimes it's going to be rocky and a steep climb. But ... when I get there I'm going to stay there because I have been eating properly, exercising regularly and it is my way of life.

P.S. Made Scotch eggs for the group and they went down a storm. Oh, it was a good night!

Last edited:
nemmie said:
But it was still 1.5lbs off, I find if I deprive myself of treats at all, I feel like I'm on a diet, rather then trying to change my lifestyle. but the treats I do have are thoughtfully chosen.

I went to wagamamas this week (for example) and chose chilli beef ramen.

I used to have the occasional Chinese when I was attending Slimming World before, I'd go for egg fu young, with noodles, and a really small amount of sweet and sour sauce (It was in the pre extra easy days and I was vegi so was always on a green day)

I still managed a 1.5lb-2lb weight loss... where was a reading last night, 1lb a week, is 3.5 stone in a year! slowly is the best way to do it!

Thanks so much for ur support :) ur right, 1.5 is still good and it's my star week :) I opted for the foo yung and noodles but it was the salt and pepper chicken wings my hubby left that ruined it! ;-)

1/2 off for me, and I was close to tears (sad I know)... aside from going 1 syn over two days I was really really good, and I was 4+ under other days, I haven't changed my eating habits at all... I don't know why the weight los has slowed so much. I'm been moving more, eating better, and I turned down alcohol on Saturday because I didn't want to spare the syns - wish I'd drank with my friends now! :(

In this weeks meeting quiet a few members who had good weight losses this week said they used all their syns and ate at least 3 meals a lot went on to say that they found the weeks they had the best weightloss was weeks when they ate loads used their syns and stuck to the plan. Maybe you should try a change of tactics. Best of luck.

Hey Guys! normally weigh on a tuesday but had to weigh today this week as couldnt get to yesterdays meeting... but.... neverthe less... i lost 3lbs :-D well chuffed! xx

Hi guys well done every one this week some fab losses!!
I have lost 1 1/2lb totalling 5lb half way to my goal of 10lb before Christmas !

another 1/2lb this week :)

Less than 48 hrs to go . Will I won't I lose that 2lb to get put through for miss slinky or 2.5 for my 5 stone award. Been a long week and feeling nervous . All I do know is I've given it my all . I couldn't have done anymore so whatever I'll hold my head up high & be proud :)

Good look Mrs Big B!!!

Back